The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why would anyone be happy with their race becoming a minority in their own country? Apply the same poll (changing the race obviously) to every other country and have a look at those 'horribly racist' results.
Original post by Superlogon
Why would anyone be happy with their race becoming a minority in their own country? Apply the same poll (changing the race obviously) to every other country and have a look at those 'horribly racist' results.

Doesn't mean they're right.

Because this is a prospect for some european countries within the next 50-100 years I think it's a disgusting attitude to have personally.
Original post by Blazara
I never referenced state collapse, so good straw man, bro.

However, it makes reasonable sense that people do no want change to occur [unless it is in a beneficial manner]. For most people (not even just whites), they do not see how increased immigration is beneficial to them, and some would consider it negative, what with the welfare system.

Most people don't understand immigration law and the benefits of a malleable workforce on the economy. Public policy should not be based on what people do not understand.
Reply 403
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
Most people don't understand immigration law and the benefits of a malleable workforce on the economy. Public policy should not be based on what people do not understand.

We live [supposedly] in a democracy. If the majority of the people do not understand, then the policy will change to fit their opinions.
Original post by Sharpshooter

Because this is a prospect for some european countries within the next 50-100 years I think it's a disgusting attitude to have personally.

Your opinion is in the minority. Probably due to some power driven need to be politically correct or because you are not white. If you aren't white, please imagine your origin country being invaded and taken over by whites, Leaving your people as only 10% of the country. You are telling everyone you would be happy with this? Your people being pushed to near extinction in their own country?
Your opinion is in the minority. Probably due to some power driven need to be politically correct or because you are not white. If you aren't white, please imagine your origin country being invaded and taken over by whites, Leaving your people as only 10% of the country. You are telling everyone you would be happy with this? Your people being pushed to near extinction in their own country?

I believe that the honourable gentleman you refer to is, in fact, white. He's clearly suffering from a mental condition, whether it's a "driven need to be politically correct" or an inferiority complex, or even a kind of self-loathing. Mind you, there's a lot of self-loathing whites around nowadays, especially in left-wing circles.

My friend, in a democracy the people are *always* right.

I swear that has already happened in the past with North America. Imagine what happened to the native americans...:rolleyes:
Original post by satisverborum2003
I swear that has already happened in the past with North America. Imagine what happened to the native americans...:rolleyes:

What does this have to do with British people today ? Did the British people today go and colonise America ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by satisverborum2003

Oh gosh yeh, it's happened everywhere throughout history. The Roman empire and the british empire amongst the most well known.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334271/Eight-want-tighter-controls-immigration---Lib-Dem-voters-want-cap.html

(Here's the poll in full)

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/excel/YouGov-Poll-Restricting-NonEC-Mig301110.xls

A YouGov/Migration watch poll has recently shown that 73% of British people conducted in their poll responded to being unhappy at the prospect of Britain becoming a white minority state by 2066.

OBVIOUSLY.
I don't understand why you're surprised.
And it's not racist at all.

I'm not even white but I completely agree with you.
Original post by Blazara
We live [supposedly] in a democracy. If the majority of the people do not understand, then the policy will change to fit their opinions.

*******s to that. If 51% of the people think the world is round, they can go **** themselves.
Reply 412
*******s to that. If 51% of the people think the world is round, they can go **** themselves.

Last time I checked, the world was round.
Original post by Blazara
Last time I checked, the world was round.

Typo. You get the point I'm trying to make here. Getting a majority of idiots is not a good decision making process.
Reply 414
Typo. You get the point I'm trying to make here. Getting a majority of idiots is not a good decision making process.

Pretty vast typing error there.

Perhaps not, but we live in a system where the will of the majority is meant to be acted upon.
Original post by Blazara
Perhaps not, but we live in a system where the will of the majority is meant to be acted upon.

Is it? I thought we had a representative, rather than a direct democracy?
Reply 416
Is it? I thought we had a representative, rather than a direct democracy?

Then it's not a real democracy and thus shouldn't hold the name. Seems simple enough to me.
Original post by Blazara
Then it's not a real democracy and thus shouldn't hold the name. Seems simple enough to me.

Well then, the last 'real democracy' was probably in ancient Greece, and any modern liberal democracies don't qualify. You're just too specific with the term.

I understand that you might want to live by the principle of mob rules, but I don't.
Reply 418
Original post by No Man
I'm sure The Japanese, Chinese, Nigerians, Arabs, Koreans, and Hispanics would also be unhappy if they became the minority race in their countries.

It's not racist. It's how the human race works.

Many arabs in many gulf countries are minorities.
Reply 419
****ing 90% of Britain is white. Why are people scared?

Latest

Trending

Trending