The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ollymo
As far as i know, people who don't want to go put their tickets up, viagogo steal lots of your money and the other person gets the ticket at an overly inflated price. A bit like ebay except for the fact you'll defo get your ticket, well that's what they say.

So I've got myself in a bit of a dilemma, you have to put a conservative date by which you should get the ticket to the buyer by and I chose the 11th of August and being a virgin festival goer I had no idea that the promoters sent the tickets out about a week before the event and if you don't get the ticket to the buyer by that date then viagogo deduct a certain amount of money from your bank account to buy that person another one! AAARRRGGGHHHH WHAT DO I DO?!?! I've tried ringing and emailing and noone is getting back to me D:
So hope that Lethal Bizzle plays on the NME stage at some point this year. Was incredible in '09. Also, to whoever is trying to make money on tickets, early entry's should've been bought as prices can inflate from the £15 face value to £50 or over.
Original post by ily_em
It's mainly down to you to get the shifts, as I said it's hard to change them at Oxfam as your friends will need to find people to swap with and you can't pick specific shift times - they come in blocks eg me and my friends were allocated Friday 8am-4pm, Saturday 4pm-12am and Sunday 8am-4pm. If I'd wanted to swap I would have had to have found somebody who wanted to take ALL of those shifts and I would take all three of theirs, so there's not that much freedom. I THINK with Hotbox my friend had more choice of shifts though so it might be ok for you.QUOTE]

Thanks again by the way, would you happen to know at all if Leeds steward applications re-opened again last year? As in so if they had anyone dropping out, they could get more volunteers? I'm hoping and praying for that now in case it might happen, but the waiting list on the website is down so I can't put my name down yet I've applied to be a campaigner though, do you know at all if the campaigners get to be in the same caping area as the stewards please? Did you see any last year? It looks a bit more difficult than the steward app though, so I'm not hopeful. I'll just cross my fingers for that, and then hope like hell that apps re-open for stewards aha. Thank-you for your help though, hope I haven't annoyed anyone too much with my constant questions! :rolleyes:
I'm one of the few who seems to think the line-up's great. I love rock and indie so Reading always seems to get it right. Funny that this is the first year I'm going!
You've got to remember there's around 7 stages in total, and they've only announced 4 and even those aren't the full line up.
Plus it's my final year at college, so I think it's a perfect way to spend a weekend. Whether my a levels come back good or bad or terrible, there's always Reading to look forward to :smile:
Reply 384
where would I get just an early bird ticket?
Reply 386
Original post by boba
oh but thats reading :frown: I cant seem to find any for leeds

have you looked lol http://www.seetickets.com/Event/LEEDS-FESTIVAL-2011-WEEKEND-TICKETS/Bramham-Park/547371
Reply 388

oh thank you!. I feel so stupid now
Reply 389
The lineup is not a patch on 2010, im still going becasue the whole weekend is so fun and there are some amazing bands on just not as many as last year.

Stop hating on MCR, "three cheers for sweet revenge" is a great albulm, fair enough after that they sold out big time, but seeing TYFTV live is gunna be rad !

Also i really dont like muse, but ive got a feeling their set is going to be insane.

My eye is on madness or pulp to kill it and be the surprise hit of the festival, like Weezer last year, who absoutly killed their set and left everyone amazed.
Reply 390
When is the rest of the line-up announced?

Soo excited!!! :biggrin:
Reply 391
Original post by rainbow drops
lolno. I've been going for years so I'm not jealous, I genuinely think it's a bad lineup :biggrin:

Yeah but it could be worse.. tbh I'm only bothered about Muse and Pulp.. But I've seen the majority of the other bands before.
Reply 392
Original post by Jono300
When is the rest of the line-up announced?

Soo excited!!! :biggrin:

They'll start slowly trickling out new bands to be added to the poster between now and summer. :smile:
Tickets are stillll selling... this is mad!
Reply 394
Original post by ChrisBan
Tickets are stillll selling... this is mad!

Half the fun of the festival is the mad rush to buy tickets.... :p:
Original post by Beska
Half the fun of the festival is the mad rush to buy tickets.... :p:

So we're only going to have half the fun? :sad:
Reply 396
Original post by Doughnuts!!
So we're only going to have half the fun? :sad:

Depends how insane the Sunday night is. It was pretty tame last year... but if it's mad this year, it might make up for it. :p:
Original post by Beska
Depends how insane the Sunday night is. It was pretty tame last year... but if it's mad this year, it might make up for it. :p:

You mean as mad as 09 sunday night?
Reply 398
Original post by clo-clo1
You mean as mad as 09 sunday night?

Yup.

It was like bloomin' Iraq that night, I tell ya!
Original post by Beska
Yup.

It was like bloomin' Iraq that night, I tell ya!

there were points where I feared for my life....

Quick Reply

Latest