The Student Room Group

C1 Maths Help

Basically, retaking C1 maths. I was getting 68+/75 on every past paper available but when it came to January 2011 real exam i only got 74/100.

How do i become prepared for another hard paper when all other questions are easy?
Reply 1
Do some solomon papers... they are way harder than the real ones, so it makes the real ones seem easy :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by stjohnpeters
Basically, retaking C1 maths. I was getting 68+/75 on every past paper available but when it came to January 2011 real exam i only got 74/100.

How do i become prepared for another hard paper when all other questions are easy?

same but im not retaking i will be focusing on C2 more
Reply 3
Original post by EM:)
Do some solomon papers... they are way harder than the real ones, so it makes the real ones seem easy :smile:

LEGEND!
Reply 4
Do earlier papers from that exam board. Usually some of the content has been taken out/added so it'll help you develop a wider understanding of each topic you do questions on :smile:
Reply 5

To reinforce the point, Solomon papers make the actually exam seem so easy. Go over each individual topic in detail, then try Solomon papers, and once you have done all of them, do a few of the standard papers, and the difference in difficulty is pleasantly surprising :smile:
Well, keep the majority of your focus on C2 and aim for 90+ and you can still easily achieve an overall A.
Reply 7

Original post by Jampolo
To reinforce the point, Solomon papers make the actually exam seem so easy.

What on earth are these Solomon papers of which you speak? :holmes:

(Not, I hasten to add, that I need C1 maths help. But I've never heard of a Solomon paper before in my life.)
Reply 8
Original post by kerily
What on earth are these Solomon papers of which you speak? :holmes:

(Not, I hasten to add, that I need C1 maths help. But I've never heard of a Solomon paper before in my life.)

They are just like mock papers, but they are a lot harder than the real things. My teacher gave me a booklet of them but I'm sure you could find them on the internet :smile:
Reply 9
You can find them at http://mathsjoint.webs.com/ in the resources section if you want. Just sign up for free!
Reply 10
Yhh I Would do Solomon papers but when I reach Question 4 On Solomon Papers I give up. Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending