The Student Room Group

De Montfort University Open Day - What to expect when you visit our university

Hi! I’m Maddie :hello:and I am a second year Health and well-being student at De Montfort University.

I just wanted to share about our Open Days at DMU as I think they’re essential for when deciding which university is best for you :yep: and allows us as a university to give you a snippet of what it’s like to be a student with us!

It was DMU’s Open Day that made me put DMU as my first choice on UCAS because I could see myself as a student here; thriving in both my studies :smartass:and social life :grouphugs:. I know I am a DMU student, but I was in the same position as yourselves a few years ago…

So What are Open Days?
Open Days are a regular event at our university throughout the year and our next one is already available to book on our website for Saturday 18th November (you can click here to book)

Just a few reasons why you should come and visit us :smile:

1. Getting your questions answered
You probably have lots of questions about university :question: as it’s a whole new exciting experience :banana: and the best way to get the correct answers is asking the university itself! On Open Day we have a wealth of academics available as well as experienced students who will gladly answer any burning questions you might have whether this is about courses, campus, accommodation, Leicester itself we are all happy to help and available. Try and write your questions down, you don't want to forget on the day!

2. Course Talks

On Open Day we have various talks available from the courses we provide at DMU (here is a list of our Undergraduate courses that we offer) By listening to these talks you can get a better understanding of the course, the modules taught within, facilities available, the valuable skills you will gain and the possible career paths and just many more. I'd say that these talks are key to an Open Day. Also regarding the courses listen to what is taught within the courses as usually universities will offer the same course but differ on modules and this can make a certain course more engaging, and related to a career aspect.

3. Seeing our beautiful campus

One way to have an idea of what it’s like to be a student at DMU is looking at our campus. Throughout the day campus tours are available and delivered by our experienced Student Ambassadors. :party: You can explore our beautiful campus with the highlights being my personal favourites the library, the sports centre, the student union building, accommodation and don’t forget our balcony located in the Vijay Patel Building. Here is a link to our website where we talk more about our campus. If you can’t make our Open Days we do offer campus tours in the week and you can click here to book. Also if you sadly can’t meet us in person we do offer a virtual tour and you can click here to book it’s not the same as being here in person but a good alternative if you can’t make it. :smile:

4. Leicester itself

As you’re in the heart of Leicester :heart: our multicultural city centre why not explore our student city as it is just a 10-minute walk from our campus. Whether it is to look for places to eat:eating:, shop, potential jobs and just a general tour I think it’s crucial to know what’s around you especially if Leicester will become your new home for the next few years (and for me it was a good excuse to treat myself to some well-deserved lunch!)

5. General Information

If you are struggling to get here for Open Day (as said above) we do offer campus tours in the week as well as our virtual tours. In addition we can offer money off your journey and to look at this further please click here and scroll down a little.

Regarding travel, our main car park is LE2 7DP and if full you will be directed to our nearest pay and display at LE2 7AD. :auto:
If arriving by train:train2: there will be staff to greet you and can direct you to our free shuttle busses that are available every 20 minutes from the station to campus (operating from 8:30 am - 15: 45 pm)

I hope you have all found this information helpful, and I will hopefully see you at our next Open Day on Saturday November 18th!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you
-Maddie :heart:
(edited 6 months ago)
Our Open Day is less than a week away and there is still plenty of time to book on our website if you are interested in visiting us! Our next Open Day is November 18th and here is a link to our website to book your place.

https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/open-days/university-open-day-booking-webform.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending