The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Actually, changing the value of l to 4 seems to work okay for now. :holmes: Needs more testing...
Original post by secretmessages
Virgin Media Super Hub :coma: :coma:

no no no, horrid
Original post by alexsheppard11

no no no, horrid

Why? :frown:
Original post by G8D
The thing is they constantly refer to a specific screen from another manufacturer that (last time I checked) had a Noteslate-esque device in tow.

Intriguing. It could be that they simply researched that (finding something that was similar to what they were saying) and use it to verify their own claims.
Original post by spikeymike
Actually, changing the value of l to 4 seems to work okay for now. :holmes: Needs more testing...

I assume there's a reason you're asking about such an opaque expression and that there's a good reason for it existing? :tongue:
Original post by Chrosson
I assume there's a reason you're asking about such an opaque expression and that there's a good reason for it existing? :tongue:

Pagination. This (TSR example): Page 470 of 470: « First | 370 | 420 | 460 | 466 | 467 | 468 | 469 | 470

I'm doing this for my placement work.

Virgin Media Super Hub :coma: :coma:

What is it?
Original post by wizard710

Original post by wizard710
What is it?

Just a router, I believe. A very very good one, wireless speeds here have now doubled.
Just a router, I believe. A very very good one, wireless speeds here have now doubled.

here, the wireless signal is poor. old router was much better

here, the wireless signal is poor. old router was much better

I was reading that they've had a lot of problems with it :unsure: but ours seems good for now :yy:
I was reading that they've had a lot of problems with it :unsure: but ours seems good for now :yy:

We do have thick walls, so we're currently using 2 wireless routers and a switch through the flat :p:

we have another backup router if the walls grow:awesome:

We do have thick walls, so we're currently using 2 wireless routers and a switch through the flat :p:

we have another backup router if the walls grow:awesome:

I take it back anyway, it broke and we had to reboot it :colonhash:

If the walls grow? :beard:
I take it back anyway, it broke and we had to reboot it :colonhash:

If the walls grow? :beard:

New one broke?

Yeah... seismic activity? :p:
Reply 9373
Actually we just received our first superhub from virgin media, nothing but trouble for the first three or four days. dropping out every ten minutes
Reply 9374

Didn't notice it as a problem until my pwoerline adapter went down, but now? FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :angry:
Original post by G8D
Is theming the Windows shell fairly safe?

Are you doing it manually or with some kind of program?
Original post by G8D
See edit.

I'd do it either way. Just not sure how...

I remember a few years ago there was a very popular bit of software that would do it for you. I can't remember the name but I think it started with an S. I'm sure one of the chaps on here will remember it or suggest an alternative.

Doing it automatically is probably going to be quicker and safer than tinkering with the files yourself. If you do go down the manual route, make sure you have plenty of backups!

Edit: This was the software I was talking about - http://www.stardock.com/products/thememanager/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9377
Original post by G8D
K so WB isn't installing/cracking right.

Anyone got a decent guide for shell theming? Either manually or by program, not fussed.

Universalthemepatcher to patch files to enable themes.

Windows theme installer to easily install themes.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-themes-installer-install-windows-7-vista-themes-easily

edit: Windows theme installer patches the files for you actually.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow it's been a while since I themed/changed my shell.
Memories of stardock, emerge desktop, rainmeter/enigma desktop, different boxes...was fun on XP.
Interestingly enough, I've not changed anything on 7 (to the point where my UA picture is still the toshiba logo). I think I'm just comfortable with it as-is.

Latest

Trending

Trending