The Student Room Group

Royal Military Academy Sandhurst

Hi I’m wanting to attend RASA in between my gap year.
I not sure how to go about it.
It says I need to do two stages of AOSB how long will that take.
Do I need to pay for RASA if I’m not in university.
can get a bursary if I will go to university but not currently or previously attended?
Are there any other requirements?
Also when is the deadline for application and when is the starting date?

Thanks
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by ScoobyZazzy
Hi I’m wanting to attend RASA in between my gap year.
I not sure how to go about it.
It says I need to do two stages of AOSB how long will that take.
Do I need to pay for RASA if I’m not in university.
can get a bursary if I will go to university but not currently or previously attended?
Are there any other requirements?
Also when is the deadline for application and when is the starting date?

Thanks

What is RASA?
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
What is RASA?

You go there for officer training, if you join the army. I'm not sure they are still running their Gap Year Scheme. You can't pay to go, you join the Army as an Officer, by passing the AOSB stages and getting an offer, and then you get sent their. You need to go to Uni first if you want a degree.
So you would like to train as an office for the reservists?
Reply 5
You go there for officer training, if you join the army. I'm not sure they are still running their Gap Year Scheme. You can't pay to go, you join the Army as an Officer, by passing the AOSB stages and getting an offer, and then you get sent their. You need to go to Uni first if you want a degree.

can I go without a degree (is there a specific degree required) and pursue the degree after?
Reply 6
Original post by SoonToBeExpat
So you would like to train as an office for the reservists?

I'd like to just do the course.
Is it required or more likely to get accepted if your looking towards being a officer or reservists
No you don't need a degree... have looked at the requirements? I'd suggest you go to the Army's website and have a read through in depth. Perhaps have a self reflection on whether you think you have the sparks of officer potential, if so then put in an application and see where it brings you.
I'd like to just do the course.
Is it required or more likely to get accepted if your looking towards being a officer or reservists

You can't just do the course, you have to join the Army. You need to read through the Army careers website. If you qualify for officer entry, then Sandhurst is the first stage of training for a career in the Army. You can't just choose or pay to go there, it's not a school/college/university.
Reply 9
You can't just do the course, you have to join the Army. You need to read through the Army careers website. If you qualify for officer entry, then Sandhurst is the first stage of training for a career in the Army. You can't just choose or pay to go there, it's not a school/college/university.

yes I don't want to pay just making sure if paying was a requirement. ill call them tomorrow but its late right now so ill ask if you, how long are you meant to be in the army before you able to do the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. thanks :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
yes I don't want to pay just making sure if paying was a requirement. ill call them tomorrow but its late right now so ill ask if you, how long are you meant to be in the army before you able to do the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. thanks :smile:

You need to read and understand the army recruitment website. You apply to join the Army as an officer, you go through the selection process. If you pass everything and get offered a place in the army, then you get sent to Sandhurst to do your basic officer training. You need to read the Army recruitment website and understand what job you want to do in the army and look at the service requirements there are. Broadly, you have to serve for longer if they spend a lot of money training you. Sandhurst isn't the goal, the goal is joining the British Army!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest