The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

May I ask, how do reading and Leeds manage to have the same line up?

Also, Titp looks much better, yay :smile:
Original post by Ben F
Sorry if this question has been asked before - please accept this early lineup announcement of Muse, Red hot Chilis and The Strokes as my apology! (one of my friends' dads works pretty high up at V festival and he found out the leeds lineup early last year and it turned out to be right, so I'm pretty sure this one is correct aswell:biggrin: )

LOL fail.

Muse and The Strokes were inevitable but RHCP were way off tbh.

Have a word :teehee:, messing but in all seriousness I knew MCR were destined to be announced as a headliner. FML.
Reply 242
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
May I ask, how do reading and Leeds manage to have the same line up?

Also, Titp looks much better, yay :smile:

They do it on different days. Reading's fri will be Leed's sat, etc.
I know this is a bit off topic and I apologise but can some please explain to me please how viagogo works?
Reply 244
Original post by *Emerlina*
Thank-you for all your replies everyone!! :smile: ily_em and Kreuzuerk, and other lovely people out there who quoted me :smile: just wondering.... yet another question but this will be the last one haha. I read just now that apparently we have to camp in the Hotbox area in Leeds, so I arranged with my friends to see if we could all try and do early shifts and things to try and get it out of the way? Dont know if this will work though, as this is obviously everyone else's idea aha. Just have to put my name down quickly as poss haha. So say you're literally going on your own volunteering, is it quite a close, friendly atmosphere so you can get to know people and everyone you're working with for most shifts then? Because it will most likely just be me in Hotbox and everyone else for Oxfam. How did you find the Oxfam one, ily_em? I know you went with friends, but as in for your friend with the Hotbox events one (ha, we could almost be the same person!) would it just be a case of getting the shifts over and done with and finding some camping site buddy type people and going off with my friends when we're all free?

It's mainly down to you to get the shifts, as I said it's hard to change them at Oxfam as your friends will need to find people to swap with and you can't pick specific shift times - they come in blocks eg me and my friends were allocated Friday 8am-4pm, Saturday 4pm-12am and Sunday 8am-4pm. If I'd wanted to swap I would have had to have found somebody who wanted to take ALL of those shifts and I would take all three of theirs, so there's not that much freedom. I THINK with Hotbox my friend had more choice of shifts though so it might be ok for you.

Yeh you'll get to know people :smile: I went with 10 other people so didn't interact much with others, but there were loads of people who went on their own and made friends really easily with people they were working with etc. I don't think I can use my Hotbox person as an example though, he's not the most social of types so stayed on his own a lot lol. But if you want to find people to hang around with, you will. :smile:
Reply 245
Original post by the_alybot
I know this is a bit off topic and I apologise but can some please explain to me please how viagogo works?

As far as i know, people who don't want to go put their tickets up, viagogo steal lots of your money and the other person gets the ticket at an overly inflated price. A bit like ebay except for the fact you'll defo get your ticket, well that's what they say.
Reply 246
I really like the lineup

Rise against, madness, The vaccines, Frank Turner, Interpol, Shikari :biggrin:

Just need a good lock-up stage now...
Reply 247
Original post by Nayberay
LOL fail.

Muse and The Strokes were inevitable but RHCP were way off tbh.

Have a word :teehee:, messing but in all seriousness I knew MCR were destined to be announced as a headliner. FML.

I know! I had a feeling it was too good to be true lmao, but yeah I've ****ing no idea why MCR are coming. Usually I'm against people who don't like a band but see them just so they can boo them etc. But I'm really considering bottling the hell out of them, so that the festival organiser can see that we never want to see those bunch of emos again!:mad:

Still, lineup looks alright atm - pretty pumped about Offspring, they're like my early teen band that got me into rock and stuff:smile: and Deftones should be awesome too! Let's hope the good bands don't stop tonight though!
The XX and Everything Everything are a huge plus
Original post by lukejoshjedi

??
Original post by lozz2601
??

Ahh saw a fake poster... damn :/ they'd have been great there
TITP genuinely does look better...

Might have to go to Oxegen...
Ah, just seen Cage the Elephant :u:.
Reply 253
is that peter doherty as in pete doherty of libertines and babyshambles?

and i dont think its that bad, no where near as good as if all the rumours were true but still not bad...
got me leeds ticket, bring on muse!!!
Original post by lukejoshjedi

I don't see the XX anywhere?

Forgive me if they are there i'm tired but lol I can't see them on the poster..
Original post by lozz2601
Then my whole point about people saying it's rubbish cos they haven't bothered to listen isn't about you :smile: If it's an educated slate then it's fair enough!

No, I'm getting that vibe :\ I do think they should try and keep some metal/heavier rock in the line up really....

yeah, where thou art thy metal!? :colone: the lock-up will hopefully appease me, I'm still excited regardless of the less than ideal lineup (for me, I understand most people love it :tongue:)
Original post by Mally-xo
yeah, where thou art thy metal!? :colone: the lock-up will hopefully appease me, I'm still excited regardless of the less than ideal lineup (for me, I understand most people love it :tongue:)

Yeah I'd be a bit hacked if I'd been looking for metal I think, there's basics nothing!

haha tbh I think people who like it are slightly minority!

Just go round looking at random bands, that's what I do when I don't like anything on for a bit :biggrin:
What page is the lineup on?
Reply 259
Original post by mikeylfc1989
What page is the lineup on?

www.leedsfestival.com

Quick Reply

Latest