The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Hey there,

Just wanted to create a thread where people firming Leicester can get to know one another in preparation for going! It'd be cool to share questions and thoughts, I thought!
:colondollar:

Me? I'm doing Psychology 2011, nice to meet you all! :colone:

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have been offered a place to study Computing. However, I don't know my offer conditions yet; as long as they aren't crazy Leicester is going to be my firm.

I'm a 'mature' student @ 24..... well 25 by the time 2011 comes around, are there any other slightly older students hoping to go to Leicester next year?

I am now thinking carefully about whether I want to live in halls or stop at 'home' and commute......50 mile round trip each day could be a pain but is 25 too old to be in student halls?
(edited 13 years ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
25 doesn't sound too old to me? Maybe you could rent a small studio flat??
Reply 3
Original post by BigV
I have been offered a place to study Computing. However, I don't know my offer conditions yet; as long as they aren't crazy Leicester is going to be my firm.

I'm a 'mature' student @ 24..... well 25 by the time 2011 comes around, are there any other slightly older students hoping to go to Leicester next year?

I am now thinking carefully about whether I want to live in halls or stop at 'home' and commute......50 mile round trip each day could be a pain but is 25 too old to be in student halls?

you should be fine if you opt for halls, i know someone who is 35 who lives in halls, all his house mates get on well with him, helps if you can act like your 18 some of the time, otherwise a lot of mature students go for nixon court or opal court, your still with other students but it has less of a freshers feel
Reply 4
I'm definitely firming Leicester! I absolutely loved it and was so happy when I got my offer :smile:
I've applied for Psychology with Sociology :smile:
Reply 5
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah - Firming for Electrical and Electronic Engineering :smile:
Might be firming Leicester depending on how my interview (and other applications) goes

Quite looking forward to looking around the department there.
Reply 7
Original post by rrreb
I'm definitely firming Leicester! I absolutely loved it and was so happy when I got my offer :smile:

See you there! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by rrreb

hiya i really wanna go Leicester uni & have applied 2 psychology and sociology as well!!!
i was wonderin what grades u were offered???:colondollar:
Reply 9
Firming for definite, got an offer for Software and Electronic Engineering :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by RachTea
Firming for definite, got an offer for Software and Electronic Engineering :biggrin:

Awesome, congrats :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by grape:)
Awesome, congrats :biggrin:

Thankyou :biggrin: My heart was racing when I logged onto UCAS, I need to go there haha. It's the uni for me :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by RachTea
Thankyou :biggrin: My heart was racing when I logged onto UCAS, I need to go there haha. It's the uni for me :smile:

Me too! I'm so thrilled for us! Have you decided which accommodation you'll be applying for yet? :biggrin: x
Reply 13
Me too! I'm so thrilled for us! Have you decided which accommodation you'll be applying for yet? :biggrin: x

John Fosters :biggrin:, self catered though. I've heard the catering isnt the best haha.
Reply 14
Original post by RachTea
John Fosters :biggrin:, self catered though. I've heard the catering isnt the best haha.

Haha, awesome, I'll be going for either GSM, Bowder Court or John Fosters, all self catered (for the same reasons as you!). I hope to see you there! :party: *thrilled*
Reply 15
Haha, awesome, I'll be going for either GSM, Bowder Court or John Fosters, all self catered (for the same reasons as you!). I hope to see you there! :party: *thrilled*

You too, and congrats again for your offer as well. Woo! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 16
Friend is at Leicester and most of the accomdation is actually catered.
Reply 17
Original post by BigV

From personal experience you may need to put up with teenagers staying up late and making noise when you want to sleep! You have to remember that its their first time away from the parents so they tend to go mad and have little consideration for others. That said there will probably be one or two other matures who you will have more in common with. Cost and time wise the Uni accommodation would be better but be aware of the noise potential.
I'm firming it for Economics and Management - offer ABB, fo'sure!

Loved it on open day. Literally loved it.

John Fosters looks probable accommodation - although, i'm going to visit and have a proper look around the accommodation again before deciding!
Reply 19
John Fosters is really nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending