The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ella37
Oddly enough, it's from a shop where they sell random things. Tiger? Ever heard of it? http://www.tigerstores.co.uk/
I think I've watched one of that user's video! I vaguely remember the woman and the dog. Haha. I just saw the melonpan video and I'm set to making one! I'm crap at making dough though.
Doesn't those omelettes need some special rectangular pan? :s-smilie: It seems like a lot of work too! Freaking omelette! XD (Tamagoyaki?)

Nah sorry, never heard of it. Actually, the omelette was made in a normal pan, then the filling was put inside and she folded it expertly :P And it's got ketchup on top. Tamagoyaki is not what I'm thinking of... It's omurice!! That's the one.
But for Takoyaki you need a special moulded pan... Which I'm not gonna buy, just for one single dish :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTf5EgVY5uU < omurice
Original post by ella37

Original post by ella37
Not weird at all! :biggrin: I've even come to appreciate eating pot noodles with the thought that I'm eating ramen. (I'm pretty shallow huh? lol)

Oooh there's this shop in my town where they sell most of the things you need to make sushi, from the materials to the ingredients! I think they only thing they don't sell is the fish. :biggrin:

they sell everything to make sushi in waitrose, i've made it a few times before.

theres a korean supermarket in my town at home so theyll probably have lots of weird and wonderful foods to try.
Finished To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and while it was definitely better than To Aru Majutsu no Index, I'd still say it was overrated IMO. While Index tried to fit too much into too few episodes and felt terribly paced as a result, Raigun seemed to have too little material for 24 episodes and relied on a lot of slice of life/comedy episodes of varying quality to pad it out. The two serious plot arcs (kicking off just in time to end at the series' mid and end points respectively) weren't bad, but I found them a bit predictable, and not as interesting as any of the arcs from Index *could* have been if the pacing wasn't so dreadful. So yeah, I'd say it was a fairly average show overall, but the excellent animation and decent soundtrack bumped up my rating quite a bit. :yes:

I'll be watching the Railgun OVA next, since it came with the files for the TV series, but after that I'll be starting NightWalker. AIC, supernatural, gore, nudity, detectives, 12 episodes. What more could I possibly want? :p:
Reply 943
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Nah sorry, never heard of it. Actually, the omelette was made in a normal pan, then the filling was put inside and she folded it expertly :P And it's got ketchup on top. Tamagoyaki is not what I'm thinking of... It's omurice!! That's the one.
But for Takoyaki you need a special moulded pan... Which I'm not gonna buy, just for one single dish :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTf5EgVY5uU < omurice

Oh I see, omurice! That seems pretty easy to make! I might try that myself. Isn't that the type they serve in Maid-Cafes? Haha.

Original post by Annaconda
they sell everything to make sushi in waitrose, i've made it a few times before.

theres a korean supermarket in my town at home so theyll probably have lots of weird and wonderful foods to try.

Do they? I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been to a Waitrose so I wouldn't know. :colondollar: I guess sushi stuff are pretty common in shops huh?

I'm halfway through Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge and it's unexpectedly mysterious! :O

Spoiler

And the laughs are just the same if not even better. Episode 7 where the men were broken down, was brilliant. Watching that episode at 3am is not good my health as I was suppressing my laughter. xD
Reply 944
Just finished the FMA Manga

Spoiler

Reply 945
Just finished Diebuster. This was right up my alley in terms of characters, style and theme. Watching Gunbuster first really did make the experience better, especially towards the end. I really loved Nono as a character, especially in episode 3 and the end when she's running around with the snowman :biggrin:. Once again the ending was :cry: but more so than Gunbuster's.

SPOILERS TROLLOLOL!!1

Spoiler

I've been watching a string of completed animes with rather bittersweet endings lately. I'm all emotionally drained now...................
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, God, just watched the first two episodes of "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai" god long name DX But I think this is going to turn into one of my favourites DX Annoyingly, my computer keeps crashing when I try to watch the 3rd episode T_T
Reply 947
Theres some info about future UK licencing right now on UKAnime's twitter from the expo
http://twitter.com/#!/ukanime

but no one cares about this sort of thing:awesome:
Finished NightWalker, it was a fairly average monster of the week type show, but it had a good atmosphere to it (likely due to the interesting if not hugely developed characters, supernatural setting and excellent BGM). The final episode was a giant troll, but I'll forgive it for that since it was amusing. :giggle: The series is probably not worth recommending though, unless you really like supernatural detective type shows.

I'll be starting Angelic Layer next. It is a series I've wanted to see for YEARS (took a liking to the character designs when I saw an AMV in my first day at Aberanime, before I was even downloading fansubs :giggle:), but like so many other series I figured that since I was never going to forget about it, downloading more obscure series should take priority, and so it just didn't happen. I finally downloaded it less than a week ago, and the dice roll favoured it over series I've had stored for much longer, so it's obviously the right time to watch it. :p: I only hope it doesn't disappoint!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 949
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I'll be starting Angelic Layer next. It is a series I've wanted to see for YEARS (took a liking to the character designs when I saw an AMV in my first day at Aberanime, before I was even downloading fansubs :giggle:), but like so many other series I figured that since I was never going to forget about it, downloading more obscure series should take priority, and so it just didn't happen. I finally downloaded it less than a week ago, and the dice roll favoured it over series I've had stored for much longer, so it's obviously the right time to watch it. :p: I only hope it doesn't disappoint!

I ended up watching that dubbed a few months ago. It said it was subs/dubs (borrowed from the soc) but it turns out it was provided by the one fanatic dub fan in the society (the one who said Hanyuu was stupid :tongue:)

Also AJ, until tokyopops demise you were collecting Maria holic right? How did the manga compare to the anime? I can recall not being too impressed by the first volume, and having been enjoying the show (and constantly watching the various OPs) I've been wondering how the manga compares...I'd imagine it loses something without the animation and especially the voices.
Reply 950
Finished NightWalker, it was a fairly average monster of the week type show, but it had a good atmosphere to it (likely due to the interesting if not hugely developed characters, supernatural setting and excellent BGM). The final episode was a giant troll, but I'll forgive it for that since it was amusing. :giggle: The series is probably not worth recommending though, unless you really like supernatural detective type shows.

Not much I can say, only that I agree with your comments about this series. :tongue:

I really enjoyed watching this when it aired. Putting aside the fact that I'm a big Clamp fan, this had all of the ingredients of a good shounen, but with an unusual premise that gave it originality. That, and the main character is female. :yes:
Original post by Truered
I ended up watching that dubbed a few months ago. It said it was subs/dubs (borrowed from the soc) but it turns out it was provided by the one fanatic dub fan in the society (the one who said Hanyuu was stupid :tongue:)

Also AJ, until tokyopops demise you were collecting Maria holic right? How did the manga compare to the anime? I can recall not being too impressed by the first volume, and having been enjoying the show (and constantly watching the various OPs) I've been wondering how the manga compares...I'd imagine it loses something without the animation and especially the voices.

I had problems getting the Japanese language track going on the first episode of Angelic Layer; it was there at least, but when I tried it in SMPlayer it sounded really quiet, and when I tried MPC for the first time it was louder, but came with a weird buzzing noise. I eventually got it to play alright in MPC though, so I haven't a clue what that was about. :p:

I would say the manga is equally as good as the anime for Maria+Holic. While it is missing the voices, animation and awesome music, the comedy is still as good. In some chapters I'd say the manga is better, as it hasn't been cut down/padded out to fit a specific time slot as is the case with the anime (the chapter lengths actually vary quite a lot).

However, the main reason I started the manga was because Maria+Holic Alive hadn't been announced yet and I wanted more. Now that the second season is here, and has passed the point that Tokyopop reached, I'm not sure I'd recommend buying it. :no:
Reply 952
Original post by Juno
I can't wait for new yaoi!

I've always wanted to know, how do you pronounce yaoi?
Reply 953
Original post by S_123
I've always wanted to know, how do you pronounce yaoi?

'Yow-ee'. It's worth noting that Boys Love is commonly used in Japan in favour of this term, even though people will obviously know what you're referring to.
Original post by Aiko
I really enjoyed watching this when it aired. Putting aside the fact that I'm a big Clamp fan, this had all of the ingredients of a good shounen, but with an unusual premise that gave it originality. That, and the main character is female. :yes:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by Anime-Planet tagging it as shoujo. The first episode felt very much like a shonen series even though not a lot happened! That and according to wikipedia the manga was published in Shonen Ace... Having a female main character is certainly different, but surely not enough to change the demographic? :hmmmm2:
Reply 955
Yeah, I'm a bit confused by Anime-Planet tagging it as shoujo. The first episode felt very much like a shonen series even though not a lot happened! That and according to wikipedia the manga was published in Shonen Ace... Having a female main character is certainly different, but surely not enough to change the demographic? :hmmmm2:

Hmm, must be incorrectly tagged. I would definitely consider it a shounen series. The premise and/or format is inline with that.
Reply 956

A shonen series with a girl as the main character :pierre: ...this will have to do since there is no smiley for a person shocked and their monacle falling off :frown:

Original post by Aiko
'Yow-ee'. It's worth noting that Boys Love is commonly used in Japan in favour of this term, even though people will obviously know what you're referring to.

Apparntly its an acronym for
"Yamete! Atashi no Oshiri Itai! translated: Stop it! My butt hurts!" :lolwut:
Reply 957
Original post by vin

Apparntly its an acronym for
"Yamete! Atashi no Oshiri Itai! translated: Stop it! My butt hurts!" :lolwut:

vin speaks from experience :yes:

At AJ, I did have a minor thought about getting the maria holic manga, but if it's already been covered, that's a few pounds spared :borat: The big one is do I decide to try and get what's out of Deadman wonderland and risk it not being picked up, or play a waiting game :beard:
Personally, I'm sticking with my Yen Press releases for the forseeable future. Spiral in particular, since they've finished publishing that now so all the volumes are safely in existance. :p:
Reply 959
Personally, I'm sticking with my Yen Press releases for the forseeable future. Spiral in particular, since they've finished publishing that now so all the volumes are safely in existance. :p:

Sounds interesting, I think I may have looked at that one before. I ended up picking up Sumomomo momomo from yen press as the female lead was adorable, and it seemed a fun series :teehee:

I think at the moment viz may just edge being my favourite publisher due to the number of series I've got from them, but yen press is starting to catch up :yes: I found a NEO magazine from 2007 (ah uni days) and it had an advert about the new publisher yen press- I remembered how at the time I thought they wouldn't do much :mmm:

They gave me Higurashi :emog: Also bunny drop to try

Latest