The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Any other anime like Ghost in the shell anyone can suggest?
Original post by Aj12
Any other anime like Ghost in the shell anyone can suggest?

Hello other AJ. :biggrin:

You might want to have a look at some of the following:

Ergo Proxy

Jin-Roh

Darker Than BLACK

Eden of the East

Armitage III

Hope something there interests you. :smile:
Reply 342
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Finished FMA :sigh: And now I'm sad. But hopefully I can finally concentrate on my assignments!
It's now time to watch FMA: Brotherhood :colone:
Reply 343
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Hello other AJ. :biggrin:

You might want to have a look at some of the following:

Ergo Proxy

Jin-Roh

Darker Than BLACK

Eden of the East

Armitage III

Hope something there interests you. :smile:

Thanks a lot will have a look through that.:smile:
Original post by Keoje
It's now time to watch FMA: Brotherhood :colone:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Deadliiiines :cry:

But I really hope Mustang is in it :puppyeyes: *swoon*
Reply 345
:rofl: Ippo 66, Takamura fighting a bear
Reply 346
Original post by vin
:rofl: Ippo 66, Takamura fighting a bear

Yeah, that's a classic Takamura moment, and it only gets better later on. :giggle:

(PS - I'll respond to your previous post later. I completely missed it yesterday. :redface:)
Reply 347

damn only like 9-10 eps of ippo left :frown:
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, that's a classic Takamura moment, and it only gets better later on. :giggle:

(PS - I'll respond to your previous post later. I completely missed it yesterday. :redface:)

and yet you said you read my posts :emo:

also for a completely unrelated reason I was looking up the dempsey roll and alot of the results were ippo related:mmm: and one of the results that wasnt was a boxing forum where several posters mentioned that "hajime no ippo is awesome":awesome: aside from talking about the actual technique/move ...I dont know the correct terminology :redface: they also linked to videos of matches using elements of it and I watched it.:indiff:

Ive also downloaded the OSTs for use as motivation music.:3
(edited 13 years ago)
finally stuff is actually happening after 8 eps of Myself;Yourself :p: Nanaka :puppyeyes: that post box thing :cute:

ive devided to finish last seasons shows before i start any new ones or else my backlog would just keep on increasing :erm:

Original post by vin
there was more after in dbz but for some reason its ending here :s-smilie:

aww :frown: may watch some DBZ then :biggrin:

looking at your above post, you like sport now? :awesome: :five:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 349
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Deadliiiines :cry:

But I really hope Mustang is in it :puppyeyes: *swoon*

Mustang is in it :perv:

FMA: Brother basically follows the manga more so you could see it as a different ending? :beard: Or just more FMA :awesome:
Original post by Keoje
Mustang is in it :perv:

FMA: Brother basically follows the manga more so you could see it as a different ending? :beard: Or just more FMA :awesome:

I just saw half of the first episode, I was like :lolwut:

Spoiler

So I'm going to let that sink in and then I might watch more :mmm:
Reply 351
Original post by vin
ippo ep 60 :s:

Spoiler

:mad: I dont like how the comic soc thread is red now, it sticks out more then ours.:hmpf: This one should be atleast purple!:unimpressed:

Any boxer can challenge the current belt holder, irrespective of their winnings or losings with other opponents. :yes:
Reply 352
The last episode of Star Driver was a bit unsatisfactory. In a way, it was befitting of a finale, certainly on the animation front, but it lacked something. I suppose it's representative of the entire series, which never hit that boiling point. I found the plot reasonably interesting due to its mystery and the character cast were likeable, but neither spurred my interest to the point where I was anticipating what was going to happen next. I suppose it's slightly disappointing that with such a stellar staff behind this (Takuya, Yoshiyuki and Kazuhiro to name but a few of the primary talent), I was expecting something so much more, possibly ranking alongside Bones's Eureka Seven, but this doesn't come close to that. It's very much in the same ilk as Xam'd, I'd say, even though that was arguably more engaging. So, to conclude, Star Driver was a solid series, perceivably above average, but nothing exceptional.
Reply 353
I might try and finally make the last push through Katanagatari. Finally got the last five episode a few days ago, and watched episode 8 yesterday. Felt tired today after having to walk into town twice so didn't watch any more :emo:

Also I now have all 42 volumes of the dragonball manga :smug:

I just have to wait until my birthday (May) until I can actually have them :moon:
Reply 354
Woah, there's an entire subforum for anime now. (and comics)

I was looking forward to Steins;Gate this season, but I think I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out. I already know the major plot points, so it's not like I'm crying out to see what next. After how painfully slow ep 1 was, I want to be able to burst through a load in one go.

Also, has anyone here seen/heard of Cat **** One? The concept looks quite interesting, but would like some opinions first.
Reply 355
Original post by Susant

Original post by Susant
Woah, there's an entire subforum for anime now. (and comics)

I was looking forward to Steins;Gate this season, but I think I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out. I already know the major plot points, so it's not like I'm crying out to see what next. After how painfully slow ep 1 was, I want to be able to burst through a load in one go.

Also, has anyone here seen/heard of Cat **** One? The concept looks quite interesting, but would like some opinions first.

yeah ive seen the only ep released of cat **** one :giggle: its quite entertaining and the animals are cute :smile:
I just saw half of the first episode (of FMA Brotherhood), I was like :lolwut:

Spoiler

So I'm going to let that sink in and then I might watch more :mmm:

I'm guessing you didn't know Brotherhood was a remake then? :wtf: That's why I was surprised you were watching the first series; its alright as far as anime-original storylines go, but its a bit pointless now that the infinitely better Brotherhood has been released.

The one problem with Brotherhood is that it does speed through a lot of the early material that the first anime handled better (albeit with a few changes here and there).
Reply 357
Bleach peeps

Spoiler

ep 11 of Myself;Yourself, totally didnt expect that :eek4: the end of that ep :cry2: all these twists in the last few eps :eek2:

finished it :cry2: great show in the end, last few eps made up for the pretty average first half of the show :yep:

Spoiler

feel a bit :cry2: after finishing that show
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm guessing you didn't know Brotherhood was a remake then? :wtf: That's why I was surprised you were watching the first series; its alright as far as anime-original storylines go, but its a bit pointless now that the infinitely better Brotherhood has been released.

The one problem with Brotherhood is that it does speed through a lot of the early material that the first anime handled better (albeit with a few changes here and there).

Nah, I didn't - My friend told me it's a sequel :colonhash: I'm gonna beat her up :mmm:

Latest