The Student Room Group

Which university has a better course in Mathematics and Computer Science?

Which among University Of Manchester and University Of Bristol offers the better course in math and cs(joint course)? If you have any other universities that may offer maths and cs on par with the above two(excluding Edinburgh, UCL, Imperial, and Oxbridge), please tell me about it as well.
For computer science, Manchester is better.
For maths, Bristol is better.

*This is going on 2023 stats for student satisfaction, entry standards, research quality etc.

For other unis, Bath is ranked higher than both unis for both subjects so it is definitely one to consider

Hope that helps
Original post by acelixis
Which among University Of Manchester and University Of Bristol offers the better course in math and cs(joint course)? If you have any other universities that may offer maths and cs on par with the above two(excluding Edinburgh, UCL, Imperial, and Oxbridge), please tell me about it as well.

Bristol probably the better of the two generally for those areas. Warwick would be generally considered to be stronger though.
The differences will be negligible, inevitably the success of student between universities like this are the individual students & there motivations.
Reply 4
Original post by acelixis

For some reason, Manchester has the highest A-level grades requirements of all for any programme that involves Computer Science. They requirement is A*A*A* - higher than Imperial, UCL or Oxbridge requirements, so Manchester is not suitable if you look for an insurance choice.
Reply 5
Original post by blluefish
For some reason, Manchester has the highest A-level grades requirements of all for any programme that involves Computer Science. They requirement is A*A*A* - higher than Imperial, UCL or Oxbridge requirements, so Manchester is not suitable if you look for an insurance choice.

Damn, thanks for bringing this to my attention. That requirement is really weird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending