The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Currently downloading Kemono no Souja Erin, since I'm up on campus (having submitted my final assignments, YEAH! :biggrin:). Once that's done, I plan to watch anime solidly until I finally pass that elusive 5 month mark. :p: All this before Aberanime in the evening. :giggle:

One of the best of its broadcast year, in my opinion. Definitely one that deserved more attention than it received.
Original post by Aiko
One of the best of its broadcast year, in my opinion. Definitely one that deserved more attention than it received.

I didn't pick it up when it was airing due to its expected length (I was still funny about that at the time :o:), that and the fact that White Album somehow seemed a better idea at the time. :hmmmm2:

I found out earlier that the former president of Aberanime will be staying with me over the weekend (he's up for the end of year barbecue, and needed somewhere to stay). He's bringing his external hard drive, and is the guy who provided me with most of the anime that I lost when my own hard drive failed, so I'm hoping to at least get Kodomo no Omocha and Romeo no Aoi Sora back. :excited: Any excuse to offload my own recommended series onto another person is good too. :biggrin:
I'm now on episode 4 of Reborn and I must say it's the perfect anime for me so far! Cute and funny and just the right amount of crazy without being wtf :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Moar liek dissss!
Me wants free tentacles <3
Crunchyroll left a TL edit note in the subs for episode 2 of Ore-tachi Ni Tsubasa wa Nai, or at least there was one in HorribleSubs' rip. :giggle:
Reply 765
One piece is a pain to find and download :dry: damn you fanny motion:unimpressed:
Reply 766
Been on a Flame of Recca binge. Read about volumes 4-halfway through 11 since the weekend I think. Another couple of volumes and I should be beyond where the anime got to :awesome:

Also having been so used to being behind on every show, I was shocked to find I was only one week behind today, and that's mainly for episodes released a couple of days ago :zomg: (by contrast I'm still trying to psyche myself up for the final two episodes of madoka)
Reply 767
forgot how pretty macross f was :cry2: can appreciate the nice animation of it all after watching old gundam :3
Reply 768
5 cm per second is so aesthetically pleasing :smile: any scene I pause it at, its a wonderful image :tongue:
Original post by Wolfiexe
If anyone here reads much, can anyone suggest a good manga series to get into? I started reading Bakuman by ordering it from Amazon and it's pretty good, does anyone have any suggestions though?

Moving this to the ontopic thread, where you're more likely to get an answer. :p: Stuff like this can get overlooked in chat, hence why we have two threads. :yes:

I don't read a huge amount of manga myself, and a lot of the series I could have recommended are in danger right now due to Tokyopop imploding. :frown: Still, might be able to suggest you something. Are there any genres in particular you're into, or is anything fine?
Reply 770
Moving this to the ontopic thread, where you're more likely to get an answer. :p: Stuff like this can get overlooked in chat, hence why we have two threads. :yes:

I don't read a huge amount of manga myself, and a lot of the series I could have recommended are in danger right now due to Tokyopop imploding. :frown: Still, might be able to suggest you something. Are there any genres in particular you're into, or is anything fine?

Ah thanks. I don't really have a preference. I've been looking on Amazon and ordering some from there... I have Full Metal Alchemist Vol. 1 that should be arriving today as well so looking forward to reading that. :biggrin:
Finally finished Magical Angel Creamy Mami. :biggrin: After effectively stalling it at 15 episodes since early April, I ended up marathoning the rest over 3-4 days, and it (FINALLY) pushed me over the 5 month mark. :biggrin: Because it was so episodic I expected to take it very slowly, but the previews for pretty much every episode since I resumed it seemed intriguing, and I found myself unable to stop. :p: The introduction of new music and my growing like for the characters as it went along just accelerated things.

Will be replacing it with the slightly newer, shinier To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, which I'm hoping lives up to the hype. I thought there was potential in Index, but it was completely wasted and really didn't leave me wanting more. Perhaps a focus on other characters may be all it takes to make the show interesting, provided it does actually focus on them (because Index certainly didn't waste time sidlining it's titular character :facepalm:).

Ah thanks. I don't really have a preference. I've been looking on Amazon and ordering some from there... I have Full Metal Alchemist Vol. 1 that should be arriving today as well so looking forward to reading that. :biggrin:

After looking through my own list and removing things that aren't licensed/Tokyopop haven't finished, I'd recommend the following:

Yotsuba&!

Negima! Magister Negi Magi

Gunslinger Girl

Death Note

xxxHolic

Hope something there interests you, if not then Full Metal Alchemist should leave you with plenty of volumes to buy on its own. :p:
Reply 772
Finally finished Magical Angel Creamy Mami. :biggrin: After effectively stalling it at 15 episodes since early April, I ended up marathoning the rest over 3-4 days, and it (FINALLY) pushed me over the 5 month mark. :biggrin: Because it was so episodic I expected to take it very slowly, but the previews for pretty much every episode since I resumed it seemed intriguing, and I found myself unable to stop. :p: The introduction of new music and my growing like for the characters as it went along just accelerated things.

Will be replacing it with the slightly newer, shinier To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, which I'm hoping lives up to the hype. I thought there was potential in Index, but it was completely wasted and really didn't leave me wanting more. Perhaps a focus on other characters may be all it takes to make the show interesting, provided it does actually focus on them (because Index certainly didn't waste time sidlining it's titular character :facepalm:).

After looking through my own list and removing things that aren't licensed/Tokyopop haven't finished, I'd recommend the following:

Yotsuba&!

Negima! Magister Negi Magi

Gunslinger Girl

Death Note

xxxHolic

Hope something there interests you, if not then Full Metal Alchemist should leave you with plenty of volumes to buy on its own. :p:

Ok I'll give them a look, thanks for the recommendations. I've watched Death Note before and thought it was amazing. I might look into getting the whole manga set as well. :biggrin:
I wish I could speak Japanese, then I could let Reborn run in the background while revising... Damn you anime for destroying my mark!
Ok I'll give them a look, thanks for the recommendations. I've watched Death Note before and thought it was amazing. I might look into getting the whole manga set as well. :biggrin:

The Death Note manga storyline isn't all that different from its anime adaptation, apart from the fact that the latter half of the story was less rushed and better developed in the manga (especially Mello's character).
Reply 775
Having initially been meh when I first mentioned watching it a couple of weeks ago, I now have to say the Maria holic alive is pretty entertaining. Also writing this has reminded me that's it's been about two weeks and I still haven't got around to giving any more thoughts in the season thread :nyoron:

Also as FB stalkers already know, I know have the first carcaptor Sakura omnibus and it is gorgeous :ahee:
Reply 776
Up to ep 350 of one piece :zomg: brook is pretty cool
Another committee screening tonight at Aberanime, though this time I know what's being shown. The guy running it hasn't seen anywhere near as much as most of the other committee members, and is having to go with some fairly mainstream (but awesome nonetheless) anime such as Eureka Seven and FMA: Brotherhood. He asked me to suggest another series as he was out of ideas, and I put forward Deadman Wonderland as I thought it was his kind of show. It was, and he'll be screening that too. :p:

That's the awesome half of his screening anyway. The other half is going to be a 'troll screening' consisting of the first episode of Poirot and Marple (which I'm actually looking forward to the most, having not seen it already :o:) and another show that as far as I know isn't even anime. :giggle:
I want the exams to be over!!!!!!!!! so i can go back to my lazy old self and spend days solely watching anime
Original post by EternalDoom
I want the exams to be over!!!!!!!!! so i can go back to my lazy old self and spend days solely watching anime

Guess what, I'm doing that anyway :colondollar:

Latest