The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

ECA accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jharvey5
i was thinking that but i ve stayed on a hostel on cowgate 3 times - it was noisy but didnt bother me too much. my other consideration was warrender park crescent which looks really nice and is on a park but i just thought i would rather be right in the centre of everything and that i should stop being seduced by the smell of cold stone and fresh lawn. i thought about flatshare too but it sounds a bit too stressful to organise for my first year - especially with a bunch of people that i ve never met (+ i couldnt really just pop to edinburgh to view places.)
im doing sculpture starting in the second year. yourself?

Warrender Park Crescent looks so nice! Be seduced by the stone and freshly mown grass! No i couldn't really pop into Edinburgh either...I might do some more research into WPC. I'm still not sure about Cowgate though...
I'm doing painting direct into second year as well, doing a foundation in manchester at the mo, what about you?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
Original post by sarahofthenorth
Warrender Park Crescent looks so nice! Be seduced by the stone and freshly mown grass! No i couldn't really pop into Edinburgh either...I might do some more research into WPC. I'm still not sure about Cowgate though...
I'm doing painting direct into second year as well, doing a foundation in manchester at the mo, what about you?

I'm doing my foundation at Loughborough. Is your offer on the condition of getting a merit too?
Oh don't say that cos i had just made up my mind now you're unmaking it. Cowgate is noisy but it is such a good location in terms of everything that you could want to be near. my very presumptious and flawed logic for rejecting WPC went along the lines of thinking that if it is the furthest away from the town and the uni then its likely to be chosen by those who want to be the furthest away from the town and the uni and that kinda put me off.
Reply 22
aha oops in on someone elses account. it is still me honest.
Original post by Dizzeeee
I'm doing my foundation at Loughborough. Is your offer on the condition of getting a merit too?
Oh don't say that cos i had just made up my mind now you're unmaking it. Cowgate is noisy but it is such a good location in terms of everything that you could want to be near. my very presumptious and flawed logic for rejecting WPC went along the lines of thinking that if it is the furthest away from the town and the uni then its likely to be chosen by those who want to be the furthest away from the town and the uni and that kinda put me off.

I just realised that WPC is mainly for postgraduates anyway :frown: My offer's a merit as well yeah! I don't wanna be on Cowgate though, it's good to be near stuff but that's just taking the biscuit! Maybe we should start our own flatshare...
Original post by SquarePegRoundHole
Sorry to hear that, but rejoice in the knowlege that they are very friendly in Scotland (oops, they told me not to tell anyone):biggrin:

Helloo again, just wondering whether your friend has heard about ECA yet??
Reply 25
I just realised that WPC is mainly for postgraduates anyway :frown: My offer's a merit as well yeah! I don't wanna be on Cowgate though, it's good to be near stuff but that's just taking the biscuit! Maybe we should start our own flatshare...

Hey. sorry i don't think i could cope with trying to organise a flatshare in my first year. i ve applied through the edinburgh uni site. Kincaid's first choice, college wynd second and robertsons third. hope you have luck in finding somewhere to live and hopefully see you in september. :smile:
Helloo again, just wondering whether your friend has heard about ECA yet??

Hi, No she is still hanging on waiting the hear - recognising that it is going down to the wire. Fingers crossed it will be +ve news and she can join you in the bun fight for a place to stay :biggrin: I'm sure she will be on board here if it is, but probably doesn't want to tempt fate before then.
Hey. sorry i don't think i could cope with trying to organise a flatshare in my first year. i ve applied through the edinburgh uni site. Kincaid's first choice, college wynd second and robertsons third. hope you have luck in finding somewhere to live and hopefully see you in september. :smile:

cool hope you get Kincaids :smile: yeah will be good :smile:
Original post by SquarePegRoundHole
Hi, No she is still hanging on waiting the hear - recognising that it is going down to the wire. Fingers crossed it will be +ve news and she can join you in the bun fight for a place to stay :biggrin: I'm sure she will be on board here if it is, but probably doesn't want to tempt fate before then.

Wow that's mean! Hope it's good news :smile:
Reply 29
i was thinking that but i ve stayed on a hostel on cowgate 3 times - it was noisy but didnt bother me too much. my other consideration was warrender park crescent which looks really nice and is on a park but i just thought i would rather be right in the centre of everything and that i should stop being seduced by the smell of cold stone and fresh lawn. i thought about flatshare too but it sounds a bit too stressful to organise for my first year - especially with a bunch of people that i ve never met (+ i couldnt really just pop to edinburgh to view places.)
im doing sculpture starting in the second year. yourself?

In exactly the same boat, just had an offer for direct entry into 2nd yr sculpture starting in 2011, but no idea where to stay. Would it be a good idea to go into uni halls for the first year rather then finding a flat share?
Reply 30
Original post by theeoosh
In exactly the same boat, just had an offer for direct entry into 2nd yr sculpture starting in 2011, but no idea where to stay. Would it be a good idea to go into uni halls for the first year rather then finding a flat share?

Edinburgh College of Art and the University of Edinburgh have agreed to merge so the college will be "transferred" into the university. In other words, all staff and students of ECA will be attending the university this September. The merge has already been approved and will take place on 1st of August 2011. It will be as if they're attending the university and so accommodation and distance won't be a problem!

It's all over the news and the internet. Look it up! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey! I have a conditional for Photography at ECA, defered entry for 2012 first year start. Does anyone know if I should still apply for accommodation/SAAS even though I'd be starting next year?
Thanks
x
Original post by RozeeColton
Hey! I have a conditional for Photography at ECA, defered entry for 2012 first year start. Does anyone know if I should still apply for accommodation/SAAS even though I'd be starting next year?
Thanks
x

No. You don't apply to SAAS until the April before your course commences.
Ahh, thank you. Any idea about accommodation?
Original post by RozeeColton
Ahh, thank you. Any idea about accommodation?

Well you shouldn't because you're not going to live there in this forthcoming year, right?

Keep your eyes peeled over the next year as the accommodation system for ECA will presumably change entirely with full integration with UofE's.
Reply 35
Hope you've had some success finding accommodation.

Join this FB group created for all students joining ECA in 2011 to keep up to date on freshers week events, accommodation information, chat to fellow freshers and your Student Union President!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_216959818323721&ap=1
Reply 36
Anyone one know of any uni accommodation that would be a good place to go or any that should be avoided...Have no idea.

Looking for self catered with a shared bathroom.

19 and Hoping to attend ECA studying sculpture direct into the 2nd yr
Hi, sorry I hadn't replied sooner :smile: I was trying to find a flatmate to share with next year as it seemed the best option, but that turned out to be pretty hard, and I think I'm going to go with Portsburgh Court because it's just easier and really close. Have you decided yet?
Reply 38
Quick questions from an international student who needs help with the application!

I am about to apply to the accomodation now (Yes, I know its a bit too late, but I had to wait for my doctor to write me a note, and he forgot.. anyway)

1. When it says: write down you personal ID - do they mean your UCAS ID?
Or if they do mean your birth number; should you write the day,month, and last year + 4 private numbers? It might be an odd question, but we write it the other way around in my country (year, month, day) :wink:

2. When you are going to choose a college; ECA, is not in the list, I guess I should take "None of the above" and then just write the course that I will study at ECA?

Please, answer as soon as possible, I really want to send it in as quickly as possible! :smile:
Thanks!
Hi
Are you talking about university of Edinburgh halls? If you are then I'm not really sure because i applied to unite halls. I would guess it means your ucas number though :smile: hope you get it sorted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending