The Student Room Group

DAMMNIT

Help guys

I was gonna ask a girl out today but we work together and asking out during the day would make things awkard if she says no, so i wait until the end of the day, but she is always with someone or a group of people, so i miss my chance and this has happened two weeks in a row, i like miss my chance to talk to her alone and ask her face to face. and before people say you chickened out, i dont want to like drag her out of her circle of friends to ask her out:

1. Its obvious
2.It puts pressure on me as i know everyone would be watching
3.It puts pressure on the poor girl to say yes as its the sole reason ive pulled her out of her friends
4.Im not gonna go head first into it so by making conversation with her it looks like im a selfish idiot and have just wanted to talk to her and no-one else.

So what can i do, text or phone? id much rather ask her face to face but seeing as its incredibly hard for me to ask her face to face by the circumstances then what can i do? I want to ask her for a drink nothing to serious too quick, once ive asked her for a drink and everything goes well then i can ask her to lunch etc etc face to face, thats the easy part because we are alone, but i want to get the drink first, but wont i look a bit weak asking over the phone or text.

I want to know :-(

(BTW she knows how i feel, its kinda obvious, and ive told her, how i feel)
Reply 1
i want to ask, but various people have said it doesnt matter, if she likes me it wont matter (via text or phone) others have said ask face to face.

Girls:

If you liked a guy and he asked you via text or over the phone, would you turn him down for that sole reason?
Reply 2
also i want to tell her why i didnt ask her face to face, but i want to tell her, i would ask her face to face but i cant 1.becasue what ive said and 2.we work in totally different areas
Reply 3
bring up thy post lol hehe
Reply 4
bump
Just ask her out man
Reply 6
Bump
Don't do it by phone, that's so weak.

Just do it during the day. She might not even say no, and if she does, who cares? It won't be as awkward as you being odd because you're looking for opportunities to ask her out.
Reply 8
Man up.
Reply 9
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Don't do it by phone, that's so weak.

Just do it during the day. She might not even say no, and if she does, who cares? It won't be as awkward as you being odd because you're looking for opportunities to ask her out.

Ok, then its sorted, ask her during the day it is then.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
asking out during the day would make things awkard if she says no,

(BTW she knows how i feel, its kinda obvious, and ive told her, how i feel)

Wait. That makes no sense. You're afraid she'll say no yet she knows how you feel? If you've told her and nothing has happened then isn't it clear what she'll say?
Reply 11
Original post by HarryA
Wait. That makes no sense. You're afraid she'll say no yet she knows how you feel? If you've told her and nothing has happened then isn't it clear what she'll say?

its a long story - ive asked her out a coupla times both saying yes but due to certain circumstances nothing has happened, yeah so why am i scared she'll say no, lol, ill ask when i next see her again which will deffo b this week, so ill do it then.
Reply 12
ask her via phone.
If she likes you it doesn't really matter HOW you asked her out, she will just be pleased that you asked her out at all.

(as a side note, its coming up for new years, its not likely she wants to be alone on that date either so your chances of a yes are much higher. ACE!)
Reply 13
Original post by LuellaRuth
ask her via phone.
If she likes you it doesn't really matter HOW you asked her out, she will just be pleased that you asked her out at all.

(as a side note, its coming up for new years, its not likely she wants to be alone on that date either so your chances of a yes are much higher. ACE!)

huh please elaborate - you want me to ask her out for new years?
Reply 14
NO! ask her out because you like her and she likes you (hopefully!)

Good luck.
Reply 15
Original post by LuellaRuth
NO! ask her out because you like her and she likes you (hopefully!)

Good luck.

no, i didnt mean oh its new years ill ask her out haha lol

I meant ask her out to do something on new years, spend it together.

Or

Do you mean ask her out to do something before then, like the cinema or something?
Reply 16
Ask her before and have fun doing whatever,
OR personally I would go for option B and wait for your first kiss at midnight & meet up on New Years day and do something ace.

(but go with what feels right, she may suggest doing something before then!)
Reply 17
cool,

any other thoughts on what i should do, in like phone her today or wait till i next go into work.
Reply 18
bump
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
bump

Stop bumping you phuckwad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending