The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toph
I love The Sting. I really like where the writer is going with that story. I think I fancy Puck more in that story than I do in the actual show... I love how deeply he cares for Kurt even though I'm thoroughly confused about his sexuality.

I really hope they do explore their relationship further in that sense. It's true about Britanna but you know society and it's double standards. No one bats an eye lid when they see two girls kiss.

You like Chryed and The Sting? :eek3: I think I love you! :tongue:

Spoiler

Oh don't get me started... two girls together is titillating for men but put two guys together and everyone's like OMG! It also drives me mad that people are always trying to make one of the males in a gay relationship into a female. You don't really see that in lesbian relationships. It really upsets me actually, mostly because hetronormalising gay relationships implies there's something intrinsically inferior about being female and there isn't and ugh, gay men are not women! /incoherent rant

I should be on bed!

Night guys! Xx
(edited 13 years ago)
^In* :facepalm:
Reply 3342
Original post by e hine e
I can't believe BTW is later today now :woo: okay, it's actually wednesday morning but it's really tuesday. Can't flipping wait, will sleep as long as possible tomorrow so I have to wait less time for it.

I know! I can't wait but I have school tomorrow :grumble: so I'll have to wait until after :sad:
:sad: no BTW for moi. Aw well, sixth form tomorrow anyway so maybe it's for the best? Still crap though!
I have a feeling something is happening today

:party:

Original post by tamii05
I know! I can't wait but I have school tomorrow :grumble: so I'll have to wait until after :sad:

I've actually been wondering whether to just go to bed tonight then when I wake in the morning the episode will be there all advert-less and in high quality but I'm paranoid that it won't get uploaded then I'll have to wait until it airs plus I know that by the time tonight comes I won't be able to wait :woo: don't know what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by diamonddust
I don't even think *Puck* knows what's going on! He's sort of compartmentalised things in his head, he's this badass who is straight but also loves Kurt and it's really lovely to see his feelings for Kurt grow with each chapter. Damn if it isn't confusing though! I really want them to 'come out' and admit they're in a relationship! I really love that Puck, he's amazing! 'Brain damage' keeps making me laugh!

Oh don't get me started... two girls together is titillating for men but put two guys together and everyone's like OMG! It also drives me mad that people are always trying to make one of the males in a gay relationship into a female. You don't really see that in lesbian relationships. It really upsets me actually, mostly because hetronormalising gay relationships implies there's something intrinsically inferior about being female and there isn't and ugh, gay men are not women! /incoherent rant

I should be on bed!

Night guys! Xx

My mum is actually one of the annoying ones that puts the male/female in lesbian relationships. She even said to me once 'if they want a masculine woman why don't they just get a man?' so I said if she was attracted to feminine men would a woman be an adequate replacement. That seemed to get the message across. Ellen Degeneres too-if you look at youtube videos a lot are asking why she dresses like a man/has short hair like a man and is the man in the relationship. I just :facepalm: at everyone. If people can start seeing gay relationships as two equals it could do wonders for straight relationships and women in general I think.

I feel left out because I've never watched Chryed (Eastenders is too depressing for me) I did start watching Coronation Street for the Sophie/Sian relationship though, there has to be someone here who watches that...surely? Plus now they have the Sean character getting back with an ex and the scenes they did on Sunday had so much chemistry (for me).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3346

Spoiler

wtf when does this happen?? You could have at least spoilered it...
Original post by ily_em
wtf when does this happen?? You could have at least spoilered it...

It's not an episode, it's fanfic and I didn't think it needed spoilers because as far as I'm aware no-one else reads that fic apart from Toph and I. :s-smilie: I'm so sorry, got carried away with gushing. I'll go edit it now. Sorry! :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3348
I'm so sorry, got carried away with gushing. I'll go edit it now. Sorry! :redface:

'tis ok! Is it later on in the series then? Never thought it would happen...
Original post by ily_em
'tis ok! Is it later on in the series then? Never thought it would happen...

Oh no, it's only fanfiction, haha! I don't think Puck/Kurt will *ever* happen on the show, nor do I want them to. :tongue: I just think they're an interesting couple in the fic I was talking about. :smile: The convo started because someone said they'd seen Kurt paired with everyone in fanfiction. :teehee:
I'm trying to keep calm for later but it's not working. I have no idea how they're fitting everything in the episode

Spoiler

Reply 3351
Oh no, it's only fanfiction, haha! I don't think Puck/Kurt will *ever* happen on the show, nor do I want them to. :tongue: I just think they're an interesting couple in the fic I was talking about. :smile: The convo started because someone said they'd seen Kurt paired with everyone in fanfiction. :teehee:

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh :getmecoat: That makes much more sense now! I thought it was in the show :rofl:
Reply 3352
I'm trying to keep calm for later but it's not working. I have no idea how they're fitting everything in the episode

Spoiler

BTW is 90 minutes long according to wikipedia... or do you think that's too short too?
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
BTW is 90 minutes long according to wikipedia... or do you think that's too short too?

I still think it's too short because when the episode is an hour the episode is actually only 43 minutes...which means an extra 30 on the airing time is only an extra 20 minutes. It just seems like they need to do a lot of things

Spoiler

I just really want Kurt's solo to be in full and I know it won't happen because it's too jam packed :cry: why must they always cut down epic numbers??
Reply 3354
I still think it's too short because when the episode is an hour the episode is actually only 43 minutes...which means an extra 30 on the airing time is only an extra 20 minutes. It just seems like they need to do a lot of things

Spoiler

I just really want Kurt's solo to be in full and I know it won't happen because it's too jam packed :cry: why must they always cut down epic numbers??

Oh... wikipedia says that it's 90 minutes instead of the usual 40 minutes :s-smilie: So I assumed the 90 minutes was without ads, like the figure for 40 mins.

edit: oh ok it's 24 mins extra, making it 67 mins total. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_This_Way_(Glee)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ily_em

Original post by ily_em
Oh... wikipedia says that it's 90 minutes instead of the usual 40 minutes :s-smilie: So I assumed the 90 minutes was without ads, like the figure for 40 mins.

edit: oh ok it's 24 mins extra, making it 67 mins total. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_This_Way_(Glee)

Ooh, thanks for that. At least we get over an hour :woo: should be good :biggrin:
I'm rewatching NoN and I actually like it now :rofl: it has a nice feel to it. I suppose it easier to like it now I know there's an episode tonight though and I don't feel like I've been cheated after a 5 week hiatus.
You guys I'm too excited about tonights episode! :woo:
I'm going to try and do lots of work today so this can be my reward :biggrin:
Also...

Spoiler

Original post by Peas and love

Original post by Peas and love
You guys I'm too excited about tonights episode! :woo:
I'm going to try and do lots of work today so this can be my reward :biggrin:
Also...

Spoiler

I know who that is :woo:

I'm excited too but I'm not over excited, I'm trying to keep a lid on it (very difficult, not helped by me deciding to watch Glee videos). I like your idea of doing work so it can be your reward, my idea was to sleep in so the day went faster :rofl: I managed until 11.

Quick Reply

Latest