The Student Room Group

I want to resit one of my A-level

Hi everyone, I wanted to resit one of my A-levels this year and I want to know which Russell's group universities accept A-level resit. I want to study ecology or environmental science
Reply 1
Original post by cupcakeshrek
Hi everyone, I wanted to resit one of my A-levels this year and I want to know which Russell's group universities accept A-level resit. I want to study ecology or environmental science

Almost all universities accept applicants who resat their exams, including Oxbridge. To my knowledge, the universities will be aware that you resat your exams but it really won't affect your application. :smile:

Don't fall for the Russell Group hype. If you do you'll be excluding unis that have stong environmental science and ecology courses, such as Lancaster Uni.
(Original post by cupcakeshrek)Hi everyone, I wanted to resit one of my A-levels this year and I want to know which Russell's group universities accept A-level resit. I want to study ecology or environmental science

Nearly all, most probably all, universities accept resits. Dont be fooled by Russell Groups marketing policies. There are universities outside the RG every bit as good as and in some cases better than RG universities,
Reply 4

I'm currently resitting 2 subjects + have offers from kings college, SOAS, and Warwick and waiting on 2 Russells.
Reply 5
Original post by m1212m
I'm currently resitting 2 subjects + have offers from kings college, SOAS, and Warwick and waiting on 2 Russells.

Would you know if Warwick, LSE, Kings, UCL accept applicants for all courses (eg PPE) with A level resits?
Reply 6
You will need to email each Uni and ask - most will be okay with this, but not all so do not just 'assume'.

Btw, applying to a mega-competitive subject like PPE at that many London Unis is not a great idea - they get thousands of applications for this sort of course and reject many people despite them meeting/exceeding the entry requirements. You could end up with 5 rejections very easily. Always include several out-of-London Unis - York, Manchester, Exeter, Durham, Sussex etc.
Reply 7
I have an offer from Warwick for Politics & IS and my friend who is also resitting got an offer for PPE - so Warwick has no issues w resits - I also have an offer from KCL which I firmed- unfortunately, I was rejected from LSE for being a resit and not achieving the best of grades beforehand- so I would keep that in mind
Original post by tests
Would you know if Warwick, LSE, Kings, UCL accept applicants for all courses (eg PPE) with A level resits?
Reply 8
Original post by m1212m
I have an offer from Warwick for Politics & IS and my friend who is also resitting got an offer for PPE - so Warwick has no issues w resits - I also have an offer from KCL which I firmed- unfortunately, I was rejected from LSE for being a resit and not achieving the best of grades beforehand- so I would keep that in mind
Hi, I want to resit 2 of my a levels for the ppe course. Did your friend resit all her a levels or just 1 or 2. I'm worried about not retaking all a levels in one sitting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending