The Student Room Group

European University admissions

Many Unis in Europe state that they want a certificate of Secondary education. Does it mean they are happy withe GCSEs? I am doing my AS currently and wan't to run away to Uni asap as any typical teenager of my age...
Original post by DynamicQ
Many Unis in Europe state that they want a certificate of Secondary education. Does it mean they are happy withe GCSEs? I am doing my AS currently and wan't to run away to Uni asap as any typical teenager of my age...

Don't wish your life away, kid.
Reply 2
Most students in Secondary education in Europe spend 6 years in it, not 4 like our GSCEs, so you will need A levels to compete with them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TheSownRose
Don't wish your life away, kid.

You sound so mature and jaded, like a rugged, gnarled old sherriff in a Western saloon.

Yes, but you do think they'll accept just GCSE's?
GCSE's mean nothing internationally.
You need A levels to compete, as that is on a par with international leaving school qualifications,- not GCSE's.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Potiron
You sound so mature and jaded, like a rugged, gnarled old sherriff in a Western saloon.

Well, it's been a hard slog, and life ain't easy - just wish I'd enjoyed it more when I was a young'un instead of wantin' to grow up and be like me old pa...

Spoiler

Reply 6
Well, it's been a hard slog, and life ain't easy - just wish I'd enjoyed it more when I was a young'un instead of wantin' to grow up and be like me old pa...

Spoiler

You deserve rep and I don't have any to give :frown:

It made me laugh. Merry Christmas.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Potiron
You deserve rep and I don't have any to give :frown:

Tha's all right - disappointment's one of them things, you learn to accept it. You will too one day, son...

Spoiler

Reply 8
Tha's all right - disappointment's one of them things, you learn to accept it. You will too one day, son...

Spoiler

A very very merry Christmas to you, old timer. Hopefully the turkey will exceed your expectations. Maybe.
Reply 9
Original post by super.teve
Yes, but you do think they'll accept just GCSE's?
GCSE's mean nothing.
You need A levels to compete, as that is on a par with international leaving school qualifications,- not GCSE's.

rep for the only constructive and logical answer :cool:
Reply 10
rep for the only constructive and logical answer :cool:

They might let you in if you have a high enough rep level?
Reply 11
Original post by Potiron
They might let you in if you have a high enough rep level?

hm...
Ok let's put it that way. I do not celebrate Christmas as I do have a bit different cultural/religious believes.
You're clearly applying for Law in Reading, therefore you most probably British teen doing his A2.
Sitting on TSR generally commenting on **** doing lousy attempts at making jokes, especially during Christmas indicate of how much a loser you are at the moment.

And thanks for the good mood and "believe" that British teenagers are generally inadequate. How does it feel to be tagged as a role model for a stereotype?

Ciao!
hm...
Ok let's put it that way. I do not celebrate Christmas as I do have a bit different cultural/religious believes.
You're clearly applying for Law in Reading, therefore you most probably British teen doing his A2.
Sitting on TSR generally commenting on **** doing lousy attempts at making jokes, especially during Christmas indicate of how much a loser you are at the moment.

And thanks for the good mood and "believe" that British teenagers are generally inadequate. How does it feel to be tagged as a role model for a stereotype?

Ciao!

Ahhh, so much love for you!
Reply 13
hm...

Ciao!

I never said merry christmas to you.

I did my A2s two years ago I think.

Are you suggesting I should have better things to do? What an idea.

Happy winterval.
(edited 13 years ago)
They're asking for the equivalent qualification that gives the right to go to university in your home country - so in this case, A Levels. If you want to apply before your A Levels are completed then send them a letter from your school (ideally signed and stamped) with your AS and predicted A2 grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending