The Student Room Group

Will you be celebrating the King's Coronation?

This poll is closed

Will you be celebrating the Coronation?

Yes and I have been invited by his majesty King Charles III15%
No and I have been invited by his majesty King Charles III6%
yes and (but) haven't been invited by his majesty King Charles III15%
no and I haven't been invited by his majesty King Charles III64%
Total votes: 47
Simple question, the king's coronation in just over a week away so will you be celebrating the king's coronation and have you been invited by his majesty King Charles III to attend the coronation? And if so is there anything special that you'll do for it?

I personally will not (probably) as I don't like the royal family.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Celebrating? No, certainly not.
I might watch it on telly though just because it's a historical moment, but that's all. I'm not a royalist.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Simple question, the king's coronation in just over a week away so will you be celebrating the king's coronation and have you been invited by his majesty King Charles III to attend the coronation? And if so is there anything special that you'll do for it?

Agreed
No, but I will perform the miracle feat of putting a hat on my own head without spending £100,000,000 (:tongue:!)
Original post by EVRoosevelt
No, but I will perform the miracle feat of putting a hat on my own head without spending £100,000,000 (:tongue:!)

Do you like the royal family?
Do you like the royal family?

I'm an ardent republican (not in the American sense of the word!!), but I don't imagine the royal family are unpleasant people. I'm sure if I met one of them at the dog park they'd be nice enough to chat to for a few minutes! :biggrin:
I'm less a royalist, and more of an elizabethan myself, so I haven't got anything planned for the coronation. Unless you count spending the day up on Dartmoor instead.

That said, if the Earl Marshal has a spare invitation left over for me, I'd take him up on that offer.
Where I live we have a little community and we often use events like this as an excuse to have party so yeah that.
Watching? Maybe. Celebrating? No. Personally not a huge fan of the royals, though I can see how this is a historic event.
I'll be watching the ceremony because it's an interesting, ancient tradition. I have no interest in the rest of the weekend, and things like the concert, nor do I feel any need to celebrate anything.
It'll be nice having the day off, but I'm not a royalist and there's just bigger things going on. I can see why people do make a fuss about it, I guess it's not often we see a new sovereign so it's an historical moment for sure. I'm just gunna be spending it watching trashy films more than likely, haha!

Nope I’ll be asleep in bed :smile:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Nope I’ll be asleep in bed :smile:
Fair enough, probably a better way to spend the time to be honest.
Reply 13
Certainly a historic moment and I respect those that like it: but I've honestly never liked the royal family and they lost any respect I had for them when I saw how much was being spent from the taxpayers money, especially within the cost of living crisis. I do appreciate the holiday though haha :wink:
Original post by {Moss}
Certainly a historic moment and I respect those that like it: but I've honestly never liked the royal family and they lost any respect I had for them when I saw how much was being spent from the taxpayers money, especially within the cost of living crisis. I do appreciate the holiday though haha :wink:
the only royal that I liked (in some form) was the Queen, other than that I don't like the royal family (I won't be harsh on the royal kids though considering all the rules they have to follow from such a young age).
Reply 15
the only royal that I liked (in some form) was the Queen, other than that I don't like the royal family (I won't be harsh on the royal kids though considering all the rules they have to follow from such a young age).

Yeah I know what you mean, she always seemed like a good person to me. I think the rules as you said are the major problem, they're raised and effectively indoctrinated from such a young age it's not really their fault, they're just doing what they're taught about how these things work. But that's something belonging to debate haha :smile:
Reply 16
yes.

i have bought some top quality Olive Oil from Waitrose so i can do the ceremony thing too.
Son and I want to see the ghost of princess Diana appear behind the throne to give Charles a good old fashioned haunting.

Once I had an idea for a charity and the king ( then prince of Wales) sent me a lovely letter, with some words heavily underlined, a bouquet of flowers half the size of my lounge and an introduction to a similar charity. However I still cannot get over the injustice of an adulteress becoming queen.
I get the day off next Monday so sure I'll give a cheer or two.
Reply 19
Nope, staunch republican.

Quick Reply

Latest