The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
I finally have some time on my hands for some dedicated anime viewing, and a decent internet connection at last :woo:

I'm just confused about when things from the new season begin on crunchy roll :erm: I've got trial membership but can't watch things like The Mystic Archives of Dantalian; is that because it hasn't started yet, or are there still things that you can't watch even with membership?

I'm rubbish with knowing when seasons begin & end :colondollar: and it's been a long time since I used crunchyroll for any prolonged period of time, plus there's a lot fewer restricted series back home :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Restarted Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi this morning - we had it once as a random first at Aber Anime, so I can't say I was wholly unfamiliar with it. I'm a little nonplussed by all the fanservice (just watched episode three) but I love the character designs and colours, and I've been really enjoying all the proto-Gurren Lagann bits. :biggrin:

- Pips
Original post by AngryJellyfish
My Anime List. :yes:

Well it's almost guaranteed to be Ghibli if it's a movie shown on the BBC (even at such an off peak time)... but the only one that's remotely like that is Tales from Earthsea. :hmmmm2: Princess Mononoke at a real push...

Thank you for your time and help, however sorry to say it's none of them I have got princess mononoko and tales from earthsea on dvd.
Reply 1603
Truered would so love this opening to this Higurashi Kira OVA :mmm:

EDIT: Oh crap I should be watching this after the recently released shiki 21.5 ep:s-smilie: if thats anything like the previous one Im gonna need something light hearted after.:s-smilie:

EDIT2: wtf ...this old guy perving about with the idea of rika ...who's looks about 8 cleaning a window with her arse while he takes pictures:wtf:

EDIT3: this whole imagining the cast in pervy situations has gone on for too long now :hmpf:
oh its over now :zomg: 17 mins of a 30 min ep :no:

oh wait theres more :indiff:
(edited 12 years ago)
No.6 is progressing interestingly. :smile:
Original post by Smilingsam
Thank you for your time and help, however sorry to say it's none of them I have got princess mononoko and tales from earthsea on dvd.

How about Little Norse Prince/Adventures of Horus: Prince of the Sun (two different names for the same movie).

I keep forgetting this one since it was technically made before Studio Ghibli were around... it's actually the oldest anime I've watched so far! But as Isao Takahata was the director, and a lot of the other staff then went on to work for Ghibli, it was released alongside Ghibli films in the UK, so I imagine there's a chance it would make it onto TV. At any rate, it matches your description better than my other silly suggestions. :p:
I need to watch something light and cheerful, reccomendations plz! :smile:
Original post by SciFiBoy
I need to watch something light and cheerful, reccomendations plz! :smile:

The series that immediately spring to mind are:

Moyashimon

Minami-ke

Nichijou

Slayers

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

I went for a mix of comedy shows, varying in age and plot/setting. Hope something there interests you; if not, just let me know in more detail the type of series you want. :smile:

Moyashimon

Minami-ke

Nichijou

Slayers

I went for a mix of comedy shows, varying in age and plot/setting. Hope something there interests you; if not, just let me know in more detail the type of series you want. :smile:

thank you :smile: minami-ke sounds like something I might enjoy, im in the mood for something to make me feel a bit better and anime normally helps!
How about Little Norse Prince/Adventures of Horus: Prince of the Sun (two different names for the same movie).

I keep forgetting this one since it was technically made before Studio Ghibli were around... it's actually the oldest anime I've watched so far! But as Isao Takahata was the director, and a lot of the other staff then went on to work for Ghibli, it was released alongside Ghibli films in the UK, so I imagine there's a chance it would make it onto TV. At any rate, it matches your description better than my other silly suggestions. :p:

Thankyou sooooo much that looks like the one it was amazing when it was on tv, I just wish I could plus you right now but I'm out of rep :mad:
Reply 1610
Watched Evangelion 2.22222 was good.:yep: There was more of the other characters than just shinji being shinji.:giggle: Infact he wasnt too bad in this one:yes: Once again visually it was rather nice :teeth:. Asukas see through test plug suit was too blatently for pleasing the asuka fans.:hmmm: Ive also heard talk the inclusion of Mari was for grabbing the attention of "glasses :drool:" fans. :hmmm:

Kaoru (is that his name:hmmmm:) at the end :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Finished the criminally underrated Hime-sama Goyoujin (review thread)! Will be starting Those Who Hunt Elves next. :yes: Doubt I'll marathon it in a day, so assuming I keep up with my current daily reviews, the next one will likely be another short OVA. :yes:

I'm also finally downloading the third and final season of Aria (The Origination). I liked the first series so much when I watched it (must have been back in 2008?) that I decided I'd wait a year between watching each series to make it last. Then through a combination of forgetfulness and a reluctance to see it end, I skipped 2010 entirely. :o:
Actually, Those Who Hunt Elves is awesome (even if the premise is absolutely ridiculous :rofl:). Might be able to finish it by tomorrow afterall, depending on what I feel like watching. :yes:

Di Gi Charat Nyo is downloading slowly. Having lost my (relatively) HQ source along with Memole, I'll have to put up with this... HK Rips four teh wln!

Yes, I have stopped to wonder whether it's worth it. But I really liked Di Gi Charat, I want to watch more, and there aren't any better translations out there. :sigh: For the most part the subs are understandable, and I've watched things with worse video quality. :p:
:tumble:

I started downloading Shrine of the Morning Mist, a series I used to collect the manga for until Tokyopop dropped it one volume from the end. :rolleyes: (this is before they imploded, so not in the least bit forgivable). I highly doubt the anime will give me any closure though, as it was made in 2002 when there were only 2-3 volumes out... on the plus side, it turns out the episodes are half length (~12 minutes each), so my worries about it being excruciatingly slow or full of filler/anime original episodes *may* not come to anything. :p:

Juno

Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi Gets 2nd TV Anime Season Green-Lit

The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Asuka Ciel magazine is announcing this Saturday that a second television anime season based on Shungiku Nakamura's Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi manga has been green-lit.

Hybrid Child Boys-Love Manga Has Anime in the Works

Latest anime from Junjou Romantica/Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi creator Shungiku Nakamura

The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Asuka Ciel magazine is announcing this Saturday that Shungiku Nakamura's Hybrid Child boys-love manga has an anime in the works. The manga recounts short stories about the Hybrid Child, a line of units that are neither all-android nor all-human.
Reply 1615
watching more denpa onna ...the series about how a mothers negligence causes her daughter to isolate herself and think she's an alien :s-smilie:
Ghost in the shell movie 1 was amazing! :biggrin:
Original post by vin
Watched Evangelion 2.22222 was good.:yep: There was more of the other characters than just shinji being shinji.:giggle: Infact he wasnt too bad in this one:yes: Once again visually it was rather nice :teeth:. Asukas see through test plug suit was too blatently for pleasing the asuka fans.:hmmm: Ive also heard talk the inclusion of Mari was for grabbing the attention of "glasses :drool:" fans. :hmmm:

Kaoru (is that his name:hmmmm:) at the end :rofl:

I approve of servicing the asuka fans.

Moyashimon

Minami-ke

Nichijou

Slayers

is there anything like Monster? my favourite anime of all time alongside dragonball
Reply 1619
Original post by TobeTheHero
Ghost in the shell movie 1 was amazing! :biggrin:

One of my favourite films of all time :yep: GitS 2 is also really worth watching

Latest