The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Didnt see a thread for it so decided to create one

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tkoki1993

Didnt see a thread for it so decided to create one

Do you have all the f335 papers by the way?
Reply 2
Original post by jam277
Do you have all the f335 papers by the way?

I have from Jan 02 - Jun 08. Dont have any of the new syllabus papers
To anyone who's willing to reply:

What's the topic you're finding the most challenging? How did you do in january?
Reply 4
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
To anyone who's willing to reply:

What's the topic you're finding the most challenging? How did you do in january?

For me it HAS to be all the entropy and stuff... I did alright in Jan got 80% in F334.... quite happy about it as its my first A in Chemistry but im going to retake it anyway
For me it HAS to be all the entropy and stuff... I did alright in Jan got 80% in F334.... quite happy about it as its my first A in Chemistry but im going to retake it anyway

The entropy calculations and what not? Do you do maths?
Reply 6
The entropy calculations and what not? Do you do maths?

Yeah I do. I can do the calculations... I think but I just dont really know what the calculations are telling me. Its just a case of me having to just sit down and LEARN the concepts. Finished the syllabus in class now, I'm just working through the revision guide to refresh my memory then i'm gonna start exam questions
Reply 7

I have from Jan 02 - Jun 08. Dont have any of the new syllabus papers

after getting 65/120 i think i need all the practice papers i can get. To think that i was thinking of getting an A* as well.
Reply 8
Original post by jam277
after getting 65/120 i think i need all the practice papers i can get. To think that i was thinking of getting an A* as well.

you've done the exam already?
Reply 9

you've done the exam already?

Nope. I did a practise paper.
Reply 10
Original post by jam277
Nope. I did a practise paper.

Thats pretty good for a first ever paper. PLUS we've got 6 weeks till the exam.. A LOT of improvement can be made
Original post by jam277

Which paper did you get that mark on?
Reply 12

Which paper did you get that mark on?

june 2010. I don't know the grade boundaries because ocr website is down.
Reply 13
Does any one have any idea why F335 is before F334?
Reply 14

Does any one have any idea why F335 is before F334?

Nope. I heard F334 is harder though, didn't seem like it, but i have to resit since i need an A :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by jam277
Nope. I heard F334 is harder though, didn't seem like it, but i have to resit since i need an A :frown:

I found F334 harder, theres A LOT more new content. F335 is more synoptic
Reply 16

I found F334 harder, theres A LOT more new content. F335 is more synoptic

Yeah, I'm a bit iffy on the chromophore stuff. I'm scared since these are my last exams.
Reply 17
Original post by jam277
Yeah, I'm a bit iffy on the chromophore stuff. I'm scared since these are my last exams.

You just need to know that the part of the molecule that causes the colour is the chromophore. Its probably worth just memorising that definition. I dont think it gets any more difficult than that
Reply 18

You just need to know that the part of the molecule that causes the colour is the chromophore. Its probably worth just memorising that definition. I dont think it gets any more difficult than that

Yeah i think so, Though in the CGP book it talks about the delocalised system and how the larger the system the lower the frequency of electromagnetic radiation absorbed.
I saw that in the paper as well.
Reply 19
How much of F335 (the exam) is synoptic and how much is new stuff? I mean is it a 50:50 split or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending