The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

So, Who's Starting Bangor in 2011 ?

Scroll to see replies

Ive got a conditional for History, 240 pts. Deffo being my first choice, it looks really good. I just hope that the "nightlife" doesnt turn out a dissapointment. Apart from that, i'm really looking forward to going :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by MissDaniiP
I've got an offer for Chemisty in Bangor 280pts :smile:
But I've also got an offer from Keele I love both unis so I'm not sure which to pick!!!

Hey, which Chemistry course have you applied for in Bangor :smile:
I've applied for the MChem and BSc with European studies (not entirely sure what that entails but, I speak Spanish so it could work out well :tongue:)
Original post by JoshBranton
Ive got a conditional for History, 240 pts. Deffo being my first choice, it looks really good. I just hope that the "nightlife" doesnt turn out a dissapointment. Apart from that, i'm really looking forward to going :smile:

Depends what kind of nightlife you are used to but I have not heard many people complain. The main problem at the moment is the lack of a practical student nightclub but that will hopefully be sorted out soon :smile: Certainly there is plenty of places to go on a night out with regular student nights at the clubs in Bangor.
Yeah i did some more research and i think it will be fine, plenty for me :smile: Thanks for the advice
Reply 24
Its fine, Im not one for going out, theres a couple of decent bars, a spoons, and octagon, and another one called hendre hall thats miles away, free buses to and from all night though...
Yeah i heard about that, is that to replace the SU bars whist the Pontio is being built? I'm used to a small town nightlife so Bangor might even be an improvement :wink:
Reply 26
Same here - not a lot of clubbing goes on in this neck of the woods - it's just bars but nightlife is what you make it.
Reply 27
Anybody who is thinking of going to bangor - Do it.
I'm here, I applied firm through ucas and got rejected because i can spell DUDE with my a levels... I'm a D*ck and didn't put enough effort in in year 13 - I'd been in school too long and whilst it sounds like escapism, it just wasn't stimulating enough for me. I'm lucky - I was accepted through clearing to do a different course, which I'm now happy about.

Part time job wise, I'm lucky. I work for a well known shop fitting stereo's and was lucky enough to get a transfer. Others might not have that there, Not to worry - The only welsh i know is Bore Da! (Hello) and I'm doing alright. :smile:

IF you do get to bangor, Make sure your accomodation is on Ffriddeodd. College road site is pretty shabby, it's where i live - the upside is it's pretty much bang in the center of the town.

If anyone needs to know anything - Give me a shout!
Psychology, got conditional offer of 280 going to be my firm, just need to bump a grade up this year =)
Reply 29
Got an offer of 280 points including GS for Law so it's my firm :smile:
Original post by JoshBranton
Yeah i heard about that, is that to replace the SU bars whist the Pontio is being built?

Basically yes however it has not proved THAT popular due to people having to get a bus etc etc, however they are hoping to convert Robinson Building on Deiniol Road into a clubbing/student venue as well but there were problems with aquiring the planning permission, not sure of the current state of this though.
Ah right nice one :smile: I guess we wait and see, thanks for that
good luck for bangors!
English and law 280 points, just hoping i can knock up my grades a notch :biggrin:
Reply 34
Hey, I've got offers for English Language and Psychology (260points) and for English Language with Media Studies(280points), either of which could be my first, unless I get an offer from Essex. No idea which one to go for. The weird thing is I can't find the one with psychology anywhere apart from ucas, anybody know what's up with that?
Original post by Laurawr_321
Psychology, got conditional offer of 280 going to be my firm, just need to bump a grade up this year =)

Good Choice Bangor has one of the best Schools of Psychology in the country :wink: (coming from an entirely unbiased point of view, even though I work there :tongue:)

Original post by hannmatt92
Basically yes however it has not proved THAT popular due to people having to get a bus etc etc, however they are hoping to convert Robinson Building on Deiniol Road into a clubbing/student venue as well but there were problems with aquiring the planning permission, not sure of the current state of this though.

That's not going to happen. No Money. The Welsh Assembly government are funding Pontio, the university is still poor!
Reply 36
I got a conditional offer of 260 ucas points for accounting and economics...feel pretty excited about it.
Original post by planetconwy1

That's not going to happen. No Money. The Welsh Assembly government are funding Pontio, the university is still poor!

I would of thought it would be done by the university run company which is currently in charge of hendre, anyway would think if they did not have the money they would not of bothered going through the whole rigmorol of aquiring planning permission?
Conditional offer of 260 for Zoology & I must get a B in Biology!! Yay :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by hannmatt92
I would of thought it would be done by the university run company which is currently in charge of hendre, anyway would think if they did not have the money they would not of bothered going through the whole rigmorol of aquiring planning permission?

This future of the SU has been known about for a pretty long time. It was purely a lack of thought and care on the university's part that we find ourselves in the current situation.

Spend more money on the psychology department, disregard everything else. Sigh.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest