The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by dnumberwang
Don't you just love their motto?

Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut.

:awesome::awesome:

It's brilliant, square practical good. Why aren't other mottos so simple?
Original post by katiej149
Glad I'm not the only one, always got really confused by that! And on the subject of Kinder, the Country bars are amaaaazing! :biggrin:

http://www.kinder-chocolate.com/kinder-country.html

Those are good, as are the Kinder Riegel (http://www.kinder-chocolate.com/kinder-riegel.html) ones, although those are quite expensive
Reply 122
Original post by dragonmeister
Those are good, as are the Kinder Riegel (http://www.kinder-chocolate.com/kinder-riegel.html) ones, although those are quite expensive

Don't forget Kinder MAXI KING!! Those are the tastiest Kinder product in the history of existence.
Was at a west-indian community festival on the weekend, there was a nigerian food stall as well and it was there and then I discovered the joy of the puff-puff

deep fried doughnuts, the exterior is fried and golden deliciousness, the interior is soft and chewy and pull-apart oh goddd i cant describe em :sogood:
also discovered curried goat, which is DELICIOUS
Reply 124
Original post by HFerguson
Was at a west-indian community festival on the weekend, there was a nigerian food stall as well and it was there and then I discovered the joy of the puff-puff

deep fried doughnuts, the exterior is fried and golden deliciousness, the interior is soft and chewy and pull-apart oh goddd i cant describe em :sogood:

omg those sound like something I would LOVE
Original post by nadiah
omg those sound like something I would LOVE

they could not be easier to make as well, search it on youtube :smile:
Currywurst

:sogood:
Reply 127
Dolma!

Vine leaves stuffed with rice, mince and vegetables.... :coma:

Kibbeh:

Deep fried Bulgur mixture stuffed with mince and vegetables and nuts :love:

Pad thai:

A dish of stir-fried rice noodles with eggs, fish sauce, tamarind juice, red chilli pepper, bean sprouts, garnished with crushed peanuts, coriander and lime.

And finally.....

The Hummingbird Bakery's Red Velvet Cupcake

The most arousing sweet dessert you will ever have the fortune to taste.
Reply 128

Now, not a lot of people seem to know that Warburtons make crisps, but these "pitta crisps" they make have to be the absolute best. It's the AWESOME TEXTURE that makes you NEED them.
Reply 129
And it SHOULDN'T work. It really SHOULDN'T.

Zotter Bacon Bits Chocolate. Seriously. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
Reply 130
Original post by TotoMimo
And it SHOULDN'T work. It really SHOULDN'T.

Zotter Bacon Bits Chocolate. Seriously. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

I've always wanted to try 'sweet' bacon. In the US they had Candied Bacon ice cream :eek: but the only place I saw it was IHOP (I think) and I couldn't quite stomach ice cream for breakfast :frown:
Reply 131

Okay, so we're always banging on with "OHMAGAWD AH LURB JAFFA CAKES!" "ME LUBZIES ME SUM COCA COLA!" - we do love ourselves some popular branded products, alright. But sometimes we want to eat something a little more... secret. Elusive. Ninja-esque. Foods that aren't always talked about and sit on the shelf, biding time, they don't necessarily call to you - you go to them. And when you discover them, you've discovered HIDDEN NIRVANA!

And now, we want to out them to the world! Tell EVERYONE about how epic they are. Post your food and drink items people may not've heard about, but are beyond-words brilliance! I'll start with some of my favourites...

MILCH KNOPPERS

Layers of wafer, nutella with chunks of hazelnut, milk chocolate and cream filling - how can it NOT be good?!

Buy it where? LIDL, ALDI

I found some of these in a Polish shop today! Fasting at the moment but can't wait until this evening to try them. Also found some chocolate-covered pretzels but the cover also shows cinnamon and star-anise. If they're anything like Nestle Pretzel Flipz (sadly discontinued) they should be EPIC
Reply 132
Original post by SHABANA
I found some of these in a Polish shop today! Fasting at the moment but can't wait until this evening to try them. Also found some chocolate-covered pretzels but the cover also shows cinnamon and star-anise. If they're anything like Nestle Pretzel Flipz (sadly discontinued) they should be EPIC

Nice one Shaba!

PS. If those chocolate Pretzels aren't good, be aware that Marks and Spencer do their own versions of "Pretzel Flipz" sold in the same size of bags they sell their chocolate raisins/white fudge popcorn etc in and they're phenomenal.
Reply 133
Original post by HFerguson

:five:

Puff puff is amazing, my goodness :coma:
Original post by sango
:five:

Puff puff is amazing, my goodness :coma:

I recognise your sig but I don't know why :holmes:
Reply 135

Nice one Shaba!

PS. If those chocolate Pretzels aren't good, be aware that Marks and Spencer do their own versions of "Pretzel Flipz" sold in the same size of bags they sell their chocolate raisins/white fudge popcorn etc in and they're phenomenal.

They were absolutely horrid :frown: They weren't even hard pretzels, more of a spongy biscuit. And the chocolate was dark and sickly, and they just tasted really weird. The knoppers on the other hand: AMAZING.
I boycott M&S, so getting my friend to buy me the proper flipz from cybercandy in London :smile:
Original post by SHABANA
They were absolutely horrid :frown: They weren't even hard pretzels, more of a spongy biscuit. And the chocolate was dark and sickly, and they just tasted really weird. The knoppers on the other hand: AMAZING.
I boycott M&S, so getting my friend to buy me the proper flipz from cybercandy in London :smile:

Why are you boycotting M and S?
Reply 137
Original post by tehforum

Why are you boycotting M and S?

Because of the amount of financial support they give to Israel.
Original post by SHABANA
Because of the amount of financial support they give to Israel.

Source?

Do you plan on boycotting American products then?
Reply 139

Source?

Do you plan on boycotting American products then?

http://stopfundingisrael.com/marks_spencer.html
I try to do what I can so M&S, Starbucks, Coca-Cola (although they make a lot of other stuff so sometimes don't realise until I've bought it).

Latest