The Student Room Group

CS admissions test - UCL

Hi, I've recently been informed that I may need to undertake the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) as a part of the UCL admissions process for Computer Science. This is the first year they are implementing this for candidates. I'm hoping to find some students who may have undertaken the test for other courses in order to get some guidance on how best to revise and prepare- the test is not CS specific, so may well be used by other unis for other courses. Would really appreciate any help people could provide!
Original post by ahana20
Hi, I've recently been informed that I may need to undertake the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test) as a part of the UCL admissions process for Computer Science. This is the first year they are implementing this for candidates. I'm hoping to find some students who may have undertaken the test for other courses in order to get some guidance on how best to revise and prepare- the test is not CS specific, so may well be used by other unis for other courses. Would really appreciate any help people could provide!
Did u hear back from UCL yet?
Reply 2
Original post by Caprisun202
Did u hear back from UCL yet?
Nothing yet- have you?
Original post by ahana20
Nothing yet- have you?
Nope... hopefully soon 😁
Idk if you guys got it yet but me and my friend got an invitation today at 11:30 ish we’re home students both applied with A*A*A just be patient they’re sending them out in blocks you should all hopefully be invited soon if you havnt already
Original post by HaseebAhmad
Idk if you guys got it yet but me and my friend got an invitation today at 11:30 ish we’re home students both applied with A*A*A just be patient they’re sending them out in blocks you should all hopefully be invited soon if you havnt already
hey have u decided how you will revise for the stat exam.?
Original post by Naruto1626
hey have u decided how you will revise for the stat exam.?

Ahaha no clue I mean the email said there’s no like real cramming in revision typa **** it’s either you get the questions or you don’t , the only thing I can recommend is get good at reading, like passages so you can scan information quick and don’t waste time on any question
Original post by HaseebAhmad
Thankss!😁
Anyone done stat how was it?
Guys are there non verbal reasoning questions on the test?

Cos I thought the UCL email only mentioned critical reasoning and quantitative reasoning
Do U think the STAT questions are on the same difficulty lvl as UCAT questions?

UCAT questions are the only ones I can find to practice,other than the sample questions 😭😭

Anyone know any other resources?
too hard to revise for tbh not sure how everyone else did tho
Reply 12
Result are out (24/4/2024), please go back to the page where you took the exam to check, it's a pdf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending