The Student Room Group

June 2011 G485-Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Kidms001
Really? From this thread? :eek: .. The plot thickens :colone:

Yes :tongue: Indeed :colone:
Original post by TobeTheHero
i worked out i got 66/100:frown: lost 34 marks!

what is this in terms of grade?

Technically a C possibly a B but I would guess 105 UMS or so.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Ugh. Well, I think I did real good on the writing parts, and then balls on the electric stuff. Which to be fair is what I expected to happen.

Figured the maximum possible mark i could have got is about 73, thats with generous marking, so probs closer to 60 which should be the b I need.

I think its riduculous and unfair however that some candidates were given more time, and will be sending a very stern email OCR's way, inquiring about how they intend to ensure that the examination is fair to all that took it. Does anybody know what action they took about the D1 paper, if any?

This was on BBC a while ago. I think it said that everyone would be given full marks for that question :s-smilie:
Original post by k9markiii

Are you having a laugh?
Are you having a laugh?

Yes, but it wasn't very funny :indiff:

Based on previous grade boundaries, that may well be an A :dontknow:

exactly dude is dragging me down to C:angry:
I'd laugh if we got given full marks for that messed question, I didnt even do it.
Reply 1307
Original post by k9markiii

66/100 was an A for Jan 2011, and 60/100 was an A in June 2010. My feeling is they will probably be a little higher this year, maybe high 60s.
Original post by susan23
lol...I wrote on the paper..."errr hello you did a mistake here!!" I was gna swear...but i though allow it :colondollar: what happens if theres a mistake? do they give everyone full marks?

You give a correct answer and make it clear your method.
Reply 1309

aww :frown: I really hope 65 less raw is an A...especially with the extra time going on...:poo:
Original post by EmperorMustard
Ugh. Well, I think I did real good on the writing parts, and then balls on the electric stuff. Which to be fair is what I expected to happen.

Figured the maximum possible mark i could have got is about 73, thats with generous marking, so probs closer to 60 which should be the b I need.

I think its riduculous and unfair however that some candidates were given more time, and will be sending a very stern email OCR's way, inquiring about how they intend to ensure that the examination is fair to all that took it. Does anybody know what action they took about the D1 paper, if any?

Same here, I never know what I'm meant to be calculating...
Hey I see you're doing civil engineering too, where did you apply?
Original post by desh80
I thought the paper was pretty straightforward, there were'nt any questions that were too hard to do, and supperisingly i had enough time to finish it. and the mistake they made didn't really effect anything.

I completely agree. If you knew the textbook/CGP well enough then all the questions were answerable
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I'd laugh if we got given full marks for that messed question, I didnt even do it.

Haha yeah. I guess when I said I will ask how OCR will ensure the paper is fair for all candidates, I meant I will ask how OCR will ensure the paper is fair in my favour :ahee: Coming out of the exam I knew that was my least favourite question on the paper, error or no error (hell, I didnt even notice the error)
Original post by susan23
aww :frown: I really hope 65 less raw is an A...especially with the extra time going on...:poo:

:yep: .. I didn't even think of pointing the mistake out. Considering one of the people in my year sitting the paper turned up 15 minutes late when I was just about doing the question meant I took a light-hearted look at it I think :rofl:
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

which question was that??
Reply 1315
Heres a new one for you all:

Did anyone else write the 3 outcomes of the universe in the wrong order? I did open, then flat, then closed, REALISED I'd done them in the wrong order and relabelled the answer boxes, and made it very clear which I was talking about.

Hopefully thats enough to make it clear what a daft thing I did.

Weird thing is, another guy in my class did exactly the same thing >.<

All in all, I hated every second of it, but hopefully I did okay. I'm going through working it out and I probably got between 65-70 so fingers crossed that'll be enough for an A.

Oh also, I didnt even notice the error somehow! Just carried on totally oblivious of it O.o
I just couldn't sleep last night:frown: my mind was on C4:mad: so I decided to just lay down close eyes for full 3 hours! here I am this morning having not slept at all:eek: I just went through module 5 and I'm done:biggrin: Now it's all just reviewing last night's work:wink:

i love the amount of different smilies used in this loool
Am I the only person who finished with plenty of time spare, and is still complaining to OCR just in the hope that it could make my grade better?
Reply 1318
:yep: .. I didn't even think of pointing the mistake out. Considering one of the people in my year sitting the paper turned up 15 minutes late when I was just about doing the question meant I took a light-hearted look at it I think :rofl:

yhh same!! basically what i did was worked out the acceleration using the velocity they gave! llooland extra time wtf? yh sure extra times gna help the mistake :rolleyes:
Original post by supervernagirl
Same here, I never know what I'm meant to be calculating...
Hey I see you're doing civil engineering too, where did you apply?

First choice is Cardiff at AAB. Second choice is....wait for it..

Surrey :awesome: BBB as well so must be the same course as you :smile: Good chance I will be going there as well, gonna struggle to get AAB I reckon. Not bothered either way to be honest they are both really good Uni's :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending