The Student Room Group

Who's your favourite historical figure?

Can be any past person (that existed) or someone who is still alive but has made history.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ancient: King Solomon.

Modern: Vladimir…
Reply 2
Marie Antoinette and Empress Elisabeth von Wittelsbach
(edited 10 months ago)
Michail Gorbatschow. His reforms in the Eastern countries enable a real change for the satellite countries of the Soviet Union and brought the rivalry of the two super powers to an end, and made a great contribution to the reunion of the German states to a certain degree, although it is not clear to this day, whether these consequences were his true intentions.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
I have many

Kings, Rulers and Emperors:
King Baldwin
Marcus Aurelius
Julius Caesar

Philosophers, Writers and Artists
Napoleon
Marcus Aurelius
Epictetus
Seneca
John Locke
Thomas Hobbes
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Max Webber

The list could go on tbh
Original post by Acuityo
I have many

Kings, Rulers and Emperors:
King Baldwin
Marcus Aurelius
Julius Caesar

Philosophers, Writers and Artists
Napoleon
Marcus Aurelius
Epictetus
Seneca
John Locke
Thomas Hobbes
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Max Webber

The list could go on tbh

Wouldn't Napoléon go under emperor?
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad

What are you on about?

Clisson et Eugénie

Is an absolute banger of a love story
Reply 7
Queen Elizabeth 1 (daughter of King Henry VIII)
Original post by Acuityo
What are you on about?

Clisson et Eugénie

Is there an artist called Napoleon?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
Is there an artist called Napoleon?

No mate Napoleon before he had ambitions of becoming an emperor or even joining the military wanted to be a writer in 1795 he released a novel called Clisson et Eugénie
Original post by Acuityo
No mate Napoleon before he had ambitions of becoming an emperor or even joining the military wanted to be a writer in 1795 he released a novel called Clisson et Eugénie

Ah fair.
I have 2:

- Miyamoto Musashi (as evidenced by my profile picture)
- Marcus Aurelius (as evidenced by my username)
Reply 12
Viscount Nelson - Britain's greatest hero and without doubt the greatest naval commander the world has ever seen. His skill and daring made Britain the preeminent maritime power and by extension world power for a hundred or more years following his death. He captivated British people, scandalised high society and was so beloved that he was honoured with the first ever state funeral for someone not of royal blood. The funeral itself had triple the number of attendees as for Diana and the streets were lined with hundreds of thousands of ordinary people in a time when the population of the country was a fraction of what it is today.
Reply 13

Good point !
Reply 14
Original post by Acuityo
What are you on about?

Clisson et Eugénie

that's very niche ! As a french person I didn't even knew he wrote a book 😂
Original post by wilderose
that's very niche ! As a french person I didn't even knew he wrote a book 😂

Same, we've learned something new.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Trinculo
Viscount Nelson - Britain's greatest hero and without doubt the greatest naval commander the world has ever seen. His skill and daring made Britain the preeminent maritime power and by extension world power for a hundred or more years following his death. He captivated British people, scandalised high society and was so beloved that he was honoured with the first ever state funeral for someone not of royal blood. The funeral itself had triple the number of attendees as for Diana and the streets were lined with hundreds of thousands of ordinary people in a time when the population of the country was a fraction of what it is today.

And he has as a ~ 15 foot statue in london, yet he was only 5 feet tall. A horatio of about 3 : 1.
(edited 10 months ago)
Mary Seacole
Reply 18
Original post by mqb2766
And he has as a ~ 15 foot statue in london, yet he was only 5 feet tall. A horatio of about 3 : 1.

Lmao really meanwhile Britain was producing propaganda mocking napoleons height and he was 7 inches taller than Horatio.
Reply 19
Original post by Acuityo
Lmao really meanwhile Britain was producing propaganda mocking napoleons height and he was 7 inches taller than Horatio.

But hes french (corsica) so thats fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending