The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by e hine e

Spoiler

I don't know how I'll live over the summer. I'll be a wreck! I suspect it'll be a 4/5 month break from the end of May to September/October.

Spoiler

I can't believe it'll be over in May :frown: I really need to get tickets for the tour, I can't have so many months without Glee!

Spoiler

Original post by Ambs

Spoiler

I can't believe it'll be over in May :frown: I really need to get tickets for the tour, I can't have so many months without Glee!

Spoiler

Shippers for Quinn and Rachel are called Faberry :rofl: there is a surprising number of them. I don't get it...I only ship realistic pairings so at least they have a chance of happening and mine have all come true :biggrin: much better than being let down!

Spoiler

I plan on buying the DVDs and rewatching...and rewatching...and rewatching :biggrin:
people say i look scarily like rachael from glee. not sure if thats a good or a bad thing :|
Original post by f.chowdhury

people say i look scarily like rachael from glee. not sure if thats a good or a bad thing :|

That is a very good thing, Rachel is currently tied with Santana as my number one crush :biggrin:
That is a very good thing, Rachel is currently tied with Santana as my number one crush :biggrin:

Hahaha santana is very pretty :biggrin:
Reply 2085
Shippers for Quinn and Rachel are called Faberry :rofl: there is a surprising number of them. I don't get it...I only ship realistic pairings so at least they have a chance of happening and mine have all come true :biggrin: much better than being let down!

Spoiler

I plan on buying the DVDs and rewatching...and rewatching...and rewatching :biggrin:

I can't believe they even have a name!! I would hate it too if the people I wanted together never became an actual couple. Luckily there's only one couple I ever really cared about and that did happen :biggrin: Some of the ships I have seen are just way too unrealistic, and it makes me feel sorry for the people who are seriously hoping for it to happen and developing all sorts of theories and plotlines of how it should be. I don't feel too bad for Kurt/Karofsky shippers though - that's just sick!

Spoiler

I think rewatching will depress me too much, I really think I'll have to find something else to keep myself entertained. Perhaps I'll even have to venture outside and GET A LIFE!! :eek3:
Reply 2086

That's a good thing, she's very pretty! I have been told my character resembles hers, which is a lot worse! People always used to compare me to Hermione, but now already three people have told me I remind them of Rachel. I try to laugh it off and say that it's just because I sing so often, but in fact I know exactly what they mean and they are right :redface:

Original post by Ambs
I can't believe they even have a name!! I would hate it too if the people I wanted together never became an actual couple. Luckily there's only one couple I ever really cared about and that did happen :biggrin: Some of the ships I have seen are just way too unrealistic, and it makes me feel sorry for the people who are seriously hoping for it to happen and developing all sorts of theories and plotlines of how it should be. I don't feel too bad for Kurt/Karofsky shippers though - that's just sick!

Spoiler

I think rewatching will depress me too much, I really think I'll have to find something else to keep myself entertained. Perhaps I'll even have to venture outside and GET A LIFE!! :eek3:

I think that's about right, it's not sad at all, it's something we all go through :tongue:

Spoiler

You can't get a life! We need to be like sad fans who camp out in the thread waiting desperately for spoilers and any little piece of information we can get :eek3: I should probably do some work in preparation for uni though...which I've been planning to do for the past year. I don't like to be too prepared :s-smilie:
Reply 2088
I think that's about right, it's not sad at all, it's something we all go through :tongue:

Spoiler

You can't get a life! We need to be like sad fans who camp out in the thread waiting desperately for spoilers and any little piece of information we can get :eek3: I should probably do some work in preparation for uni though...which I've been planning to do for the past year. I don't like to be too prepared :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I know I'll be here most of the time no matter what, but it would be good if, say, only 25% of my day evolved around Glee :tongue: I have to decide what to do about going to university and I need to get practicing for my SAT's so I'll be busy enough, I guess.

How are you planning to prepare for uni - do you have a booklist you need to get started on? I wouldn't worry, I don't think that many people actually study over the summer.

Original post by Ambs

Spoiler

I know I'll be here most of the time no matter what, but it would be good if, say, only 25% of my day evolved around Glee :tongue: I have to decide what to do about going to university and I need to get practicing for my SAT's so I'll be busy enough, I guess.

How are you planning to prepare for uni - do you have a booklist you need to get started on? I wouldn't worry, I don't think that many people actually study over the summer.

I have my sources :wink: seriously though they're compiled by stalking/following the actors on twitter plus tumblr and the Glee forum (who are like detectives).

Spoiler

Well I haven't done any maths since finishing my A Levels in 2009 so I think I should revise some before uni...I say I haven't done any, I've gone over some AS exercises but that's about all. I should have stuck to literature and put as much effort as I'm putting into analysing Glee into analysing Shakespeare :rofl:
The Warblers and Darren are on Ellen on the 22nd April (my 21st :woo:) which will probably be the most exciting event of my day.

Also, a link to a compilation of spoilers that just appeared on my twitter for anyone interested.

http://tuereslocaa.tumblr.com/post/4423538208
Reply 2091
I have my sources :wink: seriously though they're compiled by stalking/following the actors on twitter plus tumblr and the Glee forum (who are like detectives).

Spoiler

Well I haven't done any maths since finishing my A Levels in 2009 so I think I should revise some before uni...I say I haven't done any, I've gone over some AS exercises but that's about all. I should have stuck to literature and put as much effort as I'm putting into analysing Glee into analysing Shakespeare :rofl:

I have an account on the official forum but I hardly ever go there - so many people just seem to be arguing about ships most of the time :s-smilie: I'm new to Twitter and Tumblr, so I'm not that good at stalking yet, but I'm trying :tongue:

Spoiler

Yay, I love Ellen! And another Darren interview = more material to fangirl over :woo: :tongue: I'll go have a look at those spoilers, thanks for the link!

:rofl: You're right, so should I! I'm actually going to take an online Shakespeare course next month just to get back into literature, which is supposed to be my greatest passion. Ever since my Glee obsession I spend all the time I used to read on the internet :colondollar: That'll look good on my Personal Statement...
Reply 2092
The Warblers and Darren are on Ellen on the 22nd April (my 21st :woo:) which will probably be the most exciting event of my day.

Also, a link to a compilation of spoilers that just appeared on my twitter for anyone interested.

http://tuereslocaa.tumblr.com/post/4423538208

I love how she even added references - you're right, these people are like detectives!

I can't believe how I went from spoiler nazi to spoiler hunter in only a few weeks time. The hiatus did this to me! :redface:

Original post by Ambs
I have an account on the official forum but I hardly ever go there - so many people just seem to be arguing about ships most of the time :s-smilie: I'm new to Twitter and Tumblr, so I'm not that good at stalking yet, but I'm trying :tongue:

Spoiler

Yay, I love Ellen! And another Darren interview = more material to fangirl over :woo: :tongue: I'll go have a look at those spoilers, thanks for the link!

:rofl: You're right, so should I! I'm actually going to take an online Shakespeare course next month just to get back into literature, which is supposed to be my greatest passion. Ever since my Glee obsession I spend all the time I used to read on the internet :colondollar: That'll look good on my Personal Statement...

Spoiler

I'm the same with free time too now, I see analysing TV as very similar to literature :tongue: let me know what texts you study we could chat about them. I have a soft spot for Measure for Measure because that's what I did for A Level (alongside Othello) and I could analyse it to death.
Original post by Ambs
I love how she even added references - you're right, these people are like detectives!

I can't believe how I went from spoiler nazi to spoiler hunter in only a few weeks time. The hiatus did this to me! :redface:

I know what you mean-I was excited for season 2 to begin but I didn't look at spoilers, then it started to get interesting, the Klaine threatened to happen and I was suddenly interested in possible spoilers/behind the scenes/interviews but during this hiatus I've just gone wild. I quite like spoilers though, I didn't think I would, but I like being able to think about things that could happen before watching even if I get them wrong-keeps my imagination working. I wouldn't like any huge spoilers though I prefer tiny things about where they've filmed

Spoiler

Reply 2095

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll let you know about the Shakespeare! The day before my Oxford interview I was asked to fill out a list of things I had been reading at the time, and I couldn't fill out a single thing in the drama section - I was so embarrassed! I never did English literature at school so I just find my own things to read, but I haven't actually done any Shakespeare yet because I thought he was just too big to do on my own :tongue: I'll be doing a course at Oxford's Department of Continuing Education - I'll let you know what I'll be reading when I enroll :biggrin:

I know what you mean-I was excited for season 2 to begin but I didn't look at spoilers, then it started to get interesting, the Klaine threatened to happen and I was suddenly interested in possible spoilers/behind the scenes/interviews but during this hiatus I've just gone wild. I quite like spoilers though, I didn't think I would, but I like being able to think about things that could happen before watching even if I get them wrong-keeps my imagination working. I wouldn't like any huge spoilers though I prefer tiny things about where they've filmed

Spoiler

I actually don't like spoilers, but since it's the only news I'm going to get during this hiatus I just need it! I would hate to find out something really important, so thanks for the heads-up about the forum, I'll keep away from there! It's nice to think about what could happen based on little snippets of information, but I don't want the 'spoilers' to 'spoil' the whole thing :tongue:

Original post by Ambs

Spoiler

I'll let you know about the Shakespeare! The day before my Oxford interview I was asked to fill out a list of things I had been reading at the time, and I couldn't fill out a single thing in the drama section - I was so embarrassed! I never did English literature at school so I just find my own things to read, but I haven't actually done any Shakespeare yet because I thought he was just too big to do on my own :tongue: I'll be doing a course at Oxford's Department of Continuing Education - I'll let you know what I'll be reading when I enroll :biggrin:

I actually don't like spoilers, but since it's the only news I'm going to get during this hiatus I just need it! I would hate to find out something really important, so thanks for the heads-up about the forum, I'll keep away from there! It's nice to think about what could happen based on little snippets of information, but I don't want the 'spoilers' to 'spoil' the whole thing :tongue:

I didn't do Shakespeare before I went to college at 16 (terrible for an English student) but by the time I left I'd studied Macbeth, Othello and Measure for Measure. You should read Death of a Salesman too for drama-I loved analysing that.

I'm staying away from the Glee forum from next week as apparently

Spoiler

I often want to tell people just to step back too-it's a shame when what should be a positive, lighthearted thing turns into hate for others who you should have things in common with due to the similar interest. If people want a couple not in the show they can read and write fanfiction and let the writers do their thing. The other day some people on the Kurt/Blaine thread were even blaming one of the writers for certain things happening as he wrote a particular episode and I was just like :facepalm: because the writers will all decide plot lines, firstly, it's not like a thing where they go 'you write this weeks then I'll see what you've done and carry on from there' plus it's their show so when you watch a show you watch it accepting that it's a story set by the writers some of which you might not like.

Spoiler

I'm currently passing the time by taking part in the Glee role play on tumblr. I now have my Kurt, although the time difference is causing some problems-Kurt is GMT +8, I'm BST and some other characters are GMT-4 and GMT-8 :rofl:
Reply 2098
I didn't do Shakespeare before I went to college at 16 (terrible for an English student) but by the time I left I'd studied Macbeth, Othello and Measure for Measure. You should read Death of a Salesman too for drama-I loved analysing that.

I'm staying away from the Glee forum from next week as apparently

Spoiler

I often want to tell people just to step back too-it's a shame when what should be a positive, lighthearted thing turns into hate for others who you should have things in common with due to the similar interest. If people want a couple not in the show they can read and write fanfiction and let the writers do their thing. The other day some people on the Kurt/Blaine thread were even blaming one of the writers for certain things happening as he wrote a particular episode and I was just like :facepalm: because the writers will all decide plot lines, firstly, it's not like a thing where they go 'you write this weeks then I'll see what you've done and carry on from there' plus it's their show so when you watch a show you watch it accepting that it's a story set by the writers some of which you might not like.

Spoiler

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it! :smile: When I was in Oxford people were constantly talking about all the impressive poetry and drama they had been reading at school, and when someone asked me I had to explain that I finished school a while ago and even then only had 2 hours of English class a week, in which we only did vocabulary and grammar :redface: My family and friends think I'm insane and spend way too much time reading, but the truth is that I haven't read half as much as I should to compete with English students. Sorry for the rant - every now and then the sad truth of my situation upsets me! :tongue:

Thanks for telling me, I'll make sure to steer clear!

Spoiler

I think every Glee-related discussion should be as positive as this thread! :awesome: We're all 'normal' (*cough*) fans who accept each others' opinions and ideas. The fact that we all agree does help, but I'm sure we could disagree and still have fun discussing our differenent opinions.

Haha, I've noticed that too! :rofl: I actually used to play that game when I was a kid; someone would write down two sentences and pass the paper on to someone else, until you got the strangest stories from it. The idea alone of the writers doing that makes me lol :biggrin: I accept the stories just as they are, and I'm extremely grateful to the people who thought them up. Sometimes things don't go the way I want them to, but hey, that's the fun of watching a series! A story that goes exactly the way you want it and expect it is a fantasy - and many fans don't seem to realise that there is a difference between Glee and fanatasies! :tongue:

I'm currently passing the time by taking part in the Glee role play on tumblr. I now have my Kurt, although the time difference is causing some problems-Kurt is GMT +8, I'm BST and some other characters are GMT-4 and GMT-8 :rofl:

Haha, I can imagine that causing one or two practical problems! I am passing my time by listening to SOWK on Glee radio (it's on!! :woo:), and trying to figure out how Twitter works. I think I just 'tweeted' for the first time by replying to a post by one of the Warblers (don't judge me ), but then he sent me a 'message' in reply. What's the difference between a 'message' and a 'tweet'? Or is there none? I feel like a senior trying to figure out this system for youngsters :tongue:

Original post by Ambs
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it! :smile: When I was in Oxford people were constantly talking about all the impressive poetry and drama they had been reading at school, and when someone asked me I had to explain that I finished school a while ago and even then only had 2 hours of English class a week, in which we only did vocabulary and grammar :redface: My family and friends think I'm insane and spend way too much time reading, but the truth is that I haven't read half as much as I should to compete with English students. Sorry for the rant - every now and then the sad truth of my situation upsets me! :tongue:

Thanks for telling me, I'll make sure to steer clear!

Spoiler

I think every Glee-related discussion should be as positive as this thread! :awesome: We're all 'normal' (*cough*) fans who accept each others' opinions and ideas. The fact that we all agree does help, but I'm sure we could disagree and still have fun discussing our differenent opinions.

Haha, I've noticed that too! :rofl: I actually used to play that game when I was a kid; someone would write down two sentences and pass the paper on to someone else, until you got the strangest stories from it. The idea alone of the writers doing that makes me lol :biggrin: I accept the stories just as they are, and I'm extremely grateful to the people who thought them up. Sometimes things don't go the way I want them to, but hey, that's the fun of watching a series! A story that goes exactly the way you want it and expect it is a fantasy - and many fans don't seem to realise that there is a difference between Glee and fanatasies! :tongue:

Haha, I can imagine that causing one or two practical problems! I am passing my time by listening to SOWK on Glee radio (it's on!! :woo:), and trying to figure out how Twitter works. I think I just 'tweeted' for the first time by replying to a post by one of the Warblers (don't judge me ), but then he sent me a 'message' in reply. What's the difference between a 'message' and a 'tweet'? Or is there none? I feel like a senior trying to figure out this system for youngsters :tongue:

A message is usually a personal message that only you 2 can see and appears at the top of your screen, if it comes up on your 'feed' or page then it's just a tweet reply. Which warbler was it? I'll be excited if you did get one :woo: you should also follow me (please don't judge my tweets if you do though, I tend to tweet at odd times of the night...about odd things (mainly Glee at the moment it's fair to say)

Spoiler

I know, I love that this thread is so positive, it's always good to come here :woo: I was listening to SOWK while out today. I was also listening to Misery on the bus and started bopping my head like Blaine. The funniest thing was when I had my hands full of shopping in 20 degree heat, my ipod on Glee shuffle and Baby It's Cold Outside came on :rofl: I had no hands free to change it so I was listening to Christmas songs on the hottest day of the year. SOWK sounds even better outside in my opinion.

I was the same with my literature knowledge-I was taught at home for most of secondary school so didn't have to follow the curriculum or sit exams so I focussed on my maths rather than english (I wasn't naturally amazing at maths) and just read for pleasure (mainly kids books to be honest, I found them good to unwind with) so when I got to college to do my GCSEs and A Levels everyone had done Shakespeare and loads of other really classic literature and all I'd really studied were things like Jane Eyre. I soon caught up though and when I went to Cambridge I managed to get into Greek literature and medieval literature without having done it before. I always feel stupid with literature though, I tend to go into exams thinking 'what do I actually know about this/how am I going to write an essay on it?' then just write and write. I swear I make most of the things up.

Quick Reply

Latest