The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Luceria
John Williams' soundtrack for Prisoner of Azkaban is pure magic.

He also did 1 & 2. Shame he didn't come back to do the finale.
Original post by Piece
He also did 1 & 2. Shame he didn't come back to do the finale.

I know. Well William Ross also helped to conduct the Chamber of Secrets score, because Williams was busy with yet another Spielberg film. They could give Williams the film in time, so he couldn't
score Deathly Hallows. Damn it.

I desperately wanted him back for the last film. Desplat is OK, but I'm not sure how he'll do on the "epic, grand and dramatic" scale. Which Williams is very good at.
(edited 13 years ago)
I haven't watched the first scene of part 2 and I really don't want to. For any of the other films I probably would but it's the last one so I'm trying to be strong. The only thing I'm going to watch now is the trailer when it's finally released.
Original post by dobbys sock
I haven't watched the first scene of part 2 and I really don't want to. For any of the other films I probably would but it's the last one so I'm trying to be strong. The only thing I'm going to watch now is the trailer when it's finally released.

what has it been leaked?
Argh test screening in Chicago.. Too many spoilers... Confused. I hope those who saw it have read the books and aren't completely stupid.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review: http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml

Or if you want but I do not recommend, full of loads of major spoilers, Leaky Cauldron review: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2011/4/2/deathly-hallows-part-2-test-screening-held-today-in-chicago-leakys-full-report-here
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review

http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml

Yes, I read that. Not a fan of Mugglenet though. Snitchseeker is the site to visit.

Argh.. I've read too many spoilers.. Stupid internet. :tongue:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review: http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml

Or if you want but I do not recommend, full of loads of major spoilers, Leaky Cauldron review: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2011/4/2/deathly-hallows-part-2-test-screening-held-today-in-chicago-leakys-full-report-here

Starting to get excited about the film now!
I'm starting to get angry about the film now. I'm no book purist, but this is a low blow..

I knew it... How typical.. Oh I wish I could talk to them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria

Argh.. I've read too many spoilers.. Stupid internet. :tongue:

Original post by Luceria
I'm starting to get angry about the film now. I'm no book purist, but this is a low blow..

I knew it... How typical.. Oh I wish I could talk to them.

Without mentioning it in public so as to not ruin it for the lovely people in this thread, but it seems you've read what I've read. If it is then I agree, that is particularly disappointing and annoying. :frown:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Starting to get excited about the film now!

July cannot come soon enough. I feel like a big part of childhood part will die on that day. :sad:
Without mentioning it in public so as to not ruin it for the lovely people in this thread, but it seems you've read what I've read. If it is then I agree, that is particularly disappointing and annoying. :frown:

July cannot come soon enough. I feel like a big part of childhood part will die on that day. :sad:

I might have read what you've read. What I'm really angry about is one of my
favourite characters.'

I know, it's so strange.. I'm starting to panic a bit! I'm proud to be a member of the Harry Potter generation ( late teens- 20's).. I was 10 when it all started, and I'm 20 now. 10 years of my life. 10-20.. That's a lot.. Merlin's beard!
(edited 13 years ago)
Must. Resist. Temptation.

I'm getting worried it's going to be a pile of poo now. I had a dream the other day about the Deathly Hallows film. I can't remember it all, just bits. I remember that it was 11mins38 seconds, a few split seconds of fighting, a flash of the Great Hall with the bodies and the dead on billboards and I remember thinking "OMG when did Fleur die in the books?" and then Snape in the Shrieking Shack rubbing his neck and I was thinking "oh so it's not going to happen then?" and then it changed to a Pokemon game screen and he was following Lily around a cave. It's going to turn out as bad as that :cry2:
Original post by Luceria
I might have read what you've read. What I'm really angry about is one of my
favourite characters.'

I know, it's so strange.. I'm starting to panic a bit! I'm proud to be a member of the Harry Potter generation ( late teens- 20's).. I was 10 when it all started, and I'm 20 now. 10 years of my life. 10-20.. That's a lot.. Merlin's beard!

Implicit spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, same. I really, really miss the expectation you would have before a book came out. Those months, or even years you would spend speculating and making theories by re-reading the books and discussing the small points, and then counting down the days until the release of the next book. Other books don't provide me with that same level of fervent excitement and anticipation. You've also grown up as the actors in the film and characters in the book have grown up - which adds to it all. :moon:

On the bright side, whilst not the same, the Encyclopaedia is in progress/being written - so more of the HP universe to look forward to.
Must. Resist. Temptation.

I'm getting worried it's going to be a pile of poo now. I had a dream the other day about the Deathly Hallows film. I can't remember it all, just bits. I remember that it was 11mins38 seconds, a few split seconds of fighting, a flash of the Great Hall with the bodies and the dead on billboards and I remember thinking "OMG when did Fleur die in the books?" and then Snape in the Shrieking Shack rubbing his neck and I was thinking "oh so it's not going to happen then?" and then it changed to a Pokemon game screen and he was following Lily around a cave. It's going to turn out as bad as that :cry2:

Made me lol. :rofl:
Implicit spoiler:

Spoiler

Yeah, same. I really, really miss the expectation you would have before a book came out. Those months, or even years you would spend speculating and making theories by re-reading the books and discussing the small points, and then counting down the days until the release of the next book. Other books don't provide me with that same level of fervent excitement and anticipation. You've also grown up as the actors in the film and characters in the book have grown up - which adds to it all. :moon:

On the bright side, whilst not the same, the Encyclopaedia is in progress/being written - so more of the HP universe to look forward to.

Spoiler

:moon: I know. I need to join a Harry Potter support grop. Post-Potter Depression. I managed after the seventh book because it didn't feel over, but now... :frown:
"The Harry Potter generation" has been lucky though! I'm glad I'm not a 10 year old now ( this makes me feel better about my age, haha)
(edited 13 years ago)
i loved the books. he films are. im a book purist though so the films are 90% disappointment.
I'm so sad that this is really going to be over apart from the encyclopaedia though. I'm getting a HP tattoo to mark the end in July. "Until the very end."
I'm so sad that this is really going to be over apart from the encyclopaedia though. I'm getting a HP tattoo to mark the end in July. "Until the very end."

"The Scottish book!" Jo calls it that. Like Macbeth, haha. I call it that as well.
And it's very uncertain. It might be years, and we might never get it at all. Which sucks.
Original post by Luceria
"The Scottish book!" Jo calls it that. Like Macbeth, haha. I call it that as well.
And it's very uncertain. It might be years, and we might never get it at all. Which sucks.

I don't mind waiting a few years, but I'd be gutted if it never got finished :sad:
I don't mind waiting a few years, but I'd be gutted if it never got finished :sad:

I want it now! I'd read everything she published. I mean, who wouldn't love "Hogwarts, A History?" etc.

Quick Reply

Latest