The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eugenius 8
:rofl: makes me wana watch those funny scenes again :mmm:

ah fair enough :yep:

Spoiler

tbh i dont usually but theres just something about Menma :p: :cute: lol Tsuruko meh but i find Anaru quite cutely hot :colondollar: i see so you like messed up guys :lolwut: :sexface: :awesome:

last ep has just been released but havent been in an anime watching mood recently, been addicted to Persona 3 Portable last few days :moon:

Spoiler

Yeah XD Anaru's cute, but then I stopped liking her and now I like her again O.o who doesn't like messed up guys?
Ah I see =O Not had chance really either. Persona 3 portable? ohhh it's a game. Well I'm about to watch it now, and tell me if you do, I'd like to know what you think :biggrin:

Edit: I like your icon XD I just noticed it now. Oh, and I watched the end now.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1321
Going to resume Dog Days and Tiger & Bunny with the intention to marathon through them both on my flight back to NYC tonight. :yes:
Original post by Aiko
Going to resume Dog Days and Tiger & Bunny with the intention to marathon through them both on my flight back to NYC tonight. :yes:

I just finished Dog Days myself... meh.

Tiger and Bunny is definitely the better show of the two, but I'm a bit puzzled about how long it's going to be. :hmmmm2: At first it seemed to be building up to a nice (if generic) ending at the 12-13 episode mark, but at least 15 episodes have been announced... I could see them ending it well enough at 15, but that's certainly unusual; alternatively it could just be going on for another season, the current arc could be one of many, or may not end as I expected.

*has not seen episode 13 yet, however*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko

Just realised your sig is from Katanagatari, as I was watching it. Great scene.
Reply 1324
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Tiger and Bunny is definitely the better show of the two, but I'm a bit puzzled about how long it's going to be. :hmmmm2: At first it seemed to be building up to a nice (if generic) ending at the 12-13 episode mark, but at least 15 episodes have been announced... I could see them ending it well enough at 15, but that's certainly unusual; alternatively it could just be going on for another season, the current arc could be one of many, or may not end as I expected.

all the chatter Ive seen on it so far is assuming its going for 26 eps :beard:
Reply 1325
Just finished marathonning(why isn't this a word!? spellcheck :mad:) Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken manga. Based off the popular RPG series, Dragon Quest, in Japan. Always been a fan of the games and decided to search for an anime for it - to my disappointment there were only subs until episode 15. Then I found the 349 chapters of it :teeth:

If anyone wants to follow an epic adventure; I recommend reading this :smile:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1521
(also has same artist as dbz :awesome: if i remember correctly...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1326

Ok, I'll agree that Tiger and Bunny is considerably better, but I personally enjoyed watching Dog Days. It was a cute series that clearly didn't take itself too seriously. :tongue: Kept me entertained throughout my flight, which was the main thing. :yes:
Original post by Aiko
Ok, I'll agree that Tiger and Bunny is considerably better, but I personally enjoyed watching Dog Days. It was a cute series that clearly didn't take itself too seriously. :tongue: Kept me entertained throughout my flight, which was the main thing. :yes:

I guess it's a series that would have worked better being marathoned; for me watching it weekly, the fact the 'final boss' was defeated in episode 10 and that this was followed by three weeks of slow paced closure didn't impress me much. :p:
AJ, agreed, the ANN and other entries for Tiger and Bunny seem weird. I think I finally found a site assuming it was twenty-six last week, and it's always felt paced to twenty-six to me. :biggrin:

My girlfriend and I only have one disc of Wolf's Rain left! She suddenly had a bit of an epiphany in the episode with the Native American characters - "oh, it was meant to be SPIRITUAL!" and I think she might actually be ENJOYING it now. I am a giant atheist, and it never occurred to me to use that word to describe it. I had no idea that she hadn't twigged that it was a sort of sense-of-wonder show. I'm so glad!

We also had the first episode of Higashi no Eden last week. She's a bit worried that the guy-who-looks-like-Morita is going to break the heart of the girl-who-looks-like-Hagu. But yeah! I've got her watching noitaminA! They don't usually appear on her radar, even though her taste in anime is pretty legit. She just doesn't have a lot of time for downloading - but I picked this one up on DVD. :smile: Also it is apparent that I need to spend longer memorising the names if we're going to carry on with Higashi no Eden (which we are).

- Pips
Reply 1329
I guess it's a series that would have worked better being marathoned; for me watching it weekly, the fact the 'final boss' was defeated in episode 10 and that this was followed by three weeks of slow paced closure didn't impress me much. :p:

Yeah, I was going to say that watching everything in one sitting probably helped as retrospectively not a lot happened in each episode. I did find it amusing how at the end...

Spoiler

Besides, above all I'm always in support of a mixed character who is half English and half Japanese. :tongue:
I'm beginning to regret acquiring the soundtracks for Lodoss and Crest of the Stars at the same time as Captain Harlock. Because they're all awesome, but only one of them is Captain Harlock, so the other two aren't getting anywhere near as many plays as they deserve. :o:

Reply 1331

So far Tiger and Bunny has possibly been my favourite of the season :smile: I initially ignored it, but it's a fun series, and the lead is just so :fluffy:

MAL has had it at 26 episodes since I added it way back when.

So behind on most of the other shows :nooo: On episode 11 of Maria holic alive, and 12 of T&B and single digits for all the rest :sad:
On the assumption that it was going to finish this season, I'd pretty much decided that Tiger & Bunny was a fun show with a likable lead, but other than that was fairly average. Knowing now that there's going to be another 13 episodes, it'll be interesting to see if it can change my opinion. :yes:
Reply 1333
Talking of episode lengths, does anyone know yet how long the beezlebub anime was/is? :mmm:
Original post by Truered
Talking of episode lengths, does anyone know yet how long the beezlebub anime was/is? :mmm:

I know that it's still airing, that much is certain, and is on episode 23. But the best I can find for total expected episode count is Wikipedia's '24 Announced'.
Reply 1335
That series was confusing. I picked it up, expecting a 13 episode series, then I expected 26, and then there was also talk of it reaching the 30s or being indefinate at the moment.

Regardless I dropped it a while back. Gosick managed to hang on, but I've yet to reach episode 20 on that :nyoron:
Reply 1336
I know that it's still airing, that much is certain, and is on episode 23. But the best I can find for total expected episode count is Wikipedia's '24 Announced'.

It's highly probable that the episode count will be a lot more than that in account of how large the manga is and its popularity. I suspect its length will mainly be determined by its ratings (averaging at around 3.2% the last time I checked), so we'll see. I haven't been following this adaptation, though, so this is mere conjecture on my part.
Reply 1337
Original post by Truered

Original post by Truered
That series was confusing. I picked it up, expecting a 13 episode series, then I expected 26, and then there was also talk of it reaching the 30s or being indefinate at the moment.

Regardless I dropped it a while back. Gosick managed to hang on, but I've yet to reach episode 20 on that :nyoron:

I managed to hang on till ep 19 before Id had enough.:proud:
I thought it looked meh to begin with and didn't bother picking it up. :proud:

I FINALLY have Armour Trooper Votoms. I've watched the first episode at Aberanime, the first few episodes of Pailsen Files and all of Red Shoulder Document (I added the latter two to A-P), and I really liked what I saw. I went over to a friend's house with the primary intention of getting this series, but after being blinded by the other shows he had to offer (GaoGaiGar :coma:) I somehow left without it. So I decided that enough was enough, and that it had to be the next thing I downloaded. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1339
Ooh, nice, have fun with Votoms.

Some gentle/m/an has been touting this PV for a project called Kyousogiga, about which there is very little information. It certainly looks nice. Supposedly it's a collaboration between Banpresto and Toei, with the chap who directed the (rather fine, for a thing primarily made for little girls) Heartcatch movie directing.

Latest