The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Are any of you going to read English at Worcester?

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/865917-emma-watson-to-study-at-oxford-university

Jealous :tongue:
Reply 1581
Am I the only one not very bothered about being given a reading list? If I get one I'll see what's Amazonable, if not I might read some philosophy nearer the time. I'm also leaving myself a grand total of around four days in the UK to sort everything out and pack before leaving for Oxford after coming back from Berlin. :cool:

Original post by flywithemma

Haha, that's quite amusing. Shoulda gone to Christ Church, she knows the food there's good. :p:
Original post by dbmag9

Haha, that's quite amusing. Shoulda gone to Christ Church, she knows the food there's good. :p:

Oh god, I didn't think about the fact that people will be making Harry Potter references to her pretty much non stop.

Although is it bad I'm tempted to go stalk her and tell her I love her? :colondollar:
We should put bets on the first person to get knocked back by her.

EDIT: Flywithemma is now odds-on favourite :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
anyone offer for st hugh's?x

I was nearly going to apply to Worcester :frown: I don't have an excuse to say hi to her now...

I'm not sure how accurate that is, I read the interview that the article keeps quoting and not once does she mention going back to uni.
Original post by jenny18
Hi,

Thanks for that. I'm interested in the old English side of things too, but I'm not sure which one Lincoln focuses on. I'm reading (ahem, revising and procrastinating with) a brilliant book at the moment by Peter Ackroyd, called 'Albion'. I recommend it. It appears to take you through the basic progression of English lit but also English culture in general, so it's fab.

Hope to see you at Oxford!

I'll definitely look that up, thanks for the recommendation! I'm always looking for new ways to procrastinate from doing maths papers!

Hope to see you too!
Original post by micky022
We should put bets on the first person to get knocked back by her.

EDIT: Flywithemma is now odds-on favourite :tongue:

Sadly I'm
a) a girl.
b) straight.
c) she's straight.

apart from those three obstacles, she's all mine :love:
Sadly I'm
a) a girl.
b) straight.
c) she's straight.

apart from those three obstacles, she's all mine :love:

Being male, I appear to have the advantage :tongue:
Being male, I appear to have the advantage :tongue:

:cry:
:cry:

Aha, I'll just go wingman and tackle the bodyguard while you profess your love to her :wink:
Aha, I'll just go wingman and tackle the bodyguard while you profess your love to her :wink:

YEY. And if I'm successful, we can share her. Deal? :cool:
any hot guys got offers? :tongue: x
YEY. And if I'm successful, we can share her. Deal? :cool:

Works for me; is it like alternating weekends? :biggrin:
Works for me; is it like alternating weekends? :biggrin:

Yes, although if there's something in particular you'd like to have her for when it's my weekend, you're welcome to her :smile: we can do an exchange. We can also go out on romantic 3 person dates.
And if I'm remembering correctly, you're from Newcastle. So in the holidays she can come back here and we can continue sharing her. :biggrin:

This is SUCH a brilliant plan, foolproof in fact. :biggrin:
Yes, although if there's something in particular you'd like to have her for when it's my weekend, you're welcome to her :smile: we can do an exchange. We can also go out on romantic 3 person dates.
And if I'm remembering correctly, you're from Newcastle. So in the holidays she can come back here and we can continue sharing her. :biggrin:

This is SUCH a brilliant plan, foolproof in fact. :biggrin:

The only snag is needing her agreement to it :smile: And possibly us being competitive on these triple-date things :tongue:

I am indeed, but I don't mention it now that Geordie Shore is on TV... It is not 'Geordie law' to have a tan :angry:
Reply 1597
I'm gonna buy as many as I can for my kindle so that I don't have to carry a lot of heavy stuff on me. The rest I simply don't know yet :frown:

Another kindle lover! Hello! I, too, am going to try and use my kindle for Oxford stuff. Which course are you going for? I ask, because I'm going for English and each time I mention kindles to other equally addicted bookworms they look at my like a heretic (I half expect to be warded off with garlic and a cross! :giggle:

Now...books are my first love. Nothing can beat the feel of one in your hands or the smell of an unopened book. And I like leaving bookmarks in books for me to find later (old tickets etc...) and remembering where I went, what I did, whilst reading and all of those things don't happen with kindles. However, for sheer practicality the kindle wins. I mean, I'd like to read Les Miserables, but each time I look at it in a shop the size is daunting. It's not easy to carry! On a kindle, not only is it the size of a kindle, it is also pretty cheap!

All of these factors are fab for Oxford. But then again, it is the town of libraries so I probably shouldn't worry anyway.

That at the top should be a quote from...BeritV, so I think I may have broken the quote thingy. Sorry!
(edited 12 years ago)
The only snag is needing her agreement to it :smile: And possibly us being competitive on these triple-date things :tongue:

I am indeed, but I don't mention it now that Geordie Shore is on TV... It is not 'Geordie law' to have a tan :angry:

Pssh, she doesn't need to agree to it, it's 2 against one. :tongue:

And hehe, my claim to fame is that one of the guys on Geordie Shore went to my school :') such a beautiful beautiful thing, the fact he's the most famous alumni says something about the state of my school, mind you. :tongue:
Pssh, she doesn't need to agree to it, it's 2 against one. :tongue:

And hehe, my claim to fame is that one of the guys on Geordie Shore went to my school :') such a beautiful beautiful thing, the fact he's the most famous alumni says something about the state of my school, mind you. :tongue:

Haha, you're determined aren't you? :tongue:

Oh dear God, which one? The only one I would let live is Greg, and even then after a couple of beatings. My school doesn't have any famous alumni. However, we're a Catholic school so can we count the Pope as an alumnus? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending