can't stand rahs
Reply 21
Rahs
Rahs, everywhere

Original post by Carpediemxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU

best video ever lmao

can't stand rahs

please don't link this sh*t. didn't even smirk once when watching it, and I'm tired of people thinking it is funny because he says gap yah.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kerny
Rahs
Rahs, everywhere

please don't link this sh*t. didn't even smirk once when watching it, and I'm tired of people thinking it is funny because he says gap yah.

Well i imagine the people its meant to imitate won't find it funny

I found it hilarious because it is so true
Original post by Kerny

I have to agree.

I'm so sick of hearing people 'ironically quoting' this in reference to their own gap years.
Reply 24
JJS
OP
Original post by River85
Erm.....yes.

Erm................. no!!! How many rahs do you expect to see if you visit South Bank or Thames Valley?
Reply 25
Original post by JJS
Erm................. no!!! How many rahs do you expect to see if you visit South Bank or Thames Valley?

I actually know a rah (state-educated, not private, but still as close to a rah as I've met from round here) who has a TVU offer and is thinking quite seriously about taking it up :awesome:
Reply 26
Original post by JJS

Well, what's a "rah" for one thing?

Depends on what you mean by "crap unis". But I know that there is still a reasonable intake of privately educated students at Nottingham Trent (one university you mentioned) and certainly Oxford Brookes. Some of these, as well as their state school counterparts, will fit the "rah" stereotype.
Newcastle.
I agree with the OP who said Leeds University. Visted a mate there a few weeks ago and it was very rah!!! all my mates flatemates had attended prestigious public schools and spoke with plummy voices.
The one thing I have learn is that a lot of students on here over emphasis the 'rahness' of their uni in a bid to make it sound more prestigious (cough*** Leeds*** cough**** Exeter***)

Forget peoples opinions on here, if you want to find out which unis have the most private school students, and are most middle class and 'posh', just check the readily available official statistics from HESA. You can also check the leavers destinations on the top public school's websites. All decent unis will have some private school rah types.

According to the HESA data, which is reprinted in the Sunday Times Guide very year, the unis with the lowest state school intake (top 10) are

Oxford
Cambridge
Durham
Bristol
St Andrews
Imperial
UCL
Newcastle
Nottingham
LSE

Apparently the most middle class students (calculated by those with the most students from social classes 1, 2 ,3) are (top 10)

Oxford
Cambridge
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh
Imperial
LSE
Bath
Warwick
Nottingham

Therefore those students saying that Exeter and Leeds are 'full of rahs everywhere' are exaggerating a bit, or perhaps the smaller number of rahs are just more visible and vocal.

And before anyone accuses me of making up the stats as per usual, Im sitting with the sunday times guide next to me, and you can check the hesa website for yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending