The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University low student satisfaction

When looking at university rankings Edinburgh has very low student satisfaction ratings compared to other places, I did find another post on here asking about this same issue but it was 5 years ago and people were complaining about lack of mental health support so i was wondering if anything has changed. I am thinking of studying Chemical Engineering but i also want to enjoy my time at university any thoughts anyone?
Original post by Anonymous
When looking at university rankings Edinburgh has very low student satisfaction ratings compared to other places, I did find another post on here asking about this same issue but it was 5 years ago and people were complaining about lack of mental health support so i was wondering if anything has changed. I am thinking of studying Chemical Engineering but i also want to enjoy my time at university any thoughts anyone?

Have you looked at your chosen course on discover uni and looked at the breakdown of satisfaction scores. That might help you understand if the areas that are weaker are areas that you have concerns about
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Infectilion
Discover Uni has my courses student satisfaction at 75% which does sound good right? I was just a bit off put when i saw the rating on the league tables.

75% isn’t amazing but its not terrible either.

have you looked at the breakdown to see which questions are getting low responses?

The league tables will be using slightly older data and will group together a bunch of courses in the subject tables (and all courses in the overall ranking)
Original post by Infectilion
where can I see the breakdown? here is the link if it helps: https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007790/UTCHENMMENG/Full-time/

Scroll down and click on this + sign
IMG_6998.jpeg
it’ll list out the results for the 20+ different questions.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Scroll down and click on this + sign
IMG_6998.jpeg
it’ll list out the results for the 20+ different questions.

I am very interested in Edinburgh's ba fine art course. But I saw 63% overall satisfaction from the course on discoveruni website. Is that close to be bad or worse?
Original post by Cpz
I am very interested in Edinburgh's ba fine art course. But I saw 63% overall satisfaction from the course on discoveruni website. Is that close to be bad or worse?

It depends on what areas scored low, whether those areas are vital for you to thrive and whether ECA has put in place any changes to start addressing those issues.

Look at the full breakdown to see where the lowest results are and then talk to Edinburgh if you have concerns.

NSS scores are really useful but their value is in the details and the conversations and questions they prompt not just a ranking.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
It depends on what areas scored low, whether those areas are vital for you to thrive and whether ECA has put in place any changes to start addressing those issues.
Look at the full breakdown to see where the lowest results are and then talk to Edinburgh if you have concerns.
NSS scores are really useful but their value is in the details and the conversations and questions they prompt not just a ranking.

Thanks a lot to your knowledge, Does ECA still hold a very good reputation in art both domestically and internationally, despite this?
Original post by Cpz
Thanks a lot to your knowledge, Does ECA still hold a very good reputation in art both domestically and internationally, despite this?

Employers don’t look at NSS scores.

They do look at your portfolio of work and your degree classification - so you need to find the course and the place where you personally will thrive.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Employers don’t look at NSS scores.
They do look at your portfolio of work and your degree classification - so you need to find the course and the place where you personally will thrive.

Thank you mate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending