The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

So, Who's Starting Bangor in 2011 ?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to be living in Halls in September?

I'm starting then. Hopefully Got a Conditional for BA(Hons) Criminology & Criminal Justice
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by BabyGirl92
I don't think it's the quietest! Have you heard of Lampeter University lol?

Oh where abouts do you live? I'm about 10 miles away. Definitely wants halls though! Don't think I'd cope if I had to live at home full-time after being away from home this year. And there's nothing like a good old halls party :smile:

That's true, but Lampeter don't do Psychology (yea, I'd already looked xD) :P

SW London, so it's going to be quite a journey.. especially since, unfortunately, my girlfriend is only tossing up between Exeter and Sussex.. 7-hour train journey to Exeter from Bangor.. yay.. >.> I wouldn't really want to go to a Uni very close to home though.. I know I need to get alot more independent than I am. :colondollar:

Yea, I'll definitely be in halls, although I've never been away from home (holidays excepted) for a long period before, eek! Very nervous, but excited all the same :smile:

Original post by rawrritsholli

I'm starting then. Hopefully Got a Conditional for BA(Hons) Criminology & Criminal Justice

Sure will be :smile:
Reply 102

Meeeee (hopefully).
Reply 103
Heyy!

I've chosen Bangor as my two choices, i love it there! I'm going to study Criminology and Criminal Justice or Law and Criminology:biggrin:

Freshers Week 2011?:wink:
Reply 104

Mee, I got an offer for Accounting and Economics. I went Bangor yesterday and checked out the halls, its nice, clean and modern.
[QUOTE="bubble99;30619986"]

Mee, I got an offer for Accounting and Economics. I went Bangor yesterday and checked out the halls, its nice, clean and modern.

Which halls did you see?
I deffo know I wanna go in the Friddoedd Site newest ones. But there's like 10 or so to choose from lol. Don't know whether it would be better to go in a big one which has like 156 rooms or a small one which has 48.... :/
Reply 106
[QUOTE="BabyGirl92;30624092"]
Original post by bubble99

Which halls did you see?
I deffo know I wanna go in the Friddoedd Site newest ones. But there's like 10 or so to choose from lol. Don't know whether it would be better to go in a big one which has like 156 rooms or a small one which has 48.... :/

I saw the newest ones on the Friddoedd site, they were only built like 2-3 years ago. I'm leaning towards the big one.
[QUOTE="BabyGirl92;30624092"]
Original post by bubble99

Which halls did you see?

I'll be going into the Ffriddoedd new build halls but i'm not sure which one yet

Original post by stephieex
Heyy!

I've chosen Bangor as my two choices, i love it there! I'm going to study Criminology and Criminal Justice or Law and Criminology:biggrin:

Freshers Week 2011?:wink:

Heyy you're on the same course as me :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by detachables
Lately I have been more inclined to put Bangor as my firm but I haven't actually been to look at the university yet so hopefully seeing the Bangor campus at one of the open days next year will sway me :wink:.

Congrats on the unconditional :smile:.

Yeahh, Bangor is awesome! Course is fab, the area is really pretty and the uni is great too :') Can't wait to start!!
Reply 109
Hi all!

I have a place doing Sports Sci & Outdoor Activities starting in 2011, but I hate going to places where I don't know anyone!

Talk to me :biggrin:
Original post by DaElf
That's true, but Lampeter don't do Psychology (yea, I'd already looked xD) :P

SW London, so it's going to be quite a journey.. especially since, unfortunately, my girlfriend is only tossing up between Exeter and Sussex.. 7-hour train journey to Exeter from Bangor.. yay.. >.> I wouldn't really want to go to a Uni very close to home though.. I know I need to get alot more independent than I am. :colondollar:

Yea, I'll definitely be in halls, although I've never been away from home (holidays excepted) for a long period before, eek! Very nervous, but excited all the same :smile:

Sure will be :smile:

Did you go to an applicant day by any chance? I couldn't go because I was working and because I applied late and was away in uni so didn't get the letter until the day before it! And the open day I went to was in year 12 so nearly 2 years ago.. I'm gonna go to the one on the 3rd July or whenever it is though to remind me what it was like :smile:

Ohh and Bangor to London isn't that bad on the train.. it's like 2 and a half hours or so to Euston I think. It's good living away from home. It's gonna be so weird for me living so close yet not at home lol x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 111
Did you go to an applicant day by any chance? I couldn't go because I was working and because I applied late and was away in uni so didn't get the letter until the day before it! And the open day I went to was in year 12 so nearly 2 years ago.. I'm gonna go to the one on the 3rd July or whenever it is though to remind me what it was like :smile:

Ohh and Bangor to London isn't that bad on the train.. it's like 2 and a half hours or so to Euston I think. It's good living away from home. It's gonna be so weird for me living so close yet not at home lol x

I did, 2, in fact! :colondollar: I'm sure not much will have changed much, but it'll definitely be good to remind yourself of it :smile:

I think it's about 4 and a quarter hours to home for me (the wrong side of London :P). I'm fairly apprehensive to be honest; I've never been particularly independent so it's gonna be a bit of a shock all at once! Haha, yea :P
Original post by DaElf
I did, 2, in fact! :colondollar: I'm sure not much will have changed much, but it'll definitely be good to remind yourself of it :smile:

I think it's about 4 and a quarter hours to home for me (the wrong side of London :P). I'm fairly apprehensive to be honest; I've never been particularly independent so it's gonna be a bit of a shock all at once! Haha, yea :P

When I was in year 12 I was adamant I would not stay in Bangor for uni! I did really like it and it seemed really good but you know what you're like when you're 16 really stubborn lol. But now I've realised how much of a good psychology school it is way better than jmu. And deep down I really love Bangor too :smile:
Reply 113
When I was in year 12 I was adamant I would not stay in Bangor for uni! I did really like it and it seemed really good but you know what you're like when you're 16 really stubborn lol. But now I've realised how much of a good psychology school it is way better than jmu. And deep down I really love Bangor too :smile:

It's certainly a lovely place and has a great Psychology department! :smile: Can't wait to go there to be honest :biggrin:
I'm going :smile: I got a scholarship to study Linguistics:biggrin:
Reply 115
Got a conditional offer to study Computer Science :biggrin: still need to accept it but I'm still stuck between choosing either Bangor or Chester atm :frown: open days on the 5th of May so I should hopefully be able to decide by then :P
Reply 116
Original post by KylePx
Got a conditional offer to study Computer Science :biggrin: still need to accept it but I'm still stuck between choosing either Bangor or Chester atm :frown: open days on the 5th of May so I should hopefully be able to decide by then :P

Congrats on the conditional offer. Make sure you choose wisely though - the computer science 'department' here is pretty lacking. It feels like more of a tacked on subject to bring students in than it does an actual department.

I believe there's only around 35 pure computer science students here and most if not all of the modules are shared with other degrees, mainly engineering and I.T.

If you have any interest in the subject you'll likely be disappointed with the module content which doesn't really seem to adhere to the descriptions on the site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
I am starting at Bangor in September :biggrin: :biggrin: Studying Criminology & Criminal Justice!! Bring on freshers week everyone :smile:
Reply 118
Hi guys & girlies...

I'm starting Bangor this September to study Modern History... CANNOT wait!!

I'm 22 so i'll feel like a bit of an oldie... however I'm sure I'll keep up with you all when it comes to partying :biggrin: hehe...
Just make sure you all join the canoe club :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest