The Student Room Group

If you want the royal family, you pay for them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mm_Minty
It had nothing to do with the main point. It's like starting a thread about gardening and then suddenly talking about cheese at the end...

It relates completely to the main point. o.O
Reply 81
Original post by Keckers
The royal family are actually a profitable enterprise.

They cost 7.8 million pounds a year and create about 5 million pounds profit from tourism etc.

Source?
But the queen is awesome...
Reply 83
Original post by dentistry1
Source?

Read the thread and you see that others posted sources.
Reply 84
Original post by Selkarn
It relates completely to the main point. o.O

How? Since when have Muslims been plotting to overthrow the monarchy here? :curious:
Reply 85
How? Since when have Muslims been plotting to overthrow the monarchy here? :curious:

I can only hope the current rates of Islam's expansion continue, if Muslims became a majority in this country I'm pretty sure the parasitic scum known as the monarchy would be otherthrew.

**** me, the level of intelligence on this forum baffles me sometimes.
Reply 86
You still haven't explained how a hypothetical muslim majority makes for an increased likelihood of the removal of the monarchy. It does not follow.
Reply 87
Original post by Selkarn
**** me, the level of intelligence on this forum baffles me sometimes.

That has nothing to do with funding the royal family.

See, I can put things in big letters too :h:

Why would muslims want the royal family gone, anyway? They don't hold any political power and don't exactly encourage anything explicitly anti-islamic.
Reply 88

Why would muslims want the royal family gone, anyway? They don't hold any political power and don't exactly encourage anything explicitly anti-islamic.

You said, and this is your exact words:

"Since when have Muslims been plotting to overthrow the monarchy here? "

Now, quote me where I said Muslims have been plotting to overthrow the monarchy.

We both know that you can't, and what you said was a mistake. Of course, you're never going to admit that. :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Selkarn

Now, quote me where I said Muslims have been plotting to overthrow the monarchy.

We both know that you can't, and what you said was a mistake. Of course, you're never going to admit that. :smile:

So why do you think that, should muslims become a majority, we'd become a republic? (cos that's what you did say)

Why don't you come out with it and admit you made up nonsense?
Reply 90
Original post by gladders
So why do you think that, should muslims become a majority, we'd become a republic? (cos that's what you did say)

Because the royal family would never convert to Islam, and a hypothetical majority Muslim population in this country would never willingly be ruled over by a non-Muslim.

I love the fact that you scream "ur wrong!11" to cover your own failure. :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by Selkarn
Because the royal family would never convert to Islam, and a hypothetical majority Muslim population in this country would never willingly be ruled over by a non-Muslim.

I love the fact that you scream "ur wrong!11" to cover your own failure. :biggrin:

There is no evidence to support your claim. You're assuming a heck of a lot, starting with the idea that muslims will become a majority.
Reply 92
Original post by Selkarn

If you insist, here is a direct quote from your the OP:

Original post by Selkarn

I can only hope the current rates of Islam's expansion continue, if Muslims became a majority in this country I'm pretty sure the parasitic scum known as the monarchy would be otherthrew.

You made a pretty specific link between an increasing muslim population and the monarchy being overthrown. You didn't say they were plotting it but you implied that it would be inevitable if they ever get influence, suggesting that they have a problem with them and will remove them as soon as they are able.

We both know that you keep contradicting yourself and won't properly answer my questions, but of course you'll never admit to that :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by gladders
There is no evidence to support your claim. You're assuming a heck of a lot, starting with the idea that muslims will become a majority.

Original post by Selkarn

The level of intelligence on this forum really does baffle me.
Reply 94
If you insist, here is a direct quote from your the OP:

You made a pretty specific link between an increasing muslim population and the monarchy being overthrown. You didn't say they were plotting it but you implied that it would be inevitable if they ever get influence, suggesting that they have a problem with them and will remove them as soon as they are able.

We both know that you keep contradicting yourself and won't properly answer my questions, but of course you'll never admit to that :biggrin:

You are seeing implications that don't exist. I don't think Muslims at the moment are plotting to overthrow the monarchy. I simply think that if Muslims became an overwhelming majority in the UK, the monarchy would be overthrown. It's really not too difficult to understand.

I can't answer questions if you don't ask them - I'm not a mind reader.
Reply 95
66p a year - oh-noes!!!

I bet we all spend about 4 times that much money on a bad pint which we don't enjoy.

We probably spend ten times more than that a year on food which goes off or gets thrown away.
Reply 96
Original post by Manitude
66p a year - oh-noes!!!

I bet we all spend about 4 times that much money on a bad pint which we don't enjoy.

We probably spend ten times more than that a year on food which goes off or gets thrown away.

Congratulations on repeating something that has been said a thousand times. The actual monetary value doesn't matter, it's largely the principle. If 66p doesn't matter to you then I could simply say that "person X is cool, everyone should give him 66p. It's only a quarter of a price of a pint!121!"!"
:rolleyes:
Reply 97
Original post by Selkarn
Congratulations on repeating something that has been said a thousand times. The actual monetary value doesn't matter, it's largely the principle. If 66p doesn't matter to you then I could simply say that "person X is cool, everyone should give him 66p. It's only a quarter of a price of a pint!121!"!"
:rolleyes:

If there was actually any benefit to me, then I would.

As it happens there are a number of benefits in keeping the royal family (or at least the queen and her close family).
But there's absolutely no point in saying them to you as I'm definitely not going to persuade you to my way of thinking.
I accept your views, I hope you can accept mine.

Also I should add that I've never paid a penny of tax.
Reply 98
Original post by Manitude

Also I should add that I've never paid a penny of tax.

I skimmed over your post, saw this sentence, and didn't bother to read the rest. :rofl: :rofl: at the intelligence of some people on here.
Reply 99
Original post by Selkarn
I skimmed over your post, saw this sentence, and didn't bother to read the rest. :rofl: :rofl: at the intelligence of some people on here.

:u:

I find it hilarious that someone who only knows me through ~3 posts on the internet can have any idea about my intelligence. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending