The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ella37
Ah.. I never realised that. I should have noticed that considering my lack of men friends. XD

Gamma?

:fan:

http://reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Gamma
Reply 901
Been watching 3x3 Eyes today - early 90s OVA series. I originally thought it would be light viewing, but it ended up being rather violent and blood-drenched (should have looked at the A-P entry really) fun times XD
Original post by caraniel
Been watching 3x3 Eyes today - early 90s OVA series. I originally thought it would be light viewing, but it ended up being rather violent and blood-drenched (should have looked at the A-P entry really) fun times XD

Yeah, that might have been a good idea. :giggle: I only found out about the series because A-P recommended it as being similar to Elfen Lied, which was all the warning I needed. :p:
Reply 903

Right. Haha. I've yet to watch Reborn so I couldn't relate. :biggrin:

Bet he's one of the characters that get into doujinshis, huh? :tongue:
Original post by ella37
Right. Haha. I've yet to watch Reborn so I couldn't relate. :biggrin:

Bet he's one of the characters that get into doujinshis, huh? :tongue:

How embarrassing, I had to google that word and I'm still not sure what you mean :colondollar: :colondollar:
He's but a minor appearance but he's so hot :fan: Some of the main chars as well :colone: :colone:
Reply 905
Original post by whitepearlbaby
How embarrassing, I had to google that word and I'm still not sure what you mean :colondollar: :colondollar:
He's but a minor appearance but he's so hot :fan: Some of the main chars as well :colone: :colone:

Doujins, those fan made manga stuff that sometimes involve slash pairings? XD
Knowing me, I'd probably watch an entire anime just for fan service. Hot characters you say? Hmmm... :colone:

I just read the latest Kimi ni Todoke chapter. Gaaahh! Ayane's bad timing!
Original post by ella37
Doujins, those fan made manga stuff that sometimes involve slash pairings? XD
Knowing me, I'd probably watch an entire anime just for fan service. Hot characters you say? Hmmm... :colone:

Oh okay :colondollar:

Hibari seems to be a favourite with the girls:

But I think their personalities play a role in their hotness factor, too :p:
Reply 907
Oh okay :colondollar:

Hibari seems to be a favourite with the girls:

But I think their personalities play a role in their hotness factor, too :p:

OOohh he looks a bit like Hijikata in Gintama. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Speaking of Gintama, only a few more hours until the next episode! Woo!
The previous episodes about Sa-chan had an unexpectedly strange ending. :s-smilie:
Original post by ella37
OOohh he looks a bit like Hijikata in Gintama. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Speaking of Gintama, only a few more hours until the next episode! Woo!
The previous episodes about Sa-chan had an unexpectedly strange ending. :s-smilie:

Ooh :colone: I think I'll check Gintama out after I've finished watching Reborn (I can't concentrate on 2 things or I'll get confused :mmm: ) It certainly seems very popular!
Reply 909
Ooh :colone: I think I'll check Gintama out after I've finished watching Reborn (I can't concentrate on 2 things or I'll get confused :mmm: ) It certainly seems very popular!

Oh do! You won't regret it. I've heard some people say they needed to get past a couple of episodes to get into it. Definitely look out for arcs though, those tend to be epic. :smile:

Anybody here read Kuro****suji? New chapter is out (57)!
I had goosebumps on the last few pages!

Spoiler

EDIT: ha, it's been censored? XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ella37
EDIT: ha, it's been censored? XD

The TSR swear filter hates a lot of Japanese words. :sadnod: Hence why the Kuroshi~tsuji thread ended up with that title. :giggle:
Reply 911
Original post by AngryJellyfish
The TSR swear filter hates a lot of Japanese words. :sadnod: Hence why the Kuroshi~tsuji thread ended up with that title. :giggle:

Haha, I never noticed it had that word in it until TSR censored it. :rolleyes:

Gintama' episode next week is a start of a new arc. Woohoo! :h:
Reply 912
Original post by caraniel

Indeed, from my recollection, the only thing of any significance to come from this OVA. Shame it lacked a decent plot.
Reply 913
Oh wow this one piece filler arc about the useless dragon and the brat is really starting to drag. It's taken me about a week and a half to get through these last eight or so episodes. And after this episode I'm watching I apparently have another to go.
Reply 914
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
Oh wow this one piece filler arc about the useless dragon and the brat is really starting to drag. It's taken me about a week and a half to get through these last eight or so episodes. And after this episode I'm watching I apparently have another to go.

well once you've got through that you'll ahve seen the only meh part of one piece :yep: it only gets better from there

...oh how it does :cry2:
Reply 915
So I just finished Gunbuster. I'd heard it was good, but I underestimated it when I first got into it. It's only six episodes and I'd seen the 'epic battle' clip, so I assumed that all there was to it.

Surprisingly, it had a lot to offer for its length and is quite deep. I especially loved the developement of Noriko from weak to strong, then regressing back to weak once the terms of her situation really hits her before coming back stronger. I can see bits of Gurren Lagann in there, and it is sort of the similar but more condensed. I really liked it, maybe even more than TTGL but that might be because I've just finished it.

The ending was quite :cry: WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Imma gonna watch Diebuster (or Gunbuster 2) now. Hope it's just as good.
(edited 12 years ago)
Managed to fill my room with fabric conditioner fumes (again), aso I retreated to campus. Will sopend the next ferw hours downloading Hajime no Ippo, fighting off disiness and drowsiness until my room will hopefully be safer to return to without the ferar of suffocating in my sleep.

Watched the Highlander The Seartch for Vengeance ,movie at Abneranime earlier, it was about as good as I could hope for TBH. Decent action, good animation (though CG was dodgy in places), music was okaty. Premise was more or less identical to the live action movies, so not much in the way iof a plot, but definitely enjoyable.
Reply 917
Just finished reading AKIRA, anything else come close to it?
Reply 918
On my voyage to revisit some of the older anime I've enjoyed over the years, I've picked up Lupin III again. They don't make anime like they used to.
Reply 919
Original post by channy
Just finished reading AKIRA, anything else come close to it?

Akira is something of a masterpiece, but consider Eden, Domu (same mangaka) and Gunnm.

Latest