Warwick vs UCL for computer science

Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???:confused:

Warwick
UCL
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by patrick ye
Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???

I would pick UCL.

That said, my opinion is almost entirely baseless, so... :rolleyes:

I didn't like Warwick when I visited my brother there, always seemed grey and miserable. Never visited UCL, but London's a great place and I hear the CS department is fantastic.

That said, again, those are my only reasons for my opinion, so I am really well enough informed to have one.
Reply 2
Original post by Fallen
I would pick UCL.

That said, my opinion is almost entirely baseless, so... :rolleyes:

I didn't like Warwick when I visited my brother there, always seemed grey and miserable. Never visited UCL, but London's a great place and I hear the CS department is fantastic.

That said, again, those are my only reasons for my opinion, so I am really well enough informed to have one.

Thank you for your opinion. It's useful for me anyway, :smile:
Reply 3
Pick UCL
Reply 4
Warwick is MUCH better for CS.
The campus is also lovely although Coventry town is a bit ****. But most people stay in lemmington spar after 2nd year i believe which apparently is really nice!
It means you won't have London prices either :wink:
Reply 5
as long as you can afford it, UCL most definitely.
Reply 6
Original post by Thinker03
as long as you can afford it, UCL most definitely.

Could you explain why?:wink:
Reply 7

Could you explain why?:wink:

Sorry I should have explained more.

Warwick is a great university with excellent CS department and reputation, but UCL is better involved with industry & has much better job opportunities. If you're looking for finishing your degree and starting to work (which I assumed that's the case for you) UCL is the right place to be. If you're considering postgraduate research you won't go wrong with either.
Reply 8

Warwick is a great university with excellent CS department and reputation, but UCL is better involved with industry & has much better job opportunities. If you're looking for finishing your degree and starting to work (which I assumed that's the case for you) UCL is the right place to be. If you're considering postgraduate research you won't go wrong with either.

Thank you very much for your explain. I totally agree with your opinion. Yes,Warwick has high quality for academic, but UCL is good at involving with industry and it is more respected and has a good world reputation.
Reply 9

Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???:confused:

Personally I believe our department is better and i love it here..
UCL is the more respected one, plus you will be living in London, which is more diverse and interesting. PLUS, UCL can grant you with more job opportunites within the city and abroad, I should know this, my brother has a secure job with the oil firm Trafigura in Switzerland after he graduates this year.
Reply 11
Original post by Dibs_anim
Personally I believe our department is better and i love it here..

What's your department please? and which univ you are saying?
Reply 12
What's your department please? and which univ you are saying?

Oh sorry forgot to put that in, my dept is CS and i'm at UCL.
Reply 13

They both have highly ranked CS department, and both have great employment prospects -- Warwick has been ranked number 2, only behind Cambridge in High Fliers employment data, and UCL was something like number 4, though the UL data (LSE, Imperial and UCL) were lumped together.

http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf
Reply 14
Original post by Mr. Roxas
They both have highly ranked CS department, and both have great employment prospects -- Warwick has been ranked number 2, only behind Cambridge in High Fliers employment data, and UCL was something like number 4, though the UL data (LSE, Imperial and UCL) were lumped together.

http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf

Woo. Good reference!
Reply 15
up up up
Reply 16
have you decided yet?
personally I would pick UCL (i firmed it :P) because it's well known around the world and as many people said they have good links for industries and I know some people who have been to warwick and said its quite dead, i.e. a glum boring environment and its a pain if you're spending 3-4 years of your life studying there.
London is also a great place but in terms of computer science, UCL has a great department.
Reply 17
Original post by clarityy
have you decided yet?
personally I would pick UCL (i firmed it :P) because it's well known around the world and as many people said they have good links for industries and I know some people who have been to warwick and said its quite dead, i.e. a glum boring environment and its a pain if you're spending 3-4 years of your life studying there.
London is also a great place but in terms of computer science, UCL has a great department.

Thanks. I have firmed UCL. :wink: What's your subject please?
Reply 18
Thanks. I have firmed UCL. :wink: What's your subject please?

computer science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending