The Student Room Group

Sixth form in Henrietta Barnett

So recently, I got a conditional offer from Henrietta Barnett Grammar School and my offer was really high I need a total point score of 61 or above for my top 7 subjects. Grade 9 is 9 points and grade 8 is 8 points and so on. I live in south London and therefore the move would be really big and a life changer. My question, therefore, is if the school is worth it. For university admissions (engineering) in Oxbridge and other unis, do the students receive adequate help for the entrance tests? If you are applying/ already applied for engineering how is/did Henrietta Barnett help?
i go to hbs im assuming youre taking maths further maths and physics at least right bc of engineering ? From what ive heard there is little help given for entrance tests. however there are always people to ask but at the moment the school does not do much to help each student individually its more advice given generally HOWEVER that may change because we've got a new headteacher this year and shes changing a lot of stuff.
Original post by BeachBionicX
So recently, I got a conditional offer from Henrietta Barnett Grammar School and my offer was really high I need a total point score of 61 or above for my top 7 subjects. Grade 9 is 9 points and grade 8 is 8 points and so on. I live in south London and therefore the move would be really big and a life changer. My question, therefore, is if the school is worth it. For university admissions (engineering) in Oxbridge and other unis, do the students receive adequate help for the entrance tests? If you are applying/ already applied for engineering how is/did Henrietta Barnett help?

I'm in this position at HBS. I recommend you to really not come to the sixth form. Predictions are low most of the time. You get 0 help with anything unless a teacher goes out of their way. The good thing is the fellow students, but I can assure you the grades (which have fallen) are a result of hard work, pressured environment and tutors that most people feel obligated to get! Consider other sixth forms like Woodhouse. Many of my friends and I have had such a negative experience here in the sixth form - a shame since we look back at our lower school experience fondly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending