The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neillya1
:colondollar: I didn't know her real name, feel a bit silly now :tongue:

Well I'm actually pretty straight acting, bar the odd queen bitch scenario :tongue:
But I went to one of the most promiscuous schools around, and I refused to sleep with girls or even acknowledge that I found any attractive. Of course not finding any girls attractive, along with liking to sing, liking "gay music", having a dance mat and talking to girls gets you labelled as gay :tongue:

Of course they never pick up on the things like I love rugby, football and F1. I love my cars. I played guitar and drums. Basically I was the Sam of the school, except they were right in thinking I was gay :tongue:

I even pretended to fancy a girl to put them off... I feel so bad about that :sad:. Thankfully she didn't like me :h:

Now that I'm actually "out" though I can be myself. If you saw me in the street you would never think I'm gay, but get to know me and you'd probably guess. The usual things like thinking musicals are great, loving to sing and dance etc etc, but at first glance I'm a football loving "lad" :tongue:

I was also one of the bright kids at school (Don't mean it in a big headed way, I mean I actually tried) so people hated me for that too.... why the hell would I stay behind after school do to work etc.... fact is, it got me good GCSEs which led to good A Levels :h: So I win :h: :tongue:

You sound awesome! :hugs:

My school is ridiculously homophobic (kids asking teachers if they're gay, shouting 'that's so gay' all the time, fist fights because 'he called me gay miss!' and **** like that) so I doubt anyone would come out there...
We had an assembly once when one of the Math teachers came out in an assembly and spoke about gay rights and some of the boys in my year started making obscene comments. So yeah, that bad.
My best male friend came out to my group of friends but no-one else. It's really weird actually, before he came out I'd sort of guessed years ago but I hadn't said anything and he'd gone out with girls so I was like ...ok. Then he came out and it's inconceivable that he was ever in the closet/confused. Ever. :teehee:
He was really worried about telling his step-dad because he'd always said that he wouldn't have anything to do with anyone who was gay and that he'd disown my friend and his sister if they ever turned out to be gay, pretty much really homophobic stuff. Then my friend came out expecting to be kicked out of the house and his stepdad was fine with it and said he'd figured it out and that he still loved him! That made me so happy because his stepdad is a big guy and I would totally have gone down the road (we live on the same street) to cuss him if he'd done anything to my friend. Actually, thinking about it, the majority of my friends are gay/bi but I was always the last person to know! My best girl friend coming out to me was: 'Oh yeah, D (one of my best friends) and I are going out.' and I think my reaction was ':eek: Wait, what did you say? WAIT, WHAT??? Since when? OMG that's awesome! Why didn't you tell me?' and she said that she forgot. Hmmph. They've been together for like 2 and a half years now. :love:

Original post by e hine e
Me too. It would be awesome. I can just imagine doing all the big musical numbers in it.

Hell to the yes! I did that at my friend's party once. Well, she doesn't have an auditorium (obviously) but I jumped on the table a la Blaine and started belting out Defying Gravity and I was just drunk from the fumes of everyone else's drunkness!

I'm so tired. I have my livestream link up but is the episode on at 1? I'm sort of too tired to stay up but I know I won't be able to sleep if I go to bed anyway so I'll stay up.
:rofl:

I hate American adverts, they're infomercials I guess....
I really hate their phone numbering system though!!

"Call 101-BUY-SOFAS-NOW" it's SO ANNOYING. Just list the damn number :angry:

/rant
:smile:

:yep:

This is totally me.
Original post by diamonddust

My school is ridiculously homophobic (kids asking teachers if they're gay, shouting 'that's so gay' all the time, fist fights because 'he called me gay miss!' and **** like that) so I doubt anyone would come out there...
We had an assembly once when one of the Math teachers came out in an assembly and spoke about gay rights and some of the boys in my year started making obscene comments. So yeah, that bad.
My best male friend came out to my group of friends but no-one else. It's really weird actually, before he came out I'd sort of guessed years ago but I hadn't said anything and he'd gone out with girls so I was like ...ok. Then he came out and it's inconceivable that he was ever in the closet/confused. Ever. :teehee:
He was really worried about telling his step-dad because he'd always said that he wouldn't have anything to do with anyone who was gay and that he'd disown my friend and his sister if they ever turned out to be gay, pretty much really homophobic stuff. Then my friend came out expecting to be kicked out of the house and his stepdad was fine with it and said he'd figured it out and that he still loved him! That made me so happy because his stepdad is a big guy and I would totally have gone down the road (we live on the same street) to cuss him if he'd done anything to my friend. Actually, thinking about it, the majority of my friends are gay/bi but I was always the last person to know! My best girl friend coming out to me was: 'Oh yeah, D (one of my best friends) and I are going out.' and I think my reaction was ':eek: Wait, what did you say? WAIT, WHAT??? Since when? OMG that's awesome! Why didn't you tell me?' and she said that she forgot. Hmmph. They've been together for like 2 and a half years now. :love:

Hell to the yes! I did that at my friend's party once. Well, she doesn't have an auditorium (obviously) but I jumped on the table a la Blaine and started belting out Defying Gravity and I was just drunk from the fumes of everyone else's drunkness!

I'm so tired. I have my livestream link up but is the episode on at 1? I'm sort of too tired to stay up but I know I won't be able to sleep if I go to bed anyway so I'll stay up.

:rofl: jumping on the table. It is on at 1. I'm up now so I'll still be up then. Fun times.
:rofl: I just laughed out loud and my sister gave me a weird look.

I love to bake and cook, it's just so addictive :woo:

Do you know the thing I hate about coming out (hope I don't put anyone off by saying this) but it's the way you just know people have stereotypes in their head about gay/bisexual people and I hate the idea of someone's perception of you changing when you're just the same person as you always were. I also don't think a lot of people get that you don't always know you're gay. Some people know from early on, others have to figure it out and a lot of people think you've hidden things when you've not really, you've just been sorting things out in your head. I always said I'd come out when I actually had a girlfriend because then I had something to tell someone, but if you wait they then think you've been hiding something again but sometimes it's not so much hiding it as just keeping it to yourself because sometimes people need to do that for a while. It just gets so complicated. Everyone should be assumed bi unless people are told otherwise :yep:

I've been saying this for years and I'm not even bi (I think!), it just makes logical sense!
There's this musical called Zanna, Don't! Haven't listened to any of the songs yet but it sounds fascinating. It's set in a high school where the majority of the world is gay and heterophobia exists and a guy and a girl happen to fall in love. I love the premise.
Reply 5784
My laptop is flashing alarmingly. Please dont die during Gleeee!
:rofl: I just laughed out loud and my sister gave me a weird look.

I love to bake and cook, it's just so addictive :woo:

Do you know the thing I hate about coming out (hope I don't put anyone off by saying this) but it's the way you just know people have stereotypes in their head about gay/bisexual people and I hate the idea of someone's perception of you changing when you're just the same person as you always were. I also don't think a lot of people get that you don't always know you're gay. Some people know from early on, others have to figure it out and a lot of people think you've hidden things when you've not really, you've just been sorting things out in your head. I always said I'd come out when I actually had a girlfriend because then I had something to tell someone, but if you wait they then think you've been hiding something again but sometimes it's not so much hiding it as just keeping it to yourself because sometimes people need to do that for a while. It just gets so complicated. Everyone should be assumed bi unless people are told otherwise :yep:

Baking :coma: I love baking, it's amazing. Best way to pass time. I don't eat my cakes either, my family does :tongue: Too many calories :wink: :colondollar:

And sorry for making you seem like an idiot to your sister :colondollar:

I get what you mean about coming out to people. I was really lucky on the whole, my friends are absolutely awesome about it and I couldn't thank them more for how they've reacted. They basically said "Oh you're gay, cool. Got a boyfriend? Nice, where's he from? No way my girlfriends from there! Glad you're happy mate" :h: Made me feel soooooooooooooo good after years of lying!

Now I know I can talk to them about anything and not be judged, they genuinely don't give a crap and that's the way I like it - they treat me exactly the same as straight people in terms of relationships. One of them even asked if he'd be my best man if I ever get married :teehee:

The stereotypes annoy me though. I had one "friend" who uses them all the time. I swear he's a closet gay since he's such a homophobe....

We were out in Canal Street, Manchester with 6 of us for a mates birthday. Amazing night and he wanted to see what it was like (well, his girlfriend did). I got the usual jokes but only because I make them first :tongue: I don't mind them at all, but his response was "Why the **** do I want to go in to a club full of faggots? I don't want cock shoved down my throat or dancing queens grinding on me!".... Said to him "Well I'm gay, do I shove my dick down your throat and grind you?".... shut him up but then he just moaned and moaned.....

Most hurtful thing was when he said "Why are we going in here? Only one of us is a fag here".... If it wasn't for the police I would have battered him there... (I'm not violent, I swear! :colondollar:).

Some people just don't get that you're the same person, but some people are offensive but genuinely without meaning to be. I had a friend who said "So does this mean you'll be acting really camp now? Because that's what gays do?".... He didn't mean to offend me, it's just the only other gay guy he knew was like that. I just explained look I'm the same person, I just like guys instead of girls. One of my closest friends now :h:

I hate the need for labels in high school though. Gay, straight, bi, who cares? I'm human, that's what matters, not who I fancy! I knew I was gay by 16, but my god was I conflicted before then. I thought I was, but I wasn't sure. I had feelings for some girls, but friendship feelings. I could imagine spending my life with them, but the thought of sex with them just made my vomit :tongue: It's just a shame that everyone labels you in one category when you're figuring it out.

They say everyone has feelings for the same sex at some point during adolescence. Who knows, but those that deny it so fiercely... they have something to hide.

I know people who are definitely straight, and yet they say to me "I wonder sometimes what it's like to do it with a guy, but I'm not gay- I know that". Makes perfect sense to me, it's who you love in my opinion. Don't mean to sound too blunt but you can enjoy sex with someone of the same sex and not be gay in my opinion, because you can just think it feels good - you don't love them.

I came out when I had a boyfriend of 6 months and the response was "Why keep it from us for so long!?". Was so nice to hear :h:

The worst response has been my parents, but that's another wall of text entirely :tongue:

Yeah, sorry for the wall of text, it's an issue that gets me a bit heated :tongue:
Reply 5786
I had feelings for some girls, but friendship feelings. I could imagine spending my life with them, but the thought of sex with them just made my vomit :tongue: It's just a shame that everyone labels you in one category when you're figuring it out.

Okay, you must be psychic. Or this is just quite common. Because, I had a girlfriend for about 2 months (yeah not very long, I know) and when I was with her, it just felt friendly. Just not sexual or anything. Was REALLY confusing. It was the same for a lot of my other female friends.

Baking :coma: I love baking, it's amazing. Best way to pass time. I don't eat my cakes either, my family does :tongue: Too many calories :wink: :colondollar:

And sorry for making you seem like an idiot to your sister :colondollar:

I get what you mean about coming out to people. I was really lucky on the whole, my friends are absolutely awesome about it and I couldn't thank them more for how they've reacted. They basically said "Oh you're gay, cool. Got a boyfriend? Nice, where's he from? No way my girlfriends from there! Glad you're happy mate" :h: Made me feel soooooooooooooo good after years of lying!

Now I know I can talk to them about anything and not be judged, they genuinely don't give a crap and that's the way I like it - they treat me exactly the same as straight people in terms of relationships. One of them even asked if he'd be my best man if I ever get married :teehee:

The stereotypes annoy me though. I had one "friend" who uses them all the time. I swear he's a closet gay since he's such a homophobe....

We were out in Canal Street, Manchester with 6 of us for a mates birthday. Amazing night and he wanted to see what it was like (well, his girlfriend did). I got the usual jokes but only because I make them first :tongue: I don't mind them at all, but his response was "Why the **** do I want to go in to a club full of faggots? I don't want cock shoved down my throat or dancing queens grinding on me!".... Said to him "Well I'm gay, do I shove my dick down your throat and grind you?".... shut him up but then he just moaned and moaned.....

Most hurtful thing was when he said "Why are we going in here? Only one of us is a fag here".... If it wasn't for the police I would have battered him there... (I'm not violent, I swear! :colondollar:).

Some people just don't get that you're the same person, but some people are offensive but genuinely without meaning to be. I had a friend who said "So does this mean you'll be acting really camp now? Because that's what gays do?".... He didn't mean to offend me, it's just the only other gay guy he knew was like that. I just explained look I'm the same person, I just like guys instead of girls. One of my closest friends now :h:

I hate the need for labels in high school though. Gay, straight, bi, who cares? I'm human, that's what matters, not who I fancy! I knew I was gay by 16, but my god was I conflicted before then. I thought I was, but I wasn't sure. I had feelings for some girls, but friendship feelings. I could imagine spending my life with them, but the thought of sex with them just made my vomit :tongue: It's just a shame that everyone labels you in one category when you're figuring it out.

They say everyone has feelings for the same sex at some point during adolescence. Who knows, but those that deny it so fiercely... they have something to hide.

I know people who are definitely straight, and yet they say to me "I wonder sometimes what it's like to do it with a guy, but I'm not gay- I know that". Makes perfect sense to me, it's who you love in my opinion. Don't mean to sound too blunt but you can enjoy sex with someone of the same sex and not be gay in my opinion, because you can just think it feels good - you don't love them.

I came out when I had a boyfriend of 6 months and the response was "Why keep it from us for so long!?". Was so nice to hear :h:

The worst response has been my parents, but that's another wall of text entirely :tongue:

Yeah, sorry for the wall of text, it's an issue that gets me a bit heated :tongue:

My mum used to refer to people as 'poofs' all the time when I was younger, I don't think she meant anything by it it was simply what her generation used but I think she slowly realised it wasn't right and stopped. I'd be annoyed if people nowadays were using the word fag around me. I know one of my cousins was using it on facebook alongside racist things (and the majority of my friends are from different countries so that got me) so I confronted him about it and he just thought my reaction was hilarious so I just deleted him. I really can't be doing with people who have to bring other people down to feel any sense of accomplishment.

It would be so much easier if sexuality wasn't made a big deal of. I like the way you've described it (in bold) because I had an image in my head that I'd get older and get a boyfriend-it's what you're fed in the media and society and your family asks you about it (all the damn time) and I started to attach that to certain guys when I was only about 11 thinking ''I could go out with them'' but I never thought about kissing or anything like that. Thinking about a boyfriend just made me feel like an adult. Then I started getting feelings for girls and it confused the hell out of me because the emphasis society places on labels plus the lack of lesbian/gay relationships being portrayed (at least back then that I saw) meant I had a picture in my head of what my future was like, I was assumed to be straight and I had no other options to look at. For that reason I only actually told my mum when I was 20 (she hadn't guessed and I have no idea how because I was 20 without ever having had a boyfriend and I was pretty sure I was giving off all kinds of signals when certain people came on TV-I mainly watched Friends because I was crushing on Monica and I remember thinking every time I watched ''she's going to find out''). I basically ran from the few guys who showed an interest in me too :rofl: (one of them's actually on TSR and probably stalking my posts from past experience, that's awkward).
Original post by Rickkkkk
Okay, you must be psychic. Or this is just quite common. Because, I had a girlfriend for about 2 months (yeah not very long, I know) and when I was with her, it just felt friendly. Just not sexual or anything. Was REALLY confusing. It was the same for a lot of my other female friends.

That's the part I highlighted too so I'm guessing it's pretty common :smile:
Lawl, I just saw an advert for tacos. That made me interested. Also, I can bake pretty well (my friends love my brownies :biggrin:) but I cant cook. Really sucks.

Nearly all of my close friends are girls. I've only got one close guy friend, and hes a strong christian, so i'm not looking forward to that :s-smilie: He's a great guy though, but I think he'll secretly judge me.

I'm thinking of just slipping it into conversation. But I dont think i'd be able to make that work xD

Ah dont try and fool us with these "almosts". We know you cried like a little child watching Toy Story 2 and seeing Emily forget Jesse and give her away for donation and grow up and and and :cry:

I have a Christian friend but I'm lucky that he was pretty awesome. He said "Look, I don't see homosexuality as natural and I do see it as against god, but if makes you happy, and as a friend that's what I want. I won't agree with you on it, but I will respect it and make sure I don't hurt you over it" (paraphrased obviously). I couldn't ask for more - we generally don't talk about it but I know he respects it, just like I respect his religion even though I don't agree with it. Like I said, I couldn't ask for more than that :h:

You're lucky that most of your close friends are girls because they might already think you are gay :smile: Not saying they will, but don't be too surprised if they say "Yeah, we know" :tongue:
I remember my ex's friends saying they thought he was about to tell them he was straight :rofl: he was so obviously gay to them, yet he didn't see it at all.

Toy Story 2? I cried like a baby at Toy Story 3 too! When I was 18! Andy giving away all his toys :cry: So sad, I genuinely cried :sad:
I cry all the time though :tongue: especially at Glee :tongue:

Awwwwh thanks! :h: :hugs: You sound awesome too :awesome: :yes:

My school was homophobic to the extreme, but I honestly think it was due to ignorance and not hate.

The "That's so gay"/"You're gay" etc insults were flung around like no ones business, even my friends did it... when I came out to them though and explained look that's actually pretty hurtful to say that, they apologized like I've never seen. *most* people don't mean to hurt someone with comments like that, they just don't realise it hurts.
Our teachers didn't care for gay rights. I remember I brought it up once (fueling the gay rumors I guess!) and I was just fobbed off as "It's not important"..... Shame really. The thing that annoyed me most was Sex Ed. Plenty of advice for straight kids, nothing for gay kids. Now I know there would be laughing/teasing etc etc, but I know for a fact a fair few people I was at school with "Experimented" and they deserve to be taught safe sex. It's not much to ask surely. A real shame.
We had no "out" gay teachers, but I suspect one or two were gay....
As I said before I'd love to be a teacher, but if someone asked if I was gay I'd never deny it. If the kids teased me then fine, get out my class. I see teaching not only as teaching the subject but teaching life skills, which if anything is more important.
I know at my primary school one of the female teachers is gay and recently got married (she's genuinely a lovely person :h: so awesome) and I never knew. Fair enough because it's primary school and they don't say, but here's the killer - news of her wedding got out and parents complained to the head that they don't want their kids taught by her. Disgusting, it's not even a religious school. She told the parents fine, move your kids if you're that bothered but I'm not getting worked up about it. I really, really admire her for how she acted :h:

I know one other guy from school who is gay now, but that's it. Then again, I don't keep in touch with many :tongue: He did come out in school and got beat up real bad for it. It's one of the reasons I wish I'd come out too, because I could actually beat up the bullies - I was stronger than them :tongue:

My parents hate "The gay" :tongue: apparently it's a phase, who converted me?, you like girls really, it's a rebellion, it won't last etc etc.... Dad said "Gay adoption is wrong and unnatural, and I won't have it in my house".... simple answer "Fine, you won't see your grand-kids then" :tongue: Apparently a single mother adopting is fine, as is a single father, but two guys isn't.....

And that's awesome about your friend and how you reacted! :awesome: Honestly, I can assure you she was sooooooo please when you said that! Wish more people were like you :yes:

I've also been known to bust a Glee tune at the odd party (I got in to the music waaaaaaay before the episodes :tongue:). I wanna hold your hand is my song - I actually sing it alright :colondollar:

My laptop is flashing alarmingly. Please dont die during Gleeee!

Plug it in! Plug it in! Can't miss Glee! :biggrin:

Sorry for the walls of text tonight everyone, a combination of you guys actually being awesome and accepting and me feeling happy for a change make me write lots :tongue:
I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD GUYS.

:hugs:

Hugs all round.
Reply 5791
My mum used to refer to people as 'poofs' all the time when I was younger, I don't think she meant anything by it it was simply what her generation used but I think she slowly realised it wasn't right and stopped. I'd be annoyed if people nowadays were using the word fag around me. I know one of my cousins was using it on facebook alongside racist things (and the majority of my friends are from different countries so that got me) so I confronted him about it and he just thought my reaction was hilarious so I just deleted him. I really can't be doing with people who have to bring other people down to feel any sense of accomplishment.

It would be so much easier if sexuality wasn't made a big deal of. I like the way you've described it (in bold) because I had an image in my head that I'd get older and get a boyfriend-it's what you're fed in the media and society and your family asks you about it (all the damn time) and I started to attach that to certain guys when I was only about 11 thinking ''I could go out with them'' but I never thought about kissing or anything like that. Thinking about a boyfriend just made me feel like an adult. Then I started getting feelings for girls and it confused the hell out of me because the emphasis society places on labels plus the lack of lesbian/gay relationships being portrayed (at least back then that I saw) meant I had a picture in my head of what my future was like, I was assumed to be straight and I had no other options to look at. For that reason I only actually told my mum when I was 20 (she hadn't guessed and I have no idea how because I was 20 without ever having had a boyfriend and I was pretty sure I was giving off all kinds of signals when certain people came on TV-I mainly watched Friends because I was crushing on Monica and I remember thinking every time I watched ''she's going to find out''). I basically ran from the few guys who showed an interest in me too :rofl: (one of them's actually on TSR and probably stalking my posts from past experience, that's awkward).

Okay firstly, LOVE FRIENDS :biggrin: To be honest, I don't find any guys hot in that, so it's always been a program just for me to love without thinking about anyone like that :smile:
But I do get you. I was so confused when I first found a guy hot. Didnt know what it meant. Didnt know if it was normal. It's just scary :s-smilie:

Trust me, it's pretty common. People don't just realise "Oh, I'm gay!", it sounds corny but sexuality is a voyage - you don't know until you reach the end.
You try the girlfriend situation because that's what you're fed as a kid, and yet it doesn't quite feel right, something just isn't there. That special spark doesn't exist.
The biggest thing is accepting yourself for who you are and realising "This is me, it's not going to change so there's no point debating it". Those people who claim to "cure" homosexuality are *******s - it's not a choice and it can't be "cured" - it's who you are! If other people don't like it, then tough - that's their loss.

My mum said "poofs" too, my gran says "princesses" :rofl:. Weird thing is my mum and dad don't like it. Mum is borderline accepting, dad is a no no. Yet my grand and grandad, who you'd assume to be uber conservative, couldn't care less - they're happy for me! :smile: As are the rest of my family (and they're religious too, which is surprising).

If anyone uses fag around me now I tell them how I don't like it and please stop. Usually they're fine and stop right away and apologise because they don't realise (a lot of people don't even realise it's a derogatory term for gay people). Those that keep saying it and push me to the edge, I just walk away and ignore. Not worth knowing.

I've been known to hit some people (I promise I'm not violent, although it often sounds it :colondollar:) that pushed me right over the edge (e.g. "Hey fag boy, get outside, don't want you in these changing rooms - might try and **** me" in PE.... he got decked. They get the picture then..... I'm not proud of it, but by the same token I don't regret it - he had it coming in my eyes.

My mum and dad knew :tongue: Well, mum did - dad refused to accept so didn't get it ("Tell me when you have a girlfriend, don't be scared"..."Dad, I'm gay. You know this. We discussed it at length you fool").....

Had one girl interested in me.... she was so lovely and nice, I feel bad for breaking her heart but what can I do :sad: Not seen her in years.
Reply 5793
I have a Christian friend but I'm lucky that he was pretty awesome. He said "Look, I don't see homosexuality as natural and I do see it as against god, but if makes you happy, and as a friend that's what I want. I won't agree with you on it, but I will respect it and make sure I don't hurt you over it" (paraphrased obviously). I couldn't ask for more - we generally don't talk about it but I know he respects it, just like I respect his religion even though I don't agree with it. Like I said, I couldn't ask for more than that :h:

You're lucky that most of your close friends are girls because they might already think you are gay :smile: Not saying they will, but don't be too surprised if they say "Yeah, we know" :tongue:
I remember my ex's friends saying they thought he was about to tell them he was straight :rofl: he was so obviously gay to them, yet he didn't see it at all.

Toy Story 2? I cried like a baby at Toy Story 3 too! When I was 18! Andy giving away all his toys :cry: So sad, I genuinely cried :sad:
I cry all the time though :tongue: especially at Glee :tongue:

Awwwwh thanks! :h: :hugs: You sound awesome too :awesome: :yes:

My school was homophobic to the extreme, but I honestly think it was due to ignorance and not hate.

The "That's so gay"/"You're gay" etc insults were flung around like no ones business, even my friends did it... when I came out to them though and explained look that's actually pretty hurtful to say that, they apologized like I've never seen. *most* people don't mean to hurt someone with comments like that, they just don't realise it hurts.
Our teachers didn't care for gay rights. I remember I brought it up once (fueling the gay rumors I guess!) and I was just fobbed off as "It's not important"..... Shame really. The thing that annoyed me most was Sex Ed. Plenty of advice for straight kids, nothing for gay kids. Now I know there would be laughing/teasing etc etc, but I know for a fact a fair few people I was at school with "Experimented" and they deserve to be taught safe sex. It's not much to ask surely. A real shame.
We had no "out" gay teachers, but I suspect one or two were gay....
As I said before I'd love to be a teacher, but if someone asked if I was gay I'd never deny it. If the kids teased me then fine, get out my class. I see teaching not only as teaching the subject but teaching life skills, which if anything is more important.
I know at my primary school one of the female teachers is gay and recently got married (she's genuinely a lovely person :h: so awesome) and I never knew. Fair enough because it's primary school and they don't say, but here's the killer - news of her wedding got out and parents complained to the head that they don't want their kids taught by her. Disgusting, it's not even a religious school. She told the parents fine, move your kids if you're that bothered but I'm not getting worked up about it. I really, really admire her for how she acted :h:

I know one other guy from school who is gay now, but that's it. Then again, I don't keep in touch with many :tongue: He did come out in school and got beat up real bad for it. It's one of the reasons I wish I'd come out too, because I could actually beat up the bullies - I was stronger than them :tongue:

My parents hate "The gay" :tongue: apparently it's a phase, who converted me?, you like girls really, it's a rebellion, it won't last etc etc.... Dad said "Gay adoption is wrong and unnatural, and I won't have it in my house".... simple answer "Fine, you won't see your grand-kids then" :tongue: Apparently a single mother adopting is fine, as is a single father, but two guys isn't.....

And that's awesome about your friend and how you reacted! :awesome: Honestly, I can assure you she was sooooooo please when you said that! Wish more people were like you :yes:

I've also been known to bust a Glee tune at the odd party (I got in to the music waaaaaaay before the episodes :tongue:). I wanna hold your hand is my song - I actually sing it alright :colondollar:

Plug it in! Plug it in! Can't miss Glee! :biggrin:

Sorry for the walls of text tonight everyone, a combination of you guys actually being awesome and accepting and me feeling happy for a change make me write lots :tongue:

I'm not good at writing about stuff, I'm better at talking about them, so I won't be able to give you a block of text :smile:
This guys actually my best guy friend, and an amazing guy, and it would actually kill me if he rejected me.

One of my friends has the exact same movie and song taste as me, and its really getting weird. Every film or song I say, she loves it, and vice versa :biggrin:

So I think some of my friends suspect, but they're just assuming i'm straight because of my ex-girlfriend and me confusing friendship feelings with attraction :smile:
Toy Story <3
I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD GUYS.

:hugs:

Hugs all round.

:lovehug: Hugs for all indeed :yes:

You guys are more accepting that the LGBT thread :tongue: :colondollar:

Okay firstly, LOVE FRIENDS :biggrin: To be honest, I don't find any guys hot in that, so it's always been a program just for me to love without thinking about anyone like that :smile:
But I do get you. I was so confused when I first found a guy hot. Didnt know what it meant. Didnt know if it was normal. It's just scary :s-smilie:

Bold bit: :love: It's amazing, right? :awesome:

Same with no guys hot in it, but it's just an awesome show all round. 90's style doesn't do it for me :tongue:

I thought I was bi for about 2 years, but refused to label myself because I wasn't sure. Then realised that actually the only reason I liked some girls was because I was forcing myself to like them and couldn't let go of that. Was so scared when I accepted who I was at first because all I've ever been fed about gay relationships is negative stuff - oh they sleep around, they can't have a steady relationship etc.... now I know that's all false :h:

Anyway, I've been typing so much that I deserve a brandy and coke I think :h:
Even American adverts are so cheesy :teehee:
Reply 5796
I dont know if anyone's seen this, I posted it earlier, but I found it sort of strange:

I dont know if people have mentioned this, but I was just thinking about Mean Girls (like we all do), and i was thinking about the plastics.
Karen=Brittany (Love Amanda Seyfreid btw) because of the blonde bimboness and just general hilariousness.
Gretchen=Santana cause of the bitchiness and all the rumours and secrets
Regina=Quinn. Just queen bitch and all.
This is more season 1 though, when their storylines weren't really developed much.

Trust me, it's pretty common. People don't just realise &quot;Oh, I'm gay!&quot;, it sounds corny but sexuality is a voyage - you don't know until you reach the end.
You try the girlfriend situation because that's what you're fed as a kid, and yet it doesn't quite feel right, something just isn't there. That special spark doesn't exist.
The biggest thing is accepting yourself for who you are and realising &quot;This is me, it's not going to change so there's no point debating it&quot;. Those people who claim to &quot;cure&quot; homosexuality are *******s - it's not a choice and it can't be &quot;cured&quot; - it's who you are! If other people don't like it, then tough - that's their loss.

My mum said &quot;poofs&quot; too, my gran says &quot;princesses&quot; :rofl:. Weird thing is my mum and dad don't like it. Mum is borderline accepting, dad is a no no. Yet my grand and grandad, who you'd assume to be uber conservative, couldn't care less - they're happy for me! :smile: As are the rest of my family (and they're religious too, which is surprising).

If anyone uses fag around me now I tell them how I don't like it and please stop. Usually they're fine and stop right away and apologise because they don't realise (a lot of people don't even realise it's a derogatory term for gay people). Those that keep saying it and push me to the edge, I just walk away and ignore. Not worth knowing.

I've been known to hit some people (I promise I'm not violent, although it often sounds it :colondollar:) that pushed me right over the edge (e.g. &quot;Hey fag boy, get outside, don't want you in these changing rooms - might try and **** me&quot; in PE.... he got decked. They get the picture then..... I'm not proud of it, but by the same token I don't regret it - he had it coming in my eyes.

My mum and dad knew :tongue: Well, mum did - dad refused to accept so didn't get it (&quot;Tell me when you have a girlfriend, don't be scared&quot;...&quot;Dad, I'm gay. You know this. We discussed it at length you fool&quot:wink:.....

Had one girl interested in me.... she was so lovely and nice, I feel bad for breaking her heart but what can I do :sad: Not seen her in years.

I remember watching a Harry Potter premiere thing on TV a while after telling my mum and she asked if I'd suddenly become interested because Daniel Radcliffe had got older and I just looked at her like this :s-smilie: she obviously has not yet seen Emma Watson. I'm lucky though, I think she did that out of habit, not because she chose not to believe me.

I don't blame you for hitting them, if they carry on like that what do they expect?

9 minutes :woo:
I dont know if anyone's seen this, I posted it earlier, but I found it sort of strange:

I dont know if people have mentioned this, but I was just thinking about Mean Girls (like we all do), and i was thinking about the plastics.
Karen=Brittany (Love Amanda Seyfreid btw) because of the blonde bimboness and just general hilariousness.
This is more season 1 though, when their storylines weren't really developed much.

The more I think about it, the more I think Glee was based on Mean Girls. People manage to connect them all the time. This just confirms it.
I'm not good at writing about stuff, I'm better at talking about them, so I won't be able to give you a block of text :smile:
This guys actually my best guy friend, and an amazing guy, and it would actually kill me if he rejected me.

One of my friends has the exact same movie and song taste as me, and its really getting weird. Every film or song I say, she loves it, and vice versa :biggrin:

So I think some of my friends suspect, but they're just assuming i'm straight because of my ex-girlfriend and me confusing friendship feelings with attraction :smile:
Toy Story &lt;3

I'm the opposite - I can write for days yet can hardly speak a word :tongue:

He might be your best friend, but you have to think that if he rejects you over something so trivial (and just think it is actually trivial to him because it doesn't affect him in any way at all) then he's not a true friend. He's friends with the "straight" you that he knows - if he can't accept the real you then he's not a worth friend. For everyone person who rejects the "straight" you, there's many more awesome people willing to accept the real you. Trust me :smile: It might take time, but it'll happen.

They might suspect you're straight, but if they have any doubts then they probably won't be surprised :tongue:

Just don't be offended if they go quiet/withdrawn for a bit etc - if they genuinely didn't know then it can be quite a shock - they don't mean harm at all, they just need time :smile: Then they'll be back to being awesome :awesome:

Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Even American adverts are so cheesy :teehee:

:yes: I can't stand them at all, they're so full of bull**** it's unreal :tongue:

I'm not ignoring you so don't worry :tongue: But I've never seen mean girls so I can't exactly comment :h:

I remember watching a Harry Potter premiere thing on TV a while after telling my mum and she asked if I'd suddenly become interested because Daniel Radcliffe had got older and I just looked at her like this :s-smilie: she obviously has not yet seen Emma Watson. I'm lucky though, I think she did that out of habit, not because she chose not to believe me.

I don't blame you for hitting them, if they carry on like that what do they expect?

9 minutes :woo:

:rofl: My dad still does that with Katy Perry :tongue: Because I once said she's a good looking person :tongue: He does it out of spite and wish that I'd change though :tongue:

And exactly, they had it coming :h: They should be lucky I didn't break any bones :h: After all, they broke my spirits and life for several years (even though I'm stronger for it now) :h:

2 minutes! :woo: Let's go!

Quick Reply

Latest