The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by wanderlust.xx

So, what does this mean for relations between Pakistan and America? America need Pakistan to fight these insurgents in Afghanistan, and certainly won't be able to do it with an entire country sitting against them.

It seems to me that Obama had a difficult choice to make. On the one hand, he knew where Osama was and could kill the most wanted man alive; on the other, he would risk relations with Pakistan who he definitely needs in the long haul.

Although... does anyone else think that there's a bigger picture to all of this? I mean we had this communist ideology in the latter 1900's which America saw as a threat to their own and they stamped it out, while Britain backed them. We now have another ideology which America sees as a threat and is stamping out, whilst Britain is backing them. Does anyone else see a trend?

The irony is that before it was the US and the Taleban & co against the Soviets.
No it's the Taleban & co vs everyone else.
Britain aren't really involved that much.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 421
Bin Laden is either still alive, or was killed in 2002. I saw 2002 because - http://www.infowars.com/red-alert-government-had-osama-bin-laden-frozen-for-years/ I feel Benazir Bhutto is a very credible source, who was killed campaigning for the Pakistani presidency..

now, he was captured by the CIA and not the military, that makes me weary because the CIA aren't the most trustworthy chaps..
He was buried at Sea.. Sir Menzies Campbell, in his interview with Sky News, went and said that he shouldn't of been executed, because of fear of retaliation through martyrdom, and he shouldn't have been detained in prison because he would order retaliation through martyrdom.. hmm. But being buried at sea by the USA means that his body cannot be autopsied, nor can there be any pics (pics or gtfo hehe).

Obama has now officially said that he is dead, and this allows an influx of mainstream media to flood and dumbdown the population with this absurd news, but most people will never look outside the box..
Obama only exposed it just for more votes
Reply 423
So, what does this mean for relations between Pakistan and America? America need Pakistan to fight these insurgents in Afghanistan, and certainly won't be able to do it with an entire country sitting against them.

It seems to me that Obama had a difficult choice to make. On the one hand, he knew where Osama was and could kill the most wanted man alive; on the other, he would risk relations with Pakistan who he definitely needs in the long haul.

Although... does anyone else think that there's a bigger picture to all of this? I mean we had this communist ideology in the latter 1900's which America saw as a threat to their own and they stamped it out, while Britain backed them. We now have another ideology which America sees as a threat and is stamping out, whilst Britain is backing them. Does anyone else see a trend?

The USA will try and take control over Pakistan's nuclear capabilities, perhaps.
I hate conspiracy theroists. OP he was only killed yesterday thye arnt going to release pictures yet
Original post by Tutankhamark
Someone's gonna be shocked that he DOESN'T have a bunch of virgins waiting for him, but instead will be rotting in hell forever!

Or a bunch of these guys lol

Reply 426
Original post by Planar
I heard the US authorities had the body

'US officials say Osama bin Laden's swift burial complies with Islamic custom, although burial at sea is uncommon for Muslims'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/bin-laden-body-buried-sea

another failed cover up the US of A
Original post by Drewski
Let's hope it's not a red herring!

hahaa yhh let's hope it's not :tongue:
Reply 428
Original post by NGC773
I hate conspiracy theroists. OP he was only killed yesterday thye arnt going to release pictures yet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/bin-laden-body-buried-sea

I make it my duty to educate stupid people. You sir, have just been enlightened.

mans b hating
(edited 12 years ago)
Why did they dump the body in the sea? I can sense a conspiracy theory...
Reply 430
Anyone who isn't whipped into a frenzy right now knows this kill means little in the grand scheme of things. Terrorism is mental and emotional. No matter who you catch or kill who is 'in charge' there will always be someone else standing in the wings waiting.

Hell...Bin Laden being dead doesn't matter since those fighting for him most likely never met him. It is an ideology they are fighting for. Their reasons will change now sure...perhaps with more vigor since their martyr has been assasinated by the US.
Reply 431
Original post by Jampolo
Bin Laden is either still alive, or was killed in 2002. I saw 2002 because - http://www.infowars.com/red-alert-government-had-osama-bin-laden-frozen-for-years/ I feel Benazir Bhutto is a very credible source, who was killed campaigning for the Pakistani presidency..

now, he was captured by the CIA and not the military, that makes me weary because the CIA aren't the most trustworthy chaps..
He was buried at Sea.. Sir Menzies Campbell, in his interview with Sky News, went and said that he shouldn't of been executed, because of fear of retaliation through martyrdom, and he shouldn't have been detained in prison because he would order retaliation through martyrdom.. hmm. But being buried at sea by the USA means that his body cannot be autopsied, nor can there be any pics (pics or gtfo hehe).

Obama has now officially said that he is dead, and this allows an influx of mainstream media to flood and dumbdown the population with this absurd news, but most people will never look outside the box..

You need to look on Twitter then
Reply 432
Original post by pamgrace7
without Jesus he is with Jesus he will live forever

Will he be alright without Joe pesci?
Reply 433
Original post by Aj12
You need to look on Twitter then

My fb tells me enough :tongue:
Original post by Hamesh
The USA will try and take control over Pakistan's nuclear capabilities, perhaps.

I don't know... it seems unlikely. Any large scale "take over" of any country, even with such a shaky reputation, would require either a reactive strike (ie making it look like Pakistan hit first) rather than a pre-emptive one.

It seems more and more likely that if Pakistan remain as uncooperative and as ridiculously inefficient as they were with Osama (seriously, beside a military academy :facepalm2: ) then it just makes the Americans that much more irritated that so much **** seems to be coming from one place, and will eventually just go, "**** it, we're taking them." This is just as unlikely, but if it were to happen then it'd create a massive ****storm.

Humans are are the architects of their own inevitable destruction unless they decide to unite and realise that the search for alternative planets/extra-terrestrial life/resources is way, way more important than any of this useless arms race 5 year old mentality bull**** that has gotten us literally nowhere.

I mean seriously, when it was announced that Europe were trying to get to the moon I was like :facepalm: ... let's try and either a) sort this planet out or b) write it off as a lost cause and start looking for another one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 435
Original post by ElfishMatt666
Why did they dump the body in the sea? I can sense a conspiracy theory...

Imagine the s***storm it would cause if he was buried somewhere on land, idiots congregating there etc. They could've opted for an unmarked grave but the details could leak.
Original post by Dennn
I don't think it would be as simple as just arresting him as he is likely to be armed. Apparently he was given the opportunity to surrender, but if Osama Bin Laden had a gun and even made the slightest movement I know I'd shoot him.

Well I guess its better arresting someone than giving extremists a reason to go bat-**** on the Western Countries...
Of course Bin Laden didnt die

He never existed to begin with.

(though I wonder what story they are going to pull over peoples eyes about burying him in the sea :lol: time will tell)
Reply 438
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden's death certificate.
Reply 439
Al-Qaeda is like a hydra. You chop one head off and it'll grow another one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending