The Student Room Group

What REALLY happened in Trafalgar square

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Toon Fan
How can these violent "protesters" seriously believe that the majority of people will support their campaign if they go around smashing up buildings and throwing stuff at the police. Then you complain about being arrested !!!!!!

We don't need the majority on our side, less than half can bring down a government.
Reply 61
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Hypocritical people doing hypocritical things due to anger at their own horrific hypocrisy.

I challenge any protester to give a rational explanation for why they shouldnt face the consequences of their actions.

I had friends who were (for a hen party) having tea in F&M when the protesters arrived - 2 were unable to reach the main group, who in turn were unable to leave. Day ruined.

If the F&M protesters were so peaceful, why were they wearing full face coverings (a la the teenage "anarchists" that always throng to violent discontent in this country)

Cos we all know that hen parties are completely responsible social gatherings which never lead to any violence or disorder of any kind.
Reply 62
Original post by garethDT
We don't need the majority on our side, less than half can bring down a government.

By your point about "we dont need a majority" surely your just as bad as the many dictators who used the same arguement to prop up their governments, just because they controlled the Army ???
Reply 63
By your point about "we dont need a majority" surely your just as bad as the many dictators who used the same arguement to prop up their governments, just because they controlled the Army ???

I missed the bit about me taking over the country in a military coup and ruling over you as a despot:eek:
Reply 64

If that day ever comes, I'l either be there to oppose you, with a snooker ball in a sock, or robbing your house, if I'm paying for your damges, you should compensate me with your posessions :cool:

Then I'l watch you cry to the police and government for justice against me, after hating them.
Reply 65
Original post by Bosch
If that day ever comes, I'l either be there to oppose you, with a snooker ball in a sock, or robbing your house, if I'm paying for your damges, you should compensate me with your posessions :cool:

Then I'l watch you cry to the police and government for justice against me, after hating them.

David Cameron loves you and cares for you deeply.
Reply 66
David Cameron loves you and cares for you deeply.

Not likely, I vote UKIP every election, you just don't have anything else to say
Reply 67
Original post by Will Lucky
That right there is downright offensive. These people are having there jobs, wages and pensions ect cut and they still do there jobs protecting the people of this country. And you dare say that? How dare you attack them like that for doing there jobs.

Ignore him. He probably follows the facade because it's cool to hate 'pigs', simply because a few ruin the reputation for the remaining.
Reply 68
Original post by Bosch
Not likely, I vote UKIP every election, you just don't have anything else to say

Strange then that you should be prepared to violently attack people in the defence of the coalition government then.
Reply 69
Strange then that you should be prepared to violently attack people in the defence of the coalition government then.

Im going to be on the defensive, standing up for the police who are just doing thier jobs, whilst the protesters were damaging public property, also I agree with the cuts, I don't really have any strong feelings on the coalition government, but thier better than no government. Violently attack? The protesters have been using weapons, shouldn't I be able too aswell?

Oh, and by all means tell me it's the "Media and corporations" lying to me, you seem to say this a lot, please explain?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
The fact that this so called 'alternative media blogger' has named the police operation 'The Battle of Trafalgar Square' should tell you a little something about his beliefs and radicalism before you even read the toss that consists of 90% of that blog.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Bosch
Im going to be on the defensive, standing up for the police who are just doing thier jobs, whilst the protesters were damaging public property, also I agree with the cuts, I don't really have any strong feelings on the coalition government, but thier better than no government. Violently attack? The protesters have been using weapons, shouldn't I be able too aswell?

Oh, and by all means tell me it's the "Media and corporations" lying to me, you seem to say this a lot, please explain?

you're a narrow minded morron. I'm not going to waste my time on you.
Reply 72
you're a narrow minded morron. I'm not going to waste my time on you.

Does this not show how weak and empty your childish arguements are? You have NOTHING to say
Reply 73
Original post by Bosch
Does this not show how weak and empty your childish arguements are? You have NOTHING to say

You're the one who started saying you were going to put a snooker ball in your sock:rolleyes:
Reply 74
You're the one who started saying you were going to put a snooker ball in your sock:rolleyes:

Weighted objects in a sock? Please tell me you've heard of that....
Reply 75
I missed the bit about me taking over the country in a military coup and ruling over you as a despot:eek:

oh i got that impression, by you supporting violent action taking over the government, nothing about the military.
Do you like living in a country where the only voice ordinary people have in how the country is run is to shuffle along nicely and clap Ed Miliband?

Yes but there is a fundamental problem... "Ordinary people" don't know how to run a government or an economy.

If they were to get their way and the government were to stop the cuts then in a few years time we would have to face MUCH larger cuts. The country is in a massive deficit and we need to act now.

These idiots protesting in London are only slowing the economy from recovering. The damages they are causing is going to cost the government even more.

Also, it irritates me how people jump straight to the 'oh its the banks fault!' arguament.
The fault lies with all those people who took out massive loans that they couldn't pay back.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if half of the people protesting were in debt to somebody.

I wonder what they would do if a group of people came into their house, smashed their items and demanded that they stop paying back their debt. Not only would they have to pay for the repairs, but they would also have to pay extra interest on the failed pay-backs. Thus making the problem worse.
Reply 77
oh i got that impression, by you supporting violent action taking over the government, nothing about the military.

I don't support violent action, I believe in peaceful non-compliance.
Reply 78
I don't support violent action, I believe in peaceful non-compliance.

Erm, you've been talking about overthrowing the government, and about how peacful protesting doesn't work...its literally all you talk about....
Reply 79
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Yes but there is a fundamental problem... "Ordinary people" don't know how to run a government or an economy.

If they were to get their way and the government were to stop the cuts then in a few years time we would have to face MUCH larger cuts. The country is in a massive deficit and we need to act now.

These idiots protesting in London are only slowing the economy from recovering. The damages they are causing is going to cost the government even more.

Also, it irritates me how people jump straight to the 'oh its the banks fault!' arguament.
The fault lies with all those people who took out massive loans that they couldn't pay back.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if half of the people protesting were in debt to somebody.

I wonder what they would do if a group of people came into their house, smashed their items and demanded that they stop paying back their debt. Not only would they have to pay for the repairs, but they would also have to pay extra interest on the failed pay-backs. Thus making the problem worse.

As you've quite rightly said, ordinary people do not know how to run a government or an economy, but is it not fair to say that they are therefore not mentally capable of keeping themselves out of debt either?

Also I don't think it's fair to generalise everyone who is in debt, anyone who has a mortgage is in debt. Only a very small minority aren't in debt and they are the landowners whose families have been ruling over the rest of us for centuries.

The truth is that we are all peasants dictated to by wealthy landowners who know how to exploit us because the majority of us are too stupid to realise it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending