The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Biology A Paper 1 (H420/01) - 5th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.

Date of exam: 5th June 2024
Time: PM, 2hrs 15 mins
Modules in Paper: Practical Skills in Biology; Foundations in Biology; Exchange and Transport; Communication, Homeostasis and Energy

How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

Good luck! Click here to find exam discussions for other A Level subjects!
Original post by emm4nuella
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck.
Modules in Paper: Practical Skills in Biology; Foundations in Biology; Exchange and Transport; Communication, Homeostasis and Energy
How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

@Pwca
Reply 2

my least favourite part of this paper has to be module 5. I'm aiming for a B but i've only recently started revising the content so I'm cramming everything. anyone made predictions yet? also is it possible to learn all the content for module 6 in one week?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Anyone got exam predictions yet?
waiting for some topic predictions 🙏 revision is getting tough
Original post by mo05
my least favourite part of this paper has to be module 5. I'm aiming for a B but i've only recently started revising the content so I'm cramming everything. anyone made predictions yet? also is it possible to learn all the content for module 6 in one week?

you could do, but it's very difficult. wouldn't recommend it, maybe do some spaced revision so you remember it
Does anyone have any techniques they've found helpful for module 5?
Reply 7

After doing the 2023 mocks i'm hella concerned bout A-levels bro this stuff ain't easyyyyy!!!
Does anyone have primrose kitten predicted paper for 24
Reply 9
I would not recommend it because module 6 is a lot for understanding rather than memory, I'd say learn two topics each week and also review the other module so you don't forget those.
Hi guys. what do you use for revision? does anyone have any recommend YouTube channels?
I've made most of my notes except for topic 6 as its my least fave. But I used the study hive a lot. Their notes are very central around the spec and tricky topics like resp are explained well. I've favoured making my notes from them in lieu of pmt etc who can give too much info sometimes. Here's a link! https://www.thesciencehive.co.uk/ocr-biology-a-level
Also bio by rach on YT is really good too, if you need someone to explain rather than understand through notes.

YT - biorach
Notes - study hive
Original post by tadn12
After doing the 2023 mocks i'm hella concerned bout A-levels bro this stuff ain't easyyyyy!!!

I think the paper 3 was the hardest - that Hox gene 6 marker and some of the resp questions were solid!
What's your favourite module/sub-topic? I think for me its got to be mod 5 - I quite like the content covered in it since a lot of it has processes or 'this happens then this happens' which I like. My favourite topic is probs 5.3 because again processes processes
Not a fan of mod 6 tho (:
Original post by starmoon_
Hi guys. what do you use for revision? does anyone have any recommend YouTube channels?

something i found crazy helpful was doing past paper and checking examiner comments and also watching youtube walkthroughs - mr murrays quite good. he explains the though process of how to gte to the answr
Original post by School):
Does anyone have primrose kitten predicted paper for 24

Does anyone have 2023 paper wanna do them for revision my school arent sharing them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending