The Student Room Group

I didn't watch a single minute of the coronation today!

Who else missed it and couldn't give a damn about it? :biggrin:

Who else here thinks the monarchy is a waste of money, outdated, and needs to be abolished immediately?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You obviously missed the bit where Charles tripped over a corgi which then bit Camilla and weed on Andrew.
Original post by mqb2766
You obviously missed the bit where Charles tripped over a corgi which then bit Camilla and weed on Andrew.

I read somewhere that the paedo prince got booed on the mall, lol. Would have loved to see that more than the coronation tbh. That man is a ghastly man.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by boulderingislife

Who else here thinks the monarchy is a waste of money, outdated, and needs to be abolished immediately?

I watched it.
Reply 4
it shouldnt be completely abolished, but their power should be drastically reduced. tourism money brings in too much to abolish
It was today? I thought it was on Monday :colondollar: (not that I was gonna watch it anyways)
Original post by Jh2204
it shouldnt be completely abolished, but their power should be drastically reduced. tourism money brings in too much to abolish

Don’t buy that argument sorry. They would still bring in money in even if it were abolished. People come to see their palaces and other old stuff and they will still be there.

100% monarchy should be abolished. It is outdated and unnecessary!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
It was today? I thought it was on Monday :colondollar: (not that I was gonna watch it anyways)

I thought it was monday too but someone on here told me it was today haha. Hope that bh we get is every yesr though! Love bh’s
Reply 8
I thought it was monday too but someone on here told me it was today haha. Hope that bh we get is every yesr though! Love bh’s

One bit that usual channels on tv missed
https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1654845481296486400

Bank holidays are literally the reason I think the monarchy should stay.
same i didnt watch it !

i reckon this bloke will last 20 to 30 years if that then its william. i wasnt alive to see it but i dont particularly like charles after the whole princess diana saga and how he cheated on her with camilla. i think he has something to do with the car crash back in 97.

anyways-- other than that its good to have a bank holiday and day off school. monarchies are good for tourism and money too and history so yeah.
Reply 11
The events today cost a quarter of a billion pounds. 4 million children are in food poverty in the UK. The display of wealth and power is insensitive and rotten, especially during times of financial strain for families.

Really don't know how people see it as a positive "part of British culture", and how they are perfectly okay calling an entitled man "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty" simply because he was born to an extortionately wealthy family as an heir to the throne.
Original post by .N.A.
The events today cost a quarter of a billion pounds. 4 million children are in food poverty in the UK. The display of wealth and power is insensitive and rotten, especially during times of financial strain for families.

Really don't know how people see it as a positive "part of British culture", and how they are perfectly okay calling an entitled man "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty" simply because he was born to an extortionately wealthy family as an heir to the throne.

Well said! Couldn’t agree with you more!
Reply 13
Original post by .N.A.

The entitled man” uses his own revenue from the Duchy of Cornwall to finance the Prince’s trust helping 46000 people at any one time.
(edited 11 months ago)

Didn’t bother with it.

I agree that the monarchy is outdated and does waste money, but I would be careful about wishing for it to be immediately abolished.

Before it can be abolished, a hell of a lot of planning must be done to ensure a smooth transition of power and for an alternative to be arranged.
Original post by mqb2766

lol is this for real? I didn't watch the full coronation today
Original post by mqb2766

wait is this true? i didnt watch the coronoation but now i'm wondering if i should have 😭
Reply 17
Original post by spill_the_tea
wait is this true? i didnt watch the coronoation but now i'm wondering if i should have 😭

Less said about when it started to hump the archbishop of canterbury the better.

Though I may be getting confused with Johnny English.
Reply 18
It’s bonkers on so many levels. The scene on the balcony with the crowns, grotesque
Original post by Bookworm524
lol is this for real? I didn't watch the full coronation today

No, obviously that didn’t happen. It was a glorious and perfect ceremony full of stunningly beautiful clothes, tapestries, crowns and jewels. Heaven.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest