The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Seeing it on Saturday in 2D (thought it would be weird seeing it in 3D when the first part was in 2D) and I am so excited! I can still remember going to see the first HP film in the cinema with my family all those years ago. It'll always remain a special part of my childhood :smile:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1661
Original post by strifelight

:bawling:

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

It's so true.

This movie is equally one of the most amazing/awful thing that's ever going to happen :cry2:

Original post by Sawwah
how do you get to see it on wednesday?

It's released in most of Europe today.
We should have got the film first :colonhash: though that's nowhere near as annoying as Harry Potter World having been built in AMERICA is. So wrong.
Original post by Liam_G
"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

It's so true.

This movie is equally one of the most amazing/awful thing that's ever going to happen :cry2:

I definately agree, WHY CAN'T SHE WRITE MORE?
Original post by rainbow drops
We should have got the film first :colonhash: though that's nowhere near as annoying as Harry Potter World having been built in AMERICA is. So wrong.

i saw the advance preview on UK première date a week ago today, but i 100% agree and stated as such on twitter that why did America get a Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, when it is quintessentially British and we do not have one?? But also in NYC there has been a Harry Potter exhibit on with a gift shop that just oozes Harry etc stuff (know this from my friend over there)
13 hours to go, tempted to skip work to make my Ron costume :biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: 12 hours and 56 minutes! Haha! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not been to an IMAX 3D since Alice was in Wonderland as well! :tongue:
Less than 12 hours to go :elefant:

So tempted to draw an eyeliner-scar on my forehead.
11 hours 40 minutes to go. :biggrin: I'm so excited! I have a feeling this day will end up going to slowly!
I watched it yesterday. It was brilliant!:biggrin:
Just booked for the second time...watching it twice....!!!! :biggrin: Looked at the reviews on Metacritic, average 88%...going. To. Be. Epic.
Original post by strifelight

'Please rate some other members before rating this member again!"

:frown: So, so, so, so true...
So what's everyone doing to prepare for the final film?
Reply 1674
Favourite HP quotes of all time guys? Here are a few of mine, incidentally all from Dumbledore :biggrin:

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

And probably my favourite HP quote of all time from the master:

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."
Original post by HK11
Favourite HP quotes of all time guys?

Pretty much any quote where you substitute the word 'willy' with 'wand'. The immature hilarity. :rofl:

‎'Both Sirius and Snape lowered their willies... the unexpected entrance of so many witnesses seemed to have brought them to their senses... "But what's going on?" asked Mr. Weasley. "Nothing, Arthur," said Sirius, who was breathing heavily as though he had just run a long distance.'

‎"Harry's willy had still been in his hand when he had jumped - it had gone straight up one of the trolls nostrils"

"It was hard to relax with Hermione next to you reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood or practising willy movements."

‎'My willy,' said Ron, in a shaky voice. 'Look at my willy.' It had snapped, almost in two; the tip was dangling limply, held on by a few splinters.

‎"Don't put your willy away boy, they might come back"
(edited 12 years ago)
Ooooo not long now! Anyone going to a midnight showing? I'm seeing the first half at 9:15 too, woo!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

That's a lovely photo. I remember seeing the very first one in 2001 at the massive Cineworld in Glasgow which had just opened and the whole place was packed. Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings were my most anticipated movies. The next year was even better because of The Chamber of Secrets and Spider Man and the next LOTR!
Reply 1679
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Pretty much any quote where you substitute the word 'willy' with 'wand'. The immature hilarity. :rofl:

Oh gosh, you just made me erupt into giggles like a little six year old girl. Shame on you.

In other news, I think we should all take some time out of our day to appreciate the awesomeness that is this T–shirt :yep:

:sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest