The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -honeybee-
I agree with all of this! The actress who plays her is even worse and I was gutted about Wormtail, it wouldn't have even taken up much time to put it in :angry:

Especially if they had removed that confusing Harry/Hermione dancing scene. Sweet, I suppose, but hardly enormously important compared to what they cut out. :s-smilie:
Empire is releasing a Harry Potter feature tomorrow with their magazine with interviews from actors from all 8 films.

Free 36-Page Harry Potter Supplement
The world's biggest film series ever is coming to end this summer with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two, and what better way to mark the occasion by half killing ourselves assembling an exhaustive tribute to the series in its entirely. We visited the Leavesden set, we flew to New York to photograph and chat to Daniel Radcliffe during a break from his current stint on Broadway, and we even ventured deep into the shadowy Warner Brothers archives to emerge, blinking, into the daylight holding sheaves of never-before-seen photos from the sets of all eight films. Including interviews from key cast and crew from all the films and boasting some of the most gorgeous photography this side of the Daily Prophet, here's the inside scoop on the whole history of Potter.

Exclusive photography, a plethora of interviews with the key cast and crew, and never-before-seen behind-the-scenes images from the Warners vault to bring you the untold story behind all eight films. Inside the magazine, meanwhile, we have an oral history of filming on Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2's massive Battle of Hogwarts

If anyone is interested, they should consider picking it up. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
If anyone is interested, they should consider picking it up. :smile:

Was already heading down to the shop tomorrow to pick it up :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

:tongue:

Although someone did say to me the other day how it would be interesting to see the story from another perspective, probably Snape.
Reply 1385
I always thought when reading the books that it would be really interesting to see all the events through the perspective of Hermione. Basically the brains of the operation!
Reply 1387
Original post by -honeybee-

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wait hold up!

If I do not see her doing all of the above things in the film and kill at least 3 death eaters I will go ape ****! I will go all Rambo, believe!

But I'm slightly unsure about making Snape hold Lily's body, a bit OTT.
Looking forward to this. :biggrin: Going to wear black though, in mourning for all my beloved characters who die in it. *sob sob* Whyyyy?
Picked up my copy of empire today.

The booklets a nice little read, lots of on set pictures and behind the scenes info but nothing major about the last film :h:
I am going to be crying through the whole movie and after... and after the 2nd and 3rd time I watch it as well :frown:
Why does it all have to end?? WHYY??!!!?
Myself and about 5 friends are planning on camping out the night before. Anyone else going? And, I went to the 6th premiere but didn't camp out - has anyone ever done this at a London premiere before? Any tips?
Reply 1392
You need water, food, warm clothes, water proof clothes, loo roll, a thermos of coffee,
something to sit on. (pavements are cold as night even in a sleeping bag

but do it it's fun if you don't actually have to live on the streets which is less fun
I've got a copy of Empire. It's not at all revealing but it's reasonably interesting. Shame that Alan Rickman/Snape is barely in it though!
Original post by getinthevan
Myself and about 5 friends are planning on camping out the night before. Anyone else going? And, I went to the 6th premiere but didn't camp out - has anyone ever done this at a London premiere before? Any tips?

I'm going! And I'm camping out too. Never done it before, so I'm relying on people who have already been to tell me what to take. SO excited though, it's unreal =D . I think I'm going to take my copy of the Deathly Hallows and have people sign the inside cover of that ^^ .
Original post by Lestrange
I'm going! And I'm camping out too. Never done it before, so I'm relying on people who have already been to tell me what to take. SO excited though, it's unreal =D . I think I'm going to take my copy of the Deathly Hallows and have people sign the inside cover of that ^^ .

Ahhh I have a replica Marauders Map I was thinking of taking if it wasn't going to rain, I also have a replica of Hermione's wand that I'd love Emma Watson to sign, but it'd be a bit of an effort to carry that with me.

What do people think about pop up tents and stuff? Or is it better to just take a camping chair and wing it? What should we do with camping chairs and stuff on the actual day?

Also, what time should we get there if we want to be in good spots? :p: at the HBP premiere we got there at about 11am on the day, and were in a good place til some chavs pushed in front and nobody else bothered to stand up for us, Tom Felton came to where we were stood and we would have been able to touch him if they hadn't have pushed us out the way.

But one of the girls cried because he didn't sign her notebook, so that was good.
Original post by getinthevan
Ahhh I have a replica Marauders Map I was thinking of taking if it wasn't going to rain, I also have a replica of Hermione's wand that I'd love Emma Watson to sign, but it'd be a bit of an effort to carry that with me.

What do people think about pop up tents and stuff? Or is it better to just take a camping chair and wing it? What should we do with camping chairs and stuff on the actual day?

Also, what time should we get there if we want to be in good spots? :p: at the HBP premiere we got there at about 11am on the day, and were in a good place til some chavs pushed in front and nobody else bothered to stand up for us, Tom Felton came to where we were stood and we would have been able to touch him if they hadn't have pushed us out the way.

But one of the girls cried because he didn't sign her notebook, so that was good.

Personally, I know I'm not going to be doing any sleeping that night, I'm going to be too excited, so I'm just going to stick with a camping chair and sleeping bag (that'll be enough baggage anyway). I think we just keep our stuff with us on the day, which will makes things even more uncomfortable for us and those around us.

I plan to get there early/mid afternoon on 6th, because I read a blog post about someone who had been to the Deathly Hallows Part 1 premiere, got there at 2pm and got a spot on the barrier. There were about 40 others when she got there. Here is a link to said blog post http://chandlermariecraig.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/in-which-my-roommate-attends-the-harry-potter-7-premiere-for-us/ =) .

Sounds like those people got their just desserts.

If anyone comes between myself and potentially meeting Helena Bonham Carter, there will be some serious mental Unforgivable Curses going on...
Nyeeeaaaaahhhhhh.
Reply 1398
Just under 6 weeks until release date ! :smile:
Reply 1399

Quick Reply

Latest