The Student Room Group

20 days to revise for ONE exam...final year of Uni..is it possible?

And it's not really revisng, but actually learning it all for the FIRST tme! :frown:

Have I left it too late to get a 2.1?

I know I should not be wasting time asking this, but an extra 2 minutes posting this isn't going to hurt I guess!

I just want some reassurance that it is STILL possible to get my revision done for this exam, when I have less than 3 weeks! :frown:
im doing GCSE can u help me i dont no whether to make notes or read books. What did u get in gcse and how did u revise. How do u revise now? PS u have enough time
Reply 2
Easy! Most people i know gave themselves 1 week to revise and you've got nearly 3! When you say learnign not revising... you did go to lectures right?
Reply 3
Original post by 1996student
im doing GCSE can u help me i dont no whether to make notes or read books. What did u get in gcse and how did u revise. How do u revise now? PS u have enough time

Try out different methods. I'm doing my GCSEs and I'm about half way in, and I've found that listening to some classical or jazz music, or watching the PMQs (:rofl3:) helps me learn, and revise.
of course you have enough time! you have ONE exam! i'm in my second year of 4, doing an undergrad masters, i have 4 exams having already done 4, and one of them is impossible and worth 80% of the module and i have to get minimum 50% (doesnt sound much but they're bleeding difficult) in every single module to go to america in my third year. i also have to complete an entire (10 week) module in the next 3 weeks before exams along with 3 pieces of coursework, one of them a 2500 word scientific report on data to be taken over the coming weeks, alongside revision.

if i can do that, and some of it, yes, it's more learning than revising, then you can definitely do one exam in 20 days. motivation enough for you there? :tongue:
Reply 5
I've had to learn an entire module overnight on more than one occasion. Of course it's possible.
Reply 6
If you can actually ignore all distractions and revise like mad for three weeks you'll be fine :smile:

If you leave it any longer well.. not so much :/
Reply 7
Original post by dsmtrst
Easy! Most people i know gave themselves 1 week to revise and you've got nearly 3! When you say learnign not revising... you did go to lectures right?

No I haven't been to any lectuares becuse of various health problems!
Are you joking? 3 weeks, one exam?

I have 10 days to learn 6 exams..
Reply 9
Original post by freakingout!
No I haven't been to any lectuares becuse of various health problems!

For most of my exams I hadn't looked at at the work since the lectures so it felt like I was learning not revising but the lecture notes were a massive help. If you have the lecture notes (either photocopied off friends or given to you by the lecturers as they must know about your health problems) then you should be fine . In my final year I had just over 3 weeks for 3 exams.
Reply 10
Im having an anxiety attack...I just don't think 18 days is possible tbh.... :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by freakingout!
Im having an anxiety attack...I just don't think 18 days is possible tbh.... :frown:

You need to stop panicking - really. You have plenty of time.

If you must panic, try and give yourself a time limit. So think to yourself, right I'm going to spend the next 5 minutes thinking about how impossible it all is, and then I'll actually get on and do it.

Your task is totally doable. Most people have had FAR bigger tasks to get through and been fine. Make sure you understand what the exam will involve - what proportion everything is, and then divide up your time accordingly. Oh, and don't learn more than you have to. If you're going to have a choice of say 6 essays and you have to pick 2, then don't bother learning all the topics - just learn 3 or 4 of them (of course, depending on the topic to essay choice ratio).

Also, go to bed.
Reply 12
Think of it this way. If you can do just 4 hours of solid revision a day, you can do 72 hours in 18 days. That's plenty. Even for someone who hasn't been learning throughout the year, I suppose.
Are you kidding me? I revised for 3 days for one of my final year exams and got 68 on it (albeit I did go to the lectures). Not advisable, it totally killed me and I could have done better, but you have time.

Not going to the lectures is far from ideal but if you have decent notes and can access all the past papers then a 2.1 is not out of reach. Having to research and learn more by yourself also has the advantage of making your work stand out, but it does obviously take more time. You just gotta do the work, panicking won't help at all. If you don't have good notes from the lectures try and get them asap.
(edited 12 years ago)
3 weeks? I'd be upset if I didn't get a first with that long to revise.
But remember 'A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory'. Convince yourself it can be done and focus, do not doubt yourself and do not waste time worrying.
I've got 10 days to revise for an exam, and know right now no matter how much I revise it wont go in. Unless I stay up all of the previous night of the exam revising then it is more accessible in my memory and will be able to pass my exam.

Depends on different people, good luck with your exam anyway.
Lol I'm giving myself 6 days to revise for my other Uni exam. And there's stuff I need to learn for the first time for that as well.

Atm I'm supposed to be too busy writing my dissertation to revise. As you can see, clearly, by the fact I'm on TSR. :p:
You will be fine. I don't have much time either. In 2 weeks i have cell bio and medical microbiology (havn't revised those yet) the week after that is disorders of cells and tissues, and medical biochem, then a week later qualitative and quantitative methods.

Im sure I can do it, and im sure that you can do it.
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending