The Student Room Group

industrial placement interview - exam clash - august resit

Ok... where to begin. Basically a week or so ago I got invited to the assessment centre for an industrial placement (I apply as much as I can - in the science sector). This was my first invitation and I had only submitted a CV and CL to them so I was pretty surprised. However, I couldnt attend because they were not covering the costs and I couldnt afford the travel (it was alot like (150+) andd it was looking complicated to get to the site so I decided not too and I was very upset. I soon after received another invitation so I was like... ok slay... no longer upset. But... it was on the day of an exam (worth 25% of my module mark). But i asked my APT about it and he said meh it should be fine its an online MCQ the leader can just have u do it. the next day. I email my module manager he says no... but he copies in my APT and asks for advice. my apt gets back to me an hour later and says he convinced him to let me do it the day after my interview. hip hip hooray. i book the tickets and confirm my place. next morning... the module manager emails me and says... lol jk u cant do it on that date the uni says no and that I'd have to do it in the august resit period.... ha.... ha.... so i cry and cry since ive already paid for all for the hotel and train. I think i did jump the gun a bit on buying the tickets but oh well cant dwell on that.

can I do an industrial placement like in july they usually start (sometimes earlier sometimes later) if I have an exam I still have to do... or do I like have to have passed??? this sucks so bad.
Reply 1
Original post by sutdent123456
so i cry and cry since ive already paid for all for the hotel and train. I think i did jump the gun a bit on buying the tickets but oh well cant dwell on that.

You could check to see if you can get a refund on the train tickets. You can't get a refund on Advance tickets (though you can change the date/time). Anytime/Off-Peak/Super Off-Peak tickets can be changed or refunded. You might need to pay an admin fee of up to £10.

can I do an industrial placement like in july they usually start (sometimes earlier sometimes later) if I have an exam I still have to do... or do I like have to have passed??? this sucks so bad.

If you have an exam on the day of the interview, can you not just explain this to the company and ask for the interview to be rearranged?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending