The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
Except iPhone customers tend to happily pull out a few quid for an app vs android users who don't. They spend a heck of a lot more and they have gazillions of accessories.

Android has the issue of maintaining quality and compatibility across a range of specced devices. So on the whole imo the apps on iOS run better as they are optimised. But there are a load of functional apps you wont see on iOS, like recently when I was looking for a text message based app to bring my phone out of silent mode so I can find it. This isn't possible on iOS as it's locked. There lots of other quirky apps which are really useful on Android.

Completely agree! I have that app...the amount of times I lose my phone and it's hidden under a pile of clothes is ridiculous. Plus of course, we get widgets :colone:
Original post by bigmo7
Do you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 OSF? I tried flashing CM7 only to get an error everytime I try...I'm thinking it might be down to the different generations. :K:

I have an OLED one, though this shouldn't make a difference. What error have you got?

Except iPhone customers tend to happily pull out a few quid for an app vs android users who don't. They spend a heck of a lot more and they have gazillions of accessories.

Android has the issue of maintaining quality and compatibility across a range of specced devices. So on the whole imo the apps on iOS run better as they are optimised. But there are a load of functional apps you wont see on iOS, like recently when I was looking for a text message based app to bring my phone out of silent mode so I can find it. This isn't possible on iOS as it's locked. There lots of other quirky apps which are really useful on Android.

That's awesome, what's it called
Reply 4723
Original post by Mad Vlad
I have an OLED one, though this shouldn't make a difference. What error have you got?

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/337423/cant-flash-cm7/#entry1671996

Edit: NVM installed CMW 3 and it's just worked :crazy:
(edited 13 years ago)

Excellent.

I had the same problem. The new clockwork mod recovery and ROM manager is excellent!
Reply 4725
Excellent.

I had the same problem. The new clockwork mod recovery and ROM manager is excellent!

I can't believe I overlooked it tbh. Really annoyed with myself now, spent nearly 2 hours on this! At least it's sorted :p:
Original post by bigmo7
I can't believe I overlooked it tbh. Really annoyed with myself now, spent nearly 2 hours on this! At least it's sorted :p:

When I discovered why it wasn't working - I kicked myself. I knew that I needed to update Clockwork before I did it, but I for whatever reason... forgot. Thankfully, I had backed up my old ROM.
Reply 4727
When I discovered why it wasn't working - I kicked myself. I knew that I needed to update Clockwork before I did it, but I for whatever reason... forgot. Thankfully, I had backed up my old ROM.

I'm glad I got it sorted, CM7 looks so sweet! I want it on my Galaxy S now! :biggrin:
Original post by bigmo7
I'm glad I got it sorted, CM7 looks so sweet! I want it on my Galaxy S now! :biggrin:

It's excellent. :awesome:

I'm still repeatedly putting the phone to sleep and waking it up to see the cool old school CRT switch off/on effect. :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
would you pump your dad to save your mums life? She's getting pumped by gorrillas and thrown into a volcano.

I don't see how hypothetically performing a sexual act on my father, whilst my mother was hypothetically having things done to her by a gorilla, would save her life
Original post by ilovemygirl0489
I don't see how hypothetically performing a sexual act on my father, whilst my mother was hypothetically having things done to her by a gorilla, would save her life

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas any more... :erm:

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas any more... :erm:

:rofl: you're funny, soundest mod i've met.
Original post by ilovemygirl0489
:rofl: you're funny, soundest mod i've met.

I try :awesome:

Copypasta'd into the wrong thread? :laugh:
Original post by wizard710
That's awesome, what's it called

I'm using Where's my Droid. It works great and you can set any magic word to set it off.
Original post by Bobifier

Original post by Bobifier
What is it that iPhone apps have over Android apps? I keep hearing all over the place that iPhone app market is better, but I have never been entirely certain in what way. I have been told that the iPhone has better games, which is fair enough, but aside from them what advantages does it really have? I sometimes can't help but feel it's one of those things that people say without actually knowing whether it's true or anything about it.

The apps have a certain polish or sheen to them that isn't seen on a lot of Android applications. Don't get me wrong, I love Android and I'm on stock 2.3.3 right now, however when looking at the iPhone and the overall package (build (aesthetics), screen quality, and the quality (again, aesthetics) of the applications, it looks a little better than the average spec'd Android phone.

Of course, you have a closed ecosystem to thank for that. When developing for Android, you have to take into account that all of the phones wont' b able to run your game if you make them too high of a quality. To comfortably play "every" game out there, you're going to have to have something with a 1ghz processor and 512mb of RAM minimum (IMO). With iPhone, everything's "the same" so you don't really have to worry about it.
yesssss Android ftw :afro:

I've been using it for 2 years now (had the HTC Hero and now I have the Desire Z)
Reply 4736
It's excellent. :awesome:

I'm still repeatedly putting the phone to sleep and waking it up to see the cool old school CRT switch off/on effect. :redface:

Yeah that was pretty awesome, I kept doing that too...my Dad wasn't all too impressed though :mmm:

Btw how many applications do you use roughly? We found that the phone kept going in an endless loop every time we restored all the backed up stuff though Titanium. Not sure if it was to do with not enough space on the internal SD or whether it was just a system app that was going wrong...
Anyone played Link It Lite? It's a mind ****. Great puzzle though. :sexface:
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah that was pretty awesome, I kept doing that too...my Dad wasn't all too impressed though :mmm:

Btw how many applications do you use roughly? We found that the phone kept going in an endless loop every time we restored all the backed up stuff though Titanium. Not sure if it was to do with not enough space on the internal SD or whether it was just a system app that was going wrong...

In my app drawer, I have about 60 apps. I also had a couple of problems with Titanium, actually. One force close and it hung reinstalling an app (though I don't recall which). Killed it using Advanced Task Killer and retried - and it worked properly.
Reply 4739
In my app drawer, I have about 60 apps. I also had a couple of problems with Titanium, actually. One force close and it hung reinstalling an app (though I don't recall which). Killed it using Advanced Task Killer and retried - and it worked properly.

I think it needs a repartition of the internal SD since we moved from Japanese Jellyfish. It's working now which is the main thing, only other thing is it needs a battery calibration; barely lasts through the day atm.

edit: 8000th post :king1: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending