The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

forgive me if there's already a thread for this but i thought i'd make one :biggrin:
i am a virgin festival-goer and thought seeing as this is the last opportunity to see my friends i'd go in summer. so could anyone just briefly tell me how much tickets & camping are? also how good is it in comparison with other festivals? whether the atmosphere is good etc etc etc :biggrin:

thaaanks

Scroll to see replies

Tickets are just under £200 if you go for the whole weekend, around £180 I think.
I haven't been to any other festivals so I can't compare.
The atmosphere is awesome and I had the best time. One of the best weekends of my life!
Reply 2
The Strokes, MCR and Muse are headlining, so its a safe line up this year.
Like mentioned tickets are usually around £200ish, but Melvin did mention they might be rising...

I've not been to Reading but i've been to Leeds and its a brilliant festival set up, so i imagine its the same at reading. Although i heard at Reading they have no night entertainment? Where as at Leeds they have the Relentless Tent and Picadilly Circus...

Worth it though.
Reply 3
Original post by Swell
The Strokes, MCR and Muse are headlining, so its a safe line up this year.
Like mentioned tickets are usually around £200ish, but Melvin did mention they might be rising...

I've not been to Reading but i've been to Leeds and its a brilliant festival set up, so i imagine its the same at reading. Although i heard at Reading they have no night entertainment? Where as at Leeds they have the Relentless Tent and Picadilly Circus...

Worth it though.

Only rumors until officially announced next Monday. Rumors have been wrong in the past...

'strictlyreading' on Twitter has heard £195 for the price, excluding early bird and booking fees, but again, don't know for certain until officially announced.
And there certainly is night time entertainment at Reading...though how much compared to Leeds I don't know, but Reading last year had a silent disco, cinema, Action Aid tent and the Alternative tent in the arena went on until 3am each night.
Reply 4
Original post by hobo06
Only rumors until officially announced next Monday. Rumors have been wrong in the past...

Fair enough, lets put it this way... I'd put money on them three headlining.
Reply 5
They're £192 + booking fees

Reading is incredible! Well worth the money, although they are starting to take the piss a bit with the amount it goes up every year, I know this year it has something to do VAT, but it would of gone up regardless.
But yeah, one of the highlights of my year every year. This will be my 3rd year :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Cll_ws
They're £192 + booking fees

Reading is incredible! Well worth the money, although they are starting to take the piss a bit with the amount it goes up every year, I know this year it has something to do VAT, but it would of gone up regardless.
But yeah, one of the highlights of my year every year. This will be my 3rd year :smile:

Yeh VAT is just an excuse...Download haven't raised their prices this year, not even to account for the VAT rise, and that probably won't even sell out. Reading and Leeds are 99% certain to sell out, they could bump up it by £50 and it still would. It's ridiculous.
Reading is great! I'm going to T in the park this year rather than Reading (because my friends are all going to TitP) but I'm going to hopefully volunteer at Reading this year so will still get to go =D
Tried to get tickets in 2008 but bought them off a ticket tout (learnt the hard way - just keep trying with seetickets for the months after if you're unlucky before), been to Reading in 2009 and 2010 but volunteering with Oxfam at Leeds fest this year. :smile:

The guy who's got the headliners right from a *source* for the past few years said the ones that have been mentioned in this thread.

So I hope I get some good shifts!

Any Leeds festival specific tips? (for someone who's been to Reading but never been to Leeds)
Reply 9
Hello fellow Leed fest friends! Patron from 2008 personally!

Very excited for the announcements - Muse is apparently main staging, and even though I don't really like main stage because I prefer tents - but still, very very excited!

Original post by Melting Sugar.
Any Leeds festival specific tips? (for someone who's been to Reading but never been to Leeds)

It's better than Reading. :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Beska
Hello fellow Leed fest friends! Patron from 2008 personally!

Very excited for the announcements - Muse is apparently main staging, and even though I don't really like main stage because I prefer tents - but still, very very excited!

It's better than Reading. :colone:

So i've heard :u: Plus it's only an hour and a half train ride away from me compared to an 8 hour coach. Apparently Leeds have a longer license so they have other entertainment going on after the music stops?
Excccitteddd :biggrin: getting my ticket tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 12
So i've heard :u: Plus it's only an hour and a half train ride away from me compared to an 8 hour coach. Apparently Leeds have a longer license so they have other entertainment going on after the music stops?

Oh aye, there are about 7 DJ Tents/Stages dotted around the campsites. You won't stuck for anything to do, and they go ontill around 6ish.
Reply 13
Got my weekend ticket with Vodafone the other day, with booking fees it was £199.50.
Original post by lozz2601
Excccitteddd :biggrin: getting my ticket tomorrow :biggrin:

I'm being a traitor and going to Leeds this year! :frown:
I'm being a traitor and going to Leeds this year! :frown:

say what.
i'm so disappointed in you right now....

Spoiler

I'm driving to Reading for the first time this year. Got train + coaches before. Any tips for driving? Hard to find the carpark or lots of traffic or anything?
Reply 17
So I want to go to Reading Festival this year but not actually been to one before so can anyone give me any advice on getting the tickets. This is also so I can hopefully maximise the chances of all my friends getting tickets too.

What are the chances of getting tickets?

How quickly do they sell out?

Are there any tricks to getting the tickets such as multiple windows open or multiple browsers to make sure you get to the front of the queue?

Also are there certain areas you have to chose for camping or does a ticket allow you to camp anywhere?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 18
Bump
A ticket allows you to camp anywhere.
That's all I can really help with - I don't usually have to fight for tickets because I live there. All I can say is that I know they go pretty damn fast and multiple browers might not hurt.
If you don't get one off the official site MAKE SURE wherever you try to buy one from after is official - there are so many frauds out there now. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest