The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU accommodation

Definately looking to stay in halls next year as a fresher at De Montfort... can anyone give me any ideas what the best ones are?? x
Reply 1
Original post by rosek
Definately looking to stay in halls next year as a fresher at De Montfort... can anyone give me any ideas what the best ones are?? x

:hello:victoria is the best hall. believe me or not
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Different halls suit different people. Do you want dirt cheap or luxury? En-suite or shared? Parties or no parties?
As AJWB said, it depends what you're looking for.
I'm staying at Kingfisher Court, and I think it's one of the best ones you can get.
It's ensuite. The rooms are very very spacious compared to Victoria for example :tongue: and spacious kitchen with a communal area. It's just behind the Student Union, so only takes bout 3 mins to get to most of the buildings :smile:
Reply 4
yeah as algeri said. it depends on your budget and the way you want to live. But i have seen most of the people are going for gresvenor house this year. though don't know why. as a first year student can any body comment on gresvenor?
Reply 5
Gresvenor? Grosvenor...I am here now. All the Halls have there own good points or bad points, and from what I have seen you will be ok wherever you are. Your home is what you make of it, no matter where you are.

Grosvenor is close to the city centre so no long walks back (Filbert Village, Liberty) and is also close to the Uni. Best of both worlds. It is along a main road, but you get used to that.
Reply 6
thanks guys! well i want quite a social hall, but one thats not sharing with too many people, as ive heard when theres lots to one flat it can get a bit bitchy ! I was shown around newarke on an open day and it looked quite nice, plus its right next to the fletcher building which is where my course is. does anyone have any opinions on that one? x
Reply 7
I had friends in Newarke and they loved it =D
Tbh it does really depend on what you want.
But I think its one of the better ones.
That and Victoria (:
Reply 8
they all have there good and bad points. newarke point is good but can be expensive. in new wharf, although it is shared toilets and showers there are plenty of them per flat plus you get a cleaner who cleans them on a regular basis- the rooms are a good size aswell, and if your lucky you will get a room overlooking the canal and the park opposite. bede has alot of people per flat but theres also a bit of a community in the halls as a result, and it has its own little green which is good when its sunny. liberty park and filbert village are of a good standard and theres plenty of parties goes on but they are a little further fromk the campus (bout 5 minute walk) and are also good if you join the rowing club because its on the other side of the canal. however if you get a flat/ room that looks into the courtyard it can be noisy when folk are comin back from a night out. filbert can also be pricey however- just depends on your budget. benjamin russell and kingfisher court are the closest to the uni. victoria and grosvenor are also quite plesent. and a word of advice about the fletcher building: im doing architecture so im on the ground floor along with interior design and product design so its not too bad but if you are doing a course like graphics or game art design then your goin to be near the top of the tower and the lifts are always crammed on a morning start or out of order half the time so get used to climbing the stairs or get there a little bit early beat the crowd
Reply 9
Join the "De Montfort freshers 2011/2012" where live debates are going on about best accommodation. might be useful
I'm not trying to scare you... but I have a friend who lived in Newarke Point (a studio) and was burgled once, her and someone else who lived near her. She hasn't lived there since but they still charge her!
The key fob system is very bad. If the battery is taken of the reader pad, the door is opened automatically.
Reply 11
does anyone have any opinions on what the best floor/flat and stuff is at Newarke? or any opinions on Kingfisher Court?? I went to apply today but got to scared and cancelled it, aaah im finding it so hard to choose ! xx
Original post by rosek
does anyone have any opinions on what the best floor/flat and stuff is at Newarke? or any opinions on Kingfisher Court?? I went to apply today but got to scared and cancelled it, aaah im finding it so hard to choose ! xx

Hi, well what could be a good floor now may not be a good floor come the next intake. Its all about making the experience the best you can, with the people whom you shall be sharing yr flat/floor/halls with.

Kingfisher is quiet, if its the quiet your after then this will be for you. x
Reply 13
Hey Algerie!! Im staying at Kingfisher too :wink: which unit are u at?

Original post by algérie_mon_amour
As AJWB said, it depends what you're looking for.
I'm staying at Kingfisher Court, and I think it's one of the best ones you can get.
It's ensuite. The rooms are very very spacious compared to Victoria for example :tongue: and spacious kitchen with a communal area. It's just behind the Student Union, so only takes bout 3 mins to get to most of the buildings :smile:
Original post by ashky
Hey Algerie!! Im staying at Kingfisher too :wink: which unit are u at?

You have definitely made a wise decision :smile:
Sorry, but What do you mean by 'unit'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending