The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jampolo
I wouldn't say conspiracy, thats just a word given to people who questions things. We dont actually know if he is dead, we just have a whole load of media and propaganda telling us so, and the stupid people just go ahead and believe it

So why do we need proof to prove he is dead? Why would Obama want to make this up? If Osama was to make a video today and say hey guys this is all bull**** it would ruin Obama!
Original post by mevidek
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-killed-on-same-day-as-adolf-hitler-115875-23102243/

I'm glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead, however I highly doubt that this will change anything. Obama will gain support, people will feel like they have had revenge for the bombings, Al-Qaeda may even gain support, and many will fall into a false sense of security. Unfortunately there are many, many more people like him, and all terrorists are the same.

I found the following article quite interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-arab-reaction

Merged into the Osama bin Laden superthread.
Reply 502
Such groups attack when they have sufficient resources and are ready.
The only difference is that next time they bomb something, they'll declare it "in memory of our glorious leader" or some such sappiness.
They would have bombed things even if bin Laden was still alive.

I would not be surprised if the security forces use this as an excuse to mount more pre-emptive strikes though.
Original post by Stringer987
Whats up with all the conspiracy theorys? Cant people just accept he is dead?

People can't accept that he's dead because he is the World Hide and Seek Champion - If OBL can be found then anyone can be found!!
You could have at least spoilered the picture. And btw you're wrong, Osama Bin Laden Died one day after Hitler since Hitler died on the 30th of April not on the 1st of May
Original post by angelbones
Where did you find that picture of me? :wink:

But I'm serious.

Its nothing to worry about. :colondollar:
Reply 506
Jesus Christ, I hate the British. Can't wait to bugger off out this stupid country.

Osama Bin Laden, murderer of thousands of innocent civilians and the cause of the destruction of hundreds of families, the guy behind 9/11, is DEAD. Al Qaeda have lost their leader and suffered a serious blow, and the people who have felt loss may at least feel that some justice has been done. Is the war over? No. Is everything miraculously okay? No. But something important has been accomplished.

And all you pessimistic *******s can do is whine about "ehh it's just a media thing, probably didn't happen :rolleyes:", "there's no proof!" or "how does this help us anyway?" Lighten the hell up, it's not as if we've had much cause for celebration as far as the war goes.
Reply 507
Osama Bin Laden is dead??? :shocked:
I bet a lot of Americans are singing this right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M&feature=player_embedded
Original post by Jampolo
He was killed, then buried. Instantaneously. Donald Trump has requested Osama's birth certificate... hmm i doubt anyone will see that. And if pictures of Osama's body are released, i'll suck you off

His birth certificate has been released. :facepalm:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-04-27-obama-birth-certificate_n.htm
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Its nothing to worry about. :colondollar:

Meh. I'm still going to worry :colondollar:
Ill sure miss his home videos! aha
Why the hell did they throw him in the bloody sea?

That's just going to het up ALL of the conspirists, even I think that's dodgy...
Original post by SauravG
He is dead. No doubt about it. If Obama wasn't sure and he announced it yesterday, Osama would have released a video proof (no matter how good/ill he looked) and made the USA look like idiots.

The doubt is how he died?

He hasn't released a video in years and I believe the last video was fake anyway as the dude in the video pretending to be Osama used the wrong frigging hand to write with lol.

The worlds most wanted terrorist living in a multi-million dollar douse in an area with high military presence (and next to the military academy) and checkpoints, near houses, with no phone line or internet and no one knew he lived here? Sounds fishy to me.

Not only that but the timing of the announcement. Over half way through Obama's term, just before he starts his election campaign, booom, he fulfils a big election pledge: to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden.
If he did it during the election campaign, that would be way too fishy.

If he really was killed yesterday, expect lots of terrorist attacks. I reckon there will be none. I reckon he died of natural causes several years ago (a man of his activity is basically very old at the age of 50 anyway) and al-Qaeda would have accepted his death hence there will be no sudden OMGZZ BOMB THE WEST type mentality among their leaders. What I do expect to see is a lot of news on foiled terrorist attacks.

Overall, I am glad in a way he is dead. Any murderer of any sort doesn't deserve to live in my opinion. But politicians will never tell the truth. Ever.

Imagine that you are the most wanted terorrist in the world, the UN officials have been in search for you for 10+ years, then you hear that the US is giving you a clean slate to start your life with, you have been declared dead so you can now start a new life with a new identity. Would you make a video saying that the US are lying and you are alive or would you relish your freedom? Answer's quite obvious.

Original post by kiseophar
People are so quick to believe everything and question nothing. They're like little puppets.

This is too convenient and out of the blue.

Propaganda for Obama much?

Exactly. Infact, if you think of the mindset of a Briton at the moment, the British have been enjoying the royal wedding this weekend and the far east is aware of this, they won't be very happy about it. To add to it, Obama declares Bin Laden dead on a holiday weekend to give the British something else to celebrate about. The last time the British were this happy with the olympics, we had the 7/7 bombing the next day.

As for the BBC story:
Bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan

Mr Obama said after "a firefight", US forces took possession of the body.

US officials said Bin Laden was shot in the head after resisting.

If there was a firefight, how did the officials then manage to get so close to Osama so as to aim a clean shot at his head?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by angelbones
Meh. I'm still going to worry :colondollar:

Yeah, it is quite worrying though what the taliban could do... especially when we live in a city like this
Reply 516
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Subliminal messaging doesn't work. There has been absolutely no conclusive evidence to suggest it does.

Bloody conspiracy theorists.

You really think subliminal messaging doesn't work? Its in all the blockbuster films and music videos..
Reply 517
Have photos of Osama been released yet? Until then I'm remaining skeptical. Especially since silly Fox News can't even decide who's dead: "Obama Bin Laden was killed today."
Original post by Dekota-XS
Imagine that you are the most wanted terorrist in the world, the UN officials have been in search for you for 10+ years, then you hear that the US is giving you a clean slate to start your life with, you have been declared dead so you can now start a new life with a new identity. Would you make a video saying that the US are lying and you are alive or would you relish your freedom? Answer's quite obvious.

Exactly. Infact, if you think of the mindset of a Briton at the moment, the British have been enjoying the royal wedding this weekend and the far east is aware of this, they won't be very happy about it. To add to it, Obama declares Bin Laden dead on a holiday weekend to give the British something else to celebrate about. The last time the British were this happy with the olympics, we had the 7/7 bombing the next day.

As for the BBC story:

If there was a firefight, how did the officials then manage to get so close to Osama so as to aim a clean shot at his head?

Lucky Shot??
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 519

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending