The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Its A Catch 22
If I'm being honest, I'd be unhappy were Britain a white minority state.

I'm not White, but of course White people are not gonna like thier country being full of non-whites. its not racist, at all. I'm Muslim, and if I was in a Muslim country, I wouldn't like too many non-muslims.
Reply 381
Humans are naturally biased towards feelings of racism and xenophobia; through education irrational beliefs can be challenged, but evolved prejudices concerning subjects like race and gender are hard to quash completely. People naturally identify with their families, communities and countries, and skin-colour is just one quality. The idea of Britain becoming a white-minority state is naturally offensive to British people, just as it would be for any other country if that country's native populace perceived an 'invasion' of other races on their land.

I find the idea of this terrible, but feelings of prejudice, like all other natural biases, had their place in evolution. I can feel that I myself would feel uncomfortable if such a thing were to happen, but I also recognise that my reasons for that are essentially irrational and so I would accept it with no ill-will or unhappiness. Objectively, it's neither bad nor good - these polls simply expose the prejudice inherent in us all.
Ahhh. Daily mail. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't care, really. Unless I started getting persecuted, then I would definitely mind. But hey, there are dickheads in every race so there we go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sharpshooter
It's not strange it's the way the world is going we are all becoming mixed raced. Alot of us sometime this century probably. The worlds individual identities are becoming increasingly blurred.

Erm NO. Africa will still be full of Africans, The Middle East will still be full of Arabs. However Europe will be a multi ethnic mess. The whole world wants to live in white societes under the care of white people. It is the lifetime ambition of brown and black people to migrate and live in white countries whether it is legaly migration or whther they beg for asylum and smuggle themselves in like the 30,000 North African Arabs who floated into Italy in the past couple of months.

You are desperate for Europe to become mixed raced because you are mixed race and you obviously have some kind of identity crisis.
Original post by For Europe
Erm NO. Africa will still be full of Africans, The Middle East will still be full of Arabs. However Europe will be a multi ethnic mess. The whole world wants to live in white societes under the care of white people. It is the lifetime ambition of brown and black people to migrate and live in white countries whether it is legaly migration or whther they beg for asylum and smuggle themselves in like the 30,000 North African Arabs who floated into Italy in the past couple of months.

You are desperate for Europe to become mixed raced because you are mixed race and you obviously have some kind of identity crisis.

I would say the identity crises lies with anyone who groups themselves based on the colour of their skin, rather than anything that they have control over and have actually achieved in their lives. Why should we be anymore proud of our skin colour, than our eye colour, for example?
Of course we would, part of Brittish identity is that a large proportion of our community are Caucasion. Its not racist, its how we identify ourselves. It would be the same for Chinese people and African people.
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
I would say the identity crises lies with anyone who groups themselves based on the colour of their skin, rather than anything that they have control over and have actually achieved in their lives. Why should we be anymore proud of our skin colour, than our eye colour, for example?

Personally I am proud to be white. I do not care whether I have control over that or not. What a lot of self righteous liberals do not realise is that pride is a feeling, it is a fundemental part of our psychology and I do not deny my feelings of pride. Pride is not irrational or rational it is exactly that - a feeling, an emotion.

I am proud be white, I am proud of our beautiful white features and my peoples and my ancestors achievments, I am proud of my culture and the fact that whites are the most advanced race on the world both technologically and socially.

I would never criticise someone for NOT being proud of their race, just as I will not let some bastard criticise me for being proud of my race. I am proud to be white and if peopledo not like it they can eff off.
Personally I am proud to be white. I do not care whether I have control over that or not. What a lot of self righteous liberals do not realise is that pride is a feeling, it is a fundemental part of our psychology and I do not deny my feelings of pride. Pride is not irrational or rational it is exactly that - a feeling, an emotion.

I am proud be white, I am proud of our beautiful white features and my peoples and my ancestors achievments, I am proud of my culture and the fact that whites are the most advanced race on the world both technologically and socially.

I would never criticise someone for NOT being proud of their race, just as I will not let some bastard criticise me for being proud of my race. I am proud to be white and if peopledo not like it they can eff off.

Do you have nothing to be proud of that you've actually achieved yourself?
Do you have nothing to be proud of that you've actually achieved yourself?

I have lots of achievments to be proud of. You are making the stupid assumption that being white is the only thing I am proud of, it is not it is only one facet.
I have lots of achievments to be proud of. You are making the stupid assumption that being white is the only thing I am proud of, it is not it is only one facet.

I don't understand how anyone can be proud of something that they had no choice over. Anything that white people have achieved, that you had no part in, you are belittling their achievements by assuming that you are anything other than a beneficiary.

Just because you are white, it doesn't mean you are in any way linked to any other white people. How many really smart people do you know who are proud to be white? Be honest.
I don't understand how anyone can be proud of something that they had no choice over. Anything that white people have achieved, that you had no part in, you are belittling their achievements by assuming that you are anything other than a beneficiary.

Just because you are white, it doesn't mean you are in any way linked to any other white people. How many really smart people do you know who are proud to be white? Be honest.

Of course I am linked to white people, We have the same ancestors, culture, we share the same geographic areas and societies. And I am amazeed at people like you who incessantly ask qouestions such as "I don't understand how anyone can be proud of something that they had no choice over." You really hate the fact that I am proud of ebing white, you really do hate it. I am very proud of being white and I have nothing more to add, I am not going to argue with someones who hates the idea of me being proud of my race, people and ancestors.

When you graduate from University will your parents be proud ? I wonder if you will be asking them incessently "how can you be proud of me its not your achievment" ya da ya da
Of course I am linked to white people, We have the same ancestors, culture, we share the same geographic areas and societies. And I am amazeed at people like you who incessantly ask qouestions such as "I don't understand how anyone can be proud of something that they had no choice over." You really hate the fact that I am proud of ebing white, you really do hate it. I am very proud of being white and I have nothing more to add, I am not going to argue with someones who hates the idea of me being proud of my race, people and ancestors.

When you graduate from University will your parents be proud ? I wonder if you will be asking them incessently "how can you be proud of me its not your achievment" ya da ya da

Ancestors? We're all descended from black people as well you know. And no, we don't share the same culture. Do you share the same culture as Albanian Muslims, or Amish Americans? Seems like an odd claim. And now, you share the same geography as black and brown people. You basically mash in a bunch of unquantifiable crap in order to define your personality, rather than things you've achieved and done.

I hate it because its utterly retarded and intellectually indefensible, and collectivist ideologies are responsible for pretty much every type of oppression and idiocy the world has ever seen. It's time to move on.

Oh, and my parents had an effect on my personality. You have had absolutely zero effect on anyone outside your own social circle, especially the ancestors you did absolutely nothing towards helping. It's called bandwagoning. I'm guessing you don't feel in any way connected to the slave trade or holocaust, which was also done by whites, so why should you be proud of the 'good' things?
Ancestors? We're all descended from black people as well you know. And no, we don't share the same culture. Do you share the same culture as Albanian Muslims, or Amish Americans? Seems like an odd claim. And now, you share the same geography as black and brown people. You basically mash in a bunch of unquantifiable crap in order to define your personality, rather than things you've achieved and done.

I hate it because its utterly retarded and intellectually indefensible, and collectivist ideologies are responsible for pretty much every type of oppression and idiocy the world has ever seen. It's time to move on.

Oh, and my parents had an effect on my personality. You have had absolutely zero effect on anyone outside your own social circle, especially the ancestors you did absolutely nothing towards helping. It's called bandwagoning. I'm guessing you don't feel in any way connected to the slave trade or holocaust, which was also done by whites, so why should you be proud of the 'good' things?

What a tolerant person you are.
What a tolerant person you are.

Tolerance of stupidity is not a virtue.
To the OP, I'm not sure what you would expect, but I think it's pretty obvious that people wouldn't want to be a minority in their own country isn't it? It doesn't prove that Britain is racist either; not sure how you deduced this, or what you think racism is.
Reply 395
People seem to forget that for the past several centuries Britain has been a "White State". History teaches you not to phuck around and try and change something that ingrained.
Reply 396
I find it perculiar you deem it racist for any race to wants its homeland to be inhabited majoritorally by their home race.

Racist? Don't peddle me this sanctimonious dribble.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 397
ForeverIsMyName great arguments.
youve opened my eyes further.
:smile:
Original post by Blazara
People seem to forget that for the past several centuries Britain has been a "White State". History teaches you not to phuck around and try and change something that ingrained.

Really? Stagnation has been the death of just as many empires as radical change.

I think we're a country past the point of collapsing because of too many brown people.
Reply 399
Really? Stagnation has been the death of just as many empires as radical change.

I think we're a country past the point of collapsing because of too many brown people.

I never referenced state collapse, so good straw man, bro.

However, it makes reasonable sense that people do no want change to occur [unless it is in a beneficial manner]. For most people (not even just whites), they do not see how increased immigration is beneficial to them, and some would consider it negative, what with the welfare system.

Latest

Trending

Trending